This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Injection pump maybe???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkscreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Injection pump maybe???
    Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:26pm
I have a jd 4050 I know wrong color but it has a roosamaster pump. Anyway the problem is the governor doesn't seem to respond as quick as it should. It goes to far below and above set rpms without responding. The real noticable thing is when you go down hill it holds back good and then just starts to climb in rpms, like it loses its hold back. Engine has plenty of power, very little blowby, no oil consumption to speak of and starts excellent down to 0 farenheit. It actually starts way better than it should in cold weather. I'm not complaining but never had a Deere that starts this good. Is it likely internal pump issue or a timing thing. Thanks just looking for some advice before I dig in.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 12:01am
trade it off!
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 5:07pm
The 4050, is a great tractor, I sure wouldn't trade it off for a simple problem. Yes, the injector pump needs to be rebuilt. I can't remember the exact cause, but something is getting hung up in the pump, not allowing it to respond properly.
clarkscreek View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkscreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 6:25pm
I'm not trading it, I've owned it for two years and it's always done it I kind of had the feeling something was wrong but didn't have another one to compare to. I finally drove a different one and could tell mine wasn't right.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 7:35am
I've seen a few DM pumps have the weight retainer ring slip, so then the governing gets very sporadic. Minor changes, it works ok, big changes, it just slips and doesn't control anything. Pump issue for sure!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
clarkscreek View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkscreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 7:39am
Thanks for the replies I knew I could count on you guys. How much to fix the pump, rough estimate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic