This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inexpensive Gas Grill ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inexpensive Gas Grill ??
    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 7:49pm
Do any of you have a brand of grill under $350 that you can recommend  ? Our current grill is beyond updating withe burners/grates/valves (it lasted 18 years though Big smile). Thanks  
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 8:09pm
We have a nexgrill from Home Depot that works as good as a grill can I guess. Think we paid a little under $200 last spring/summer. It's just a plain old propane grill. No frills and dressing
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 8:19pm
Whatever you get, don't make any mis-steaks...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 15 Jun 2022 at 8:19pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 8:50pm
I've had good luck with the Weber brand.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 10:06pm
I have a Weber round charcoal grill I like real well. Can't beat meat cooked over a wood fire. Wife likes gas grill. The weber charcoal has outlasted 2 gas grills.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 1:49am
when I cooked for the 911 people and the Officers, i bought the $100 gas grill with tank, it cooked really as good or better than those mammoth grills and took less LPG to do the cooking. i always liked the grills that had the extra shelf inside, was a good smoker shelf or slow roasting shelf. i would suggest you try a flat top grill, i think you'd like it. i also suggest NOT buying the Blackstone flat top, they are just unhandy! i can cook just about everything on my flat top, steaks, bacon, pancakes, eggs, toast, grilled cheese, taters, the shredded hash browns cook really nice! and flat tops don't smoke as much as other grills unless you burn the food. i still have my other small grills for if i travel, but i like my flat top the bestest!  
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 6:45am
Originally posted by klinemar klinemar wrote:

I have a Weber round charcoal grill I like real well. Can't beat meat cooked over a wood fire. Wife likes gas grill. The weber charcoal has outlasted 2 gas grills.
I'm with ya' every step of the way there Mark!!  I got sick of gas grills, have had the Weber for a long time!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 7:03am
i bought a Weber last year, smallest i could find. charcoal isn't cheap and it takes along time to cook anything! charcoal don;t work well when it soaks up our humidity either! I don't mind the charcoal units if i had lots more time both cooking and babysitting it after cooking, making sure the wind don't blow the grill over and start a fire.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 7:07am
I saw a little itty bitty round (like a weber) grill once, thought it was a toy one...but learned it was a real grill and you put one (1) briquete in it and cook one (1) maybe 2 hamburgers (one atta time) on it. i haven't seen one since, but sure would buy one if i could find one. anyone else seen them? 
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 7:39am
I have had a Nexgrill for several years and have no complaints. 5 burner and I know I didn't pay over $200 for it. Have a rotisserie for it.
Used to use charcoal strictly but got tired of buying it.
I can get a tank of propane for the cost of a bag of good charcoal 
and use it 7-8 times or more.

I cook most everything on the top rack. As with any grill you have to learn it to know it. 
I have seen the prices of grills nowadays and its crazy. I would like a flat top grill that Shameless mentioned but not going to right now. I don't have his crazy amount of money to spend on that sort of thing.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 7:41am
I saw one at Tractor Supply/ Orscheln's, just under $300. stainless burners, diverters and grill, but must have been a one time deal, haven't seen them since.  I am considering one at Walmart, $297, gas on one side, charcoal on the other, just don't know how much I'd use the charcoal side. 
Maximum use of available resources!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 7:54am
I suppose it "takes longer" if you consider starting the fire.  But a little planning and reorganizing of time is no issue.  Actual cooking time longer?  Not in my experience.  Humidity?  Don't think you're more humid than me, never have seen that as an issue, never even considered it.  It's plausible, but I've never noticed anything.  
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 7:58am
I just had to junk my old Weber gas grill.  Poor thing only last 24 yearsWink!!
Just bought a new Weber 3-burner gas grill yesterday.  Paid $550 for it.  I know it's expensive but when the old one lasts 24 years, you go with what you had good luck with before.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 6:40pm
I think Chargrill is the name but I’m not sure???
They make a charcoal/ lp grill with a flat griddle and firebox for a smoker.
I want one.

Edited by Thad in AR. - 16 Jun 2022 at 7:16pm
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 6:54pm
I have the ‘Char Grill’ brand, gas on one side, charcoal on the other, with a gas burner top for a single pot on the end. I have used the charcoal side maybe twice the whole time I’ve had it. Although I need to replace the metal guards that sit above the 3 gas burners, for now I keep them wrapped with HD aluminum foil.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

I have the ‘Char Grill’ brand, gas on one side, charcoal on the other, with a gas burner top for a single pot on the end. I have used the charcoal side maybe twice the whole time I’ve had it. Although I need to replace the metal guards that sit above the 3 gas burners, for now I keep them wrapped with HD aluminum foil.

Does yours have the flat griddle?
Do you mind if I ask where you bought it?
I haven’t looked in a while
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 8:27pm
That grill I want is the chargriller professional Texas trio

Edited by Thad in AR. - 16 Jun 2022 at 8:28pm
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Does yours have the flat griddle?
Do you mind if I ask where you bought it?
I haven’t looked in a while

No flat griddle
Bought at Lowe’s, about 4-5 years ago.
$350.00 ish, if I recall.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 16 Jun 2022 at 9:27pm
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:49am
I paid $349. + tax of course for my flat top grill, it's a Camp Chef brand. I chose it over a Blackstone as it is a regular grill (LPG) first then has a flat top that fits over the top of the grill area. it also has the drip channel in front that takes the grease away off to a catch pan to the side. easy clean up. can grill a long time before having to clean out the grease pan. the Blackstone has a similar idea except you shove the grease out the back of the flat top, to clean it's pan you have to pull the grill out each time to clean it. and Blackstone is a flat top only grill, no grill grates like other grills. flat top grills don't smoke like other grills unless you burn what you are cooking! my Camp Chef is inside a 10x18 insulated building on my deck. we use it almost every day all year round. my freezer is also in the same building, and when we wanna cook something up, get it outta the freezer and put it on the flat top. the flat top does real good cooking up anything from its frozen state til done, with out ruining the items. cook time isn't much longer than cooking thawed items. i even do BBQ ribs on the flat top. only thing it won't cook up is smoking your items, i use a regular smoker for that. about everyone has jumped on the band wagon offering flat tops now. look the different brands over and decide what would work best for you. if you have a spot already where your grill sets in a built in area, then the Blackstone wouldn't be very handy having to pull the grill out each time to clean the grease pan. that's why i didn't buy that brand. bought mine at Bomgaars farm store, they have alot of other brands to sell you too, one is a 2 burner table top flat top grill, it's a Pit Boss brand and it looks interesting for about $140. (was out there today and seen it). it to was just the flat top with no grill under it. and really...i've had my flat top for a number of years now and have never used the grill grid part. it's always been the flat top. buy what you like, or experiment with another type. i like cooking and have prolly alot more cooking "things" or different ways of doing different types/ways of cooking than other people. but i've learned alot of different ways to cook things...i'm always experimenting, and some have been flops, and when they are...i learned from it and then i try it a different way.   
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:56am
oh...yeah...i cook pancakes and eggs and pizza and ribs and bacon and chicken and asparagas and about anything you wanna eat on my flat top grill.  
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 11:35am
Shameless you need to try the grill grid, Wink I heard those grill marks add taste. LOL I will be the first to admit my tasters are not the most discerning, so I will leave the testing to others. 
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 6:14pm
Thanks for the replies to you gentlemen !! Sadly, I'm too lazy to jack with charcoal Cool!! 
There won't be many "steaks " on it, we do brats, burgers, ribs , "occasional chicken" and frozen pizzas Smile
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 7:25pm
No duck eggs?WinkBeer
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Thanks for the replies to you gentlemen !! Sadly, I'm too lazy to jack with charcoal Cool!! 
There won't be many "steaks " on it, we do brats, burgers, ribs , "occasional chicken" and frozen pizzas Smile

Very seldom do I (we) purchase steaks. Over the decades, with gmo feeds, breeding for leaner beef, etc., beef has become bland, imho. We grill a lot of salmon & catfish, and brats or Italian sausage.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 6:01pm

[QUOTE=FREEDGUY] Thanks for the replies to you gentlemen !! Sadly, I'm too lazy to jack with charcoal Cool!! 

Very seldom do I (we) purchase steaks. Over the decades, with gmo feeds, breeding for leaner beef, etc., beef has become bland, imho. We grill a lot of salmon & catfish, and brats or Italian sausage.
[/QUOTE
Thanks Lars for the honest reply, IMO, steaks are overrated in both $$ and flavor/$$ ClapClap
bemer848 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bemer848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 8:13pm
Grilled fish and beer seem to be your favorite.Thumbs Up
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 7:18am
we have a grocery store here that puts on some pretty good sales sometimes...i was able to get steaks BOGO. made the ribeye steaks about $6+ each. i bought alot of them on that sale, made them cheaper than hamburger. anymore...about anything is cheaper than hamburger. and sometimes the same type sale is on pork...that gets bought up alot too. plus for every $50. I spend i get .05 cents off a gallon of gas at a local station. sometimes if we spend $75. in groceries we get .50 cents off a gallon of gas. and we can put the gas tickets together to make .50 cents off a gallon!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 7:06pm
[QUOTE=shameless dude]we have a grocery store here that puts on some pretty good sales sometimes...i was able to get steaks BOGO. made the ribeye steaks about $6+ each. i bought alot of them on that sale, made them cheaper than hamburger. anymore...about anything is cheaper than hamburger. and sometimes the same type sale is on pork...that gets bought up alot too. plus for every $50. I spend i get .05 cents off a gallon of gas at a local station. sometimes if we spend $75. in groceries we get .50 cents off a gallon of gas. and we can put the gas tickets together to make .50 cents off a gallon![/QUOTE
Nothing wrong with steaks, just not our "thing" Big smile
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 10:10pm
YEP... FreeGas is kind of a CHICKIE kind of guy !!  Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 1:00am
We use a Weber charcoal grill and grill everything on it.  I pay $3.25 a pound for all my beef and know where it comes from and how it is raised.  We grill turkeys, chickens, beef, pork and whatever we want.  Have had several gas grills but being a chef, I am partial to charcoal grills.  May change someday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic