This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm just a good ole sucker,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 9:44pm

Hey JC,,the guy I'm doin the work for told me that this engine is susspossed to bolt up to the Hyster bellhousing,,,,? I was just wanting to get a "something" to mount a starter so I can do whats needed to get this engine running.,,,but you got a dang good idea in that I should go take a real close look and get good measurements on the fork lift assembly first.
 Hey Chask,,good to see you back,,Pardner ,,,hopin your ailmants are gettin under control,,,,ClapClap Yeah,Chask,, I had seen that bell housing on ebay but don't think it would fit as the two upper bolt holes appear to be way too close together than this engine,,,
 You know,,Steve,,I called the dude today and suggested maybe it be cheeper to just take the Hyster engine out and throw a cheep overhaul kit at the Hyster engine and KNOW everything would fit. THing is,,he was told this Ford was in good running shape (when parked) and he already paid for this engine,,,bout 5 months ago,,,,???
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:24pm
well, if you get it running and it dont fit the Hyster, you can always buy a 77 Maverick and GET ER DONE !!Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 5:03am
Joe you can start that motor with just that flat plate. I’ve started many that way. Go to the parts store and see what all 2 bolt starters will bolt up the same. You may then find one easier.
I’m using the 300-6 starter on my 351 w.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Joe you can start that motor with just that flat plate. I’ve started many that way. Go to the parts store and see what all 2 bolt starters will bolt up the same. You may then find one easier.
I’m using the 300-6 starter on my 351 w.

Yeah,,Thad,,that's what I'd really like to do to keep the costs down. I really doubt whatever bell housing I get to match this block is gonna bolt up to the Hyster transmission. I'm gonna go to the parts store this Am see if they have a plate that will bolt to the engine just for mounting the starter,,,,maybe I can float a loan from ole Shameless to buy it,,,,,Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 10:32am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 1:52pm
Wink Back at the beginning of this ......Confused, adventure I was thinking Joe ant that big a sucker. But buying pieces just to start this little mechanical wonder...............Confused,maybe O'l Joe can be suckered. When the deep pockets guy LOL thinks this just needs a few bolts moved around,O'l Joe may have to shenanigan Deep Pockets into paying for extras.

I am guessing that the fork truck is still moving so you cannot just get the old bell housing to see for 100% that things fit? Since your in this far I guess you can tell him he needs a new starter for a new engine.LOL 

As good as you are Joe, Wink to fix all this junk with other free junk I need to get you working all my treasures.LOLLOLLOL
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 10:56am
DJ wrote in a different thread he started.... just hooking his new post to his old link.

Well,,I had commented on wantin to help a friend out with his forklift but couldn't find the dang thread,,,so,,,here I go again.
 A good friend has an older  Hyster Model RT100 forklift that he was using to move some old cars and trks around on his yard and the engine finally crapped out. I had done a southern engineerin job on the carburator as it was messing up and we could not locate a kit for it so I made an "adapter" from the Hyster manifold to a Carter I had laying around and it worked great till the engine crapped a couple of weeks ago. The engine in forklift is a 6 cylinder gas Silver Diamond Model GRD214.
 Then he bought what they told him was an Industrial Ford 6 cylinder that would bolt up to the Hyster bellhousing,,SOO I tool that engine home and was gonna get it tuned up and running for him to stick in the forklift. Flash forward,,the engine is out of a dang Ford Pinto or some such and it was locked up and after 2 weeks of the Acetone/Atf,treatment ,it finally broke loose but it has ZERO compression,,,rings prolly stuck really good and since it is NOT an industrial ,,it will not even bolt up to the hyster bellhousing. I convinced him to either overhaul the Hyster engine or find a used replacement somewhere.
 Does anybody here know if any other engines will interchange since the Hyster's are almost non-existing,,,? Prolly parts for his are gonna be even harder to find as well,,,,,,

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic