This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Identify Lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identify Lights
    Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:56am
I picked up these lights a couple weeks ago and need help identifying them and what the fit on.  The middle one and one on the right have orange on the mounting bracket.  Appreciate your assistance.  Thanks, Dave

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 3:51pm
I don't believe any tractor manufacture made their own lights. I have seen many Guide Lite brand lights that look like what you have. I equate that shape light to crawler tractors from the 40's to 50's. But crawlers where more plentiful here than wheel tractors, so my not thing of them on wheel tractors means nothing.   
Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 5:15pm
They look like automotive fog lights from prewar.
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
Leadoff View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 7:05pm
Dave (NE)

The first one on the left sure looks like a D Series fender mount light.  I found the manufacturers name stamped on the light body on the inside near the rivets.......CM Hall.  Very robust design and were also supplied on Massey Combines and early Ford 9n

Very hard to find these days!!!! 
1963 D17D Series III. 1965 D15 Series II. 1965 D17 Series IV. 1975 185. 1978 716H. 1979 716H. 1965 780 Harvester/1R&DC. 1957 Model 73 SC 4 Furrow Plow
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 7:28pm
The middle light looks like a rear work light of some sort.
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
Bill Deppe/AC Salvag View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Deppe/AC Salvag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 8:27pm
Agree, the left lite very much like the early 190's and D17 III and IV.  The middle looks similar to early Case and Oliver tractors.  Not certain about the application for the right unit
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 8:53pm
One on right is a rear work lite from a Case tractor from the early '50's.  i have one identical.  The center one looks like a rear lite from and Oliver. They used those lites with the flat lens.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 2:25pm
Thanks for the responses.  After looking at the light on the left closer and comparing it to a '17 Series IV light I do have, I believe you are correct in saying it is a fender mount light for the III and IV.  I should have noticed that sooner.  Will have to find an early 190 to make a comparison.  As for the other two lights, due to the orange paint, makes sense that they are for an early Case.  Thanks again.  Dave
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:27am
Any idea what the value of the Case/Oliver lights (middle and one on right) would be?  I suspect they would be 6 volt, correct?  Want to make sure before I test them to see if they work.  Thanks, Dave
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 12:16pm
Much safer to test with 6v as if they are and you use 12v they will blow and need a new bulb then.

It has been a while but in the crawler world I think $100 was the asking price for that style.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic