This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Identification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rube Hoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identification
    Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:09pm
I just bought my grandfathers old AC mower.  I am thinking its early 80's, but has been painted and I cant find any S/N on it.  Anyone give me some pointers on where to look.  I will upload a picture of it soon to see if that helps ID.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rube Hoss - 13 Aug 2018 at 4:27pm
Sponsored Links

Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 5:39pm
What brand and hp of engine? 12 hp Kohler? It looks to be a model 712 or 914 by the shape of the hood front. 
I have a 712S and a 914H . 
H is for hydraulic drive transmission and S is for shuttle drive transmission. 
Both have that shape of hood. 
My 914 is a 14hp Kohler.  712 is a 12hp Kohler. HTH.  

Edited by Jim Hancock - 13 Aug 2018 at 5:41pm
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
albrown915 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albrown915 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 7:59pm
700 series and definitely a Kohler air cleaner
albrown915 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albrown915 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 8:04pm
Hydrostatic drive . Air filter cover should have been round and not have the bump out . Possibly been repowered look on the blower housing carb side for an aluminum sticker for engine identification
talntedmrgreen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:26am
Looks like you have a 718H.  They are a tough machine to find, and were only offered for a year or so (1978). The air cleaner was specific to the K361 Kohler.  The rear lift is an option, and a nice one to have.  Cool rig!

Take a read over on SimpletrACtors, where there is a section designated to the 718H brochure.

Patterson B1*B1/B1Forklift*B10*BigTen/B1Loader*B110*B208*B206*616*Homelite T16H/T8/T7/RM7E*Landlord/Loader/Trencher*Broadmoor717*Serf525*2110*7790*Legacy XL*Twin 20*Squire9*Squire6*JCPenny 494
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic