This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas Wanted
    Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 7:56am
Our NE TX, NW LA Tractor Pulling Club has asked me to design a pair of universal, Fit any tractor, devices that would indicate when a pulling tractor does a wheelie where the front tire or tires exceeds 16" of daylight between the bottom of the tire and the track. Exceeding 16" would result in a automatic trip to the Dairy Queen.
Having never seen such a safety device on any tractor I have no clue where to begin such a device.
This is another EDGETA insurance tractor pulling safety rule where the person making the rule probably never saw the device the rule requires. I will look up the wording of the rule and post here.
In the mean time I need a few ingenious ideas on designing such a device that would indicate, obviously to the flagman, when a front tire in a wheelie situation exceeds 16" of daylight above the track.
I see the biggest problem is attaching the device equally to any make or style or weight class tractor hooked to the sled.
Your thoughts would be appreciated. The next EDGETA pull is this week Friday.
Sponsored Links

Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 8:13am
I've seen clubs where pullers are required to have a chain hanging (Small or dog chain)  and when it comes off the ground, you are done
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 8:24am
EDGETA Tractor Pulling mandatory safety rule #23.Front of tractor not to exceed 16" off the ground. A chain device must be used to determine height, DEVICE TO BE FURNISHED BY SLED OPORATOR.
Rule 24 If wheelie bars are used ,chain device not needed.
Rule 25   Wheelie bars are not Mandatory.
I made a chain device for my SFW CA using a 16" light chain. A 30 inch piece of 1"x 1/8 steel flat bar and a big speaker magnet. Don't know if will fit every tractor. Not sure what the magnet will do to a nice paint job . Keeping from running over the dragging chain with a narrow front or a SFW is another problem.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 10:06am
Rules #26...Wheelie bars MANDATORY and must support the weight of the tractor when weighted to it's heaviest class.
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 5:10pm
Made ours up lik this bought a big recovery magnet from tractor supply plastic coted so no scratch then attached 6 feet of tlght chain to it on the bottom of the magnet there is a carabiner the end 16 inches or the chain is painted foresent orange leave all 16 inchec on the ground adjusting the chain with the caribiner for hieght as the tractor is moving the chain is draging as the front comes up the flagman watches the chain when the last link breaks ground pulls done       BUT BETTER YET. MANDITORY WHELLIE BARS the guy how refuses to put them on didnt want to pull very bad anyway
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
2wise4agm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 7:11pm
I used to see the chain and magnet around from time to time, but now it seems that they just enforce the wheelie bar rule more.
Jasonillinois View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonillinois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:36pm
I have seen and used what amounts to a jack stand with a pad on the bottom that Slides into the drawbar and then uses a hitch pin. Hook goes into the Clevis on the stand. They had 3 different heights of stands. Seemed to work pretty good. No idea if this would work as tip overs or not for your insurance.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 3:27pm
I don't see how you can make one to attach to all tractors and it work the way it's supposed to without tire size being mandated.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic