This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas for tool storage on a tractor?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Murph-NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 7:55pm
Yeah, won't be needing to do that til I get a chance to restore my #3 mower.  At my current pace, that may have to wait til my kids are grown in a dozen or so years. Until then, I'll have a nice place to store all my pins and such.
'41 C w/Woods L503 mower, #3 mower, 2-way plows for C
Sponsored Links

allismanamp View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allismanamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 8:57pm
i think that someone with the right tools could fab up a nice foot step plus tool box that was all in one and able to be fastened to preexisting holes on the tractor platforms already i seen some homeade steps that were nice and low and had plenty of material on the back side to attach a box or make the bottom step the box and have it hinge open like a 18" by 6" box slash step for a CA Allis but i will say the nicest boxes are the one made out of the seats for a b, and c, seats they hold a lot although i have bad memories of fingers getting slammed in the seat when rounding wrenches up not paying attention Angry dad had that early b that had a big steel seat with a box under it it had arm rests and looked factory with all the spot welds and machine brakes in it sat up about 4 inches higher as well. have not seen a similar seat since any one seen one like this??????????
~AMP~
D17 owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17 owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:11pm
The one on my 17 is big enough for me the all three tractors are just factory ones. We don't run any JD stuff so I gess we dont need much for tools on board Thumbs Up! On a side note I built a tool box on my wood hauler for the saw, gas, oil and box I have for the chain saw parts, like files weges and hammer. The bottom has a crusher screen in it so if the oil or gas spills it dont make a mess.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:53am
the second step up on my 7080 has the tool box mounted as part of the step, the lid/step opens upward. almost looks factory, maybe they were offered that way new??? it's deep, but doesn't hamper stepping up into the ab!
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:50pm
Dad always had mounted tool boxes on main tractors' frame rails. Bracket bolted to frame rails. Toolbox could be removed by pulling single pin. Easier than running back to tractor when working on whatever was in tow. Tools were for implement repairs as tractors were mostly AC but equipment mostly off color.
You can see the toolbox bracket bolted to the frame in between the tank heater and the grease gun rack(holds 3 guns).

"THE CAT" with her tool box still mounted to her side. Still full of rivets,knife sections,rivet tool,guards from her days mowing hay. Dad mowed all the hay-we baled 25,000 bales a year to fill our barn for the dairy herd.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
Geppy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:55pm
Great topic, gave me some good ideas for tools on my WD. I was just thinking about this yesterday!!!

Thanks
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:36pm
Not a great picture, but check out the mailbox toolbox on this WC i just picked up! Thought about this post, funny its around again!! Guess you could say, this WC is so fast it can carry the mail! lol I kinda like it though, big toolbox.

Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:05pm
Don, it looks like the Old Girl has to pull the young chick around.LOL
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:11pm
Ah charlie, shes just 'showin her the ropes' around her new playground! lol
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic