Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I think we are in for a very bumpy ride

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Clinton, Pa
Points: 19114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I think we are in for a very bumpy ride
    Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 7:01am
There are two camps in this country that the threat thereof could, in my opinion, actually could cause a second revolution. One is the right to freely keep and bear arms, the other is the right to life.


One has, since 1973, been denied millions in this country, and is possibly about to be reinstated! One would think that every American would join me in rejoicing in even the possibility of this happening. But I fear that is not the case. We are on the verge in this country of being granted a second chance from our Creator, events are lining up to reverse Roe v Wade! A chance to reverse the practice of butchering and murdering unborn, defenseless (and they do often try to defend themselves! if you have ever seen the videos of babies in the womb being aborted and saw the babies reacting to the instruments of death, you will never forget it) babies.


President Trump must pick a replacement for the retiring Justice Kennedy for the Supreme Court. Mr Trump in all likelyhood, will pick a conservatitave judge, which will shift the long standing liberal tendancies of judicial legislating to a more conservatitace, and proper review and judgement of cases brought to it based on it's merits as born out in the US Constitution, English law, and supporting documents (Federalist Papers, etc), and natural law. As was intended by our founding fathers. This, in turn could open up the possibility of one, or more, legal actions limiting, or banning abortion currently (or future) being heard in states throught this country winding up in the Supreme Court.


Should this all happen, and the Roe v Wade decision is severely limited, or, reversed, as it should be, there will be many of us bowing our heads and thanking God Almighty for this second chance given this country. But there will be a significant part of this country that will be incensed! You remember the freak show in Washington when President Trump won the election? the 'pussy' hats? well, you aint seen nothing yet! Not only will the belief system of the alt left be threatened, their power structure threatened, but the livelyhood of thousands of abortion providers, and spinoff industries of selling baby body parts, etc become illegal. This is a MegaMillion dollar industry, it's not going away with out a major fight, and one of it's weapons will be stirring up the loonie fringe, just like we saw after the election. Just like we have seen with OWS, BLM, etc.


Fasten your seatbelts folks, I think the next few years are going to be mighty rough in this country! The entities of evil that seek illicit wealth, power, and control will not stand idly by while we Americans defend our God given rights of life, and to bear arms.

Edited by LouSWPA - 09 Jul 2018 at 7:08am
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Louisiana
Points: 21772
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 7:36am
LouSWPA

Fasten your seatbelts folks, I think the next few years are going to be mighty rough in this country! The entities of evil that seek illicit wealth, power, and control will not stand idly by while we Americans defend our God given rights of life, and to bear arms

I'm afraid your correct Lou. There is too much money and power to loose. They will not give up easily. In fact, I'm of the opinion, should President Trump nominate Mr. Garland, the dems would refuse to back him because President Trump nominated him.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Back to Top
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Ambridge PA
Points: 2924
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:40am
I think that even if Trump nominated Barack Obama (heaven forbid, but...) that even he would be rejected purely on the fact that Trump nominated him.  
Back to Top
Hockeygoon View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2016
Location: Manhattan, KS
Points: 1210
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hockeygoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:03pm
Reversing Roe V Wade will not make abortion illegal.  But it will allow states to make the decision about abortion at the state level.  

In Kansas liberal STATE judges claimed abortion was a "right" as long as the umbilical cord was still attached.  Even liberal states like New York the "right" to an abortion was limited to the first two trimesters with only the mother's LIFE being endangered (note not "health") would an abortion be allowed in the third trimester.   


Back to Top
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Greensville,Ont
Points: 12625
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:12pm
re: reversing Roe v Wade.
So, if I read this right...any gal in any state banning abortion would only have to cross the state line into a state that allows abortions?  I'll also assume that those states against abortions would also NOT ALLOW birth control pills and other methods to be sold/distributed within the state ?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Back to Top
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Points: 6706
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

re: reversing Roe v Wade.
So, if I read this right...any gal in any state banning abortion would only have to cross the state line into a state that allows abortions?  I'll also assume that those states against abortions would also NOT ALLOW birth control pills and other methods to be sold/distributed within the state ?
Huh???Wacko
 
You can't be serious, but then why make the point?  You assume preventing conception is the same as killing a baby?  And therefore conversely that killing a baby is just birth control?   Do you assume they will police the bedroom to be sure you don't pull out?  Will they police marriages through the church that wives must not say no, or practice abstinence in any way or any particular time of the month to at least reduce the chance??


Edited by Tbone95 - 09 Jul 2018 at 2:40pm
Back to Top
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Clinton, Pa
Points: 19114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Hockeygoon Hockeygoon wrote:

Reversing Roe V Wade will not make abortion illegal.  But it will allow states to make the decision about abortion at the state level.  

In Kansas liberal STATE judges claimed abortion was a "right" as long as the umbilical cord was still attached.  Even liberal states like New York the "right" to an abortion was limited to the first two trimesters with only the mother's LIFE being endangered (note not "health") would an abortion be allowed in the third trimester.   





HG, your point is valid, and I may be getting way ahead of things, because, as I said, this is going to be an uphill battle all the way, but reversing Roe v Wade could be the first step. and, again, I grant you a very big step. Federal law then could be enacted to ensure the right to life in every state, as I believe the phrase, 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' is pretty much valid in all 50 states, but, again that would be a very tough battle!


However, IF this would be to happen, this would be the best time we have seen in 45 years. Polls indicate that support for abortion is waning some, a conservative ( I say conservative, but an ideal bench would be Constitutional, not liberal, or conservative) bench in place.


actually, thinking this over a bit, after the reversal of Roe v Wade, I not sure new legislation would be required, I think, perhaps all that would be required would be a suit filed in a state court against abortion based on the guarded God given rights granted to every citizen in the US that would filter it's way up to the SC. Of course, by that means we would again see all the medical legal battles of when life begins, etc. Maybe someone will come to their senses and declare since we cannot agree on when life begins we must assume it begins at birth!

Edited by LouSWPA - 09 Jul 2018 at 3:17pm
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Back to Top
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Afton MN
Points: 38912
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:28pm
Seems the delema is withinthe Liberals as they say guns must be restricted andthe right to own any and all firearms needs strict control - if it just saves 1 life then it's a valid restriction . 
 Yet the same group say denying any and all women the right to control their body and abort or deny birth is their right as it's a product of their being to control. 
 Seems i have a lady going with youngest son that says that - had permit to carry - but says a woman's right to abortion is a prominent right. Ah yes and the US needs to open borders also as these poor defenseless illegals have every right to be in the US 
 When your a liberal them hamsters in the cage of your mind must either be dead or running at 1,000 MPH on that wheel 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
Back to Top
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: illinois
Points: 46633
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:35pm
Lou, I agree with you that the battle is coming... but I also believe that the 2nd amendment will NEVER be removed and that Roe vs Wade will NEVER be repealed.  The odds are just too great in both instances.
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Back to Top
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Points: 6706
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:22pm
^^^
Yes, x2.
Back to Top
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Gambrills, MD
Points: 33343
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:28pm
first the right case has to come up.  One that the members of the SC agree to take. putting a new SC justice in, that is conservative, does not guarantee that that will happen...
Back to Top
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Clinton, Pa
Points: 19114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

first the right case has to come up.  One that the members of the SC agree to take. putting a new SC justice in, that is conservative, does not guarantee that that will happen...


You are correct! like I said, I am probably getting way ahead of it!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Back to Top
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Clinton, Pa
Points: 19114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:


Lou, I agree with you that the battle is coming... but I also believe that the 2nd amendment will NEVER be removed and that Roe vs Wade will NEVER be repealed.  The odds are just too great in both instances.



Well, I am not as optimistic as you on the 2nd. As for the right to life, agreed, we are still a long way off, but closer than we have been in 45 years!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Back to Top
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Ambridge PA
Points: 2924
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:19pm
Lou, I tend to agree with Steve here, but only for one reason.  Remember that after all the other approvals by congress,  etc. the last step in the process for changing the 2nd involves ratification by 2/3 of the states.  Since there are more red states than blue states, I don't see that happening.  I DO think that this is the ONLY thing preventing this from happening.
Back to Top
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Clinton, Pa
Points: 19114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 7:29pm
Guys, that's if they take the direct approach! what they can and have been doing is nullifying it with ever more restricting state and local laws. As it is right now, there is a lot of America that that right is completely nonexistent. Doesn't matter how it's done, it's the same result. New York, Maryland, Va, California, almost impossible to get carry permits. Lots of major cities. Lots of Federal properties, airports, shucks, I cant even go into a Federal Express to pick up a package while carrying! Yeh, they will just keep chipping away until we will have the right to bear arms, except we just can't legally exercise that right. they will pass legislation that it must be kept in a lock box in the home, separate from ammunition
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Back to Top
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: illinois
Points: 46633
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:02pm
well your right about that  Lou........... take the state I live in Illinois ( PLEASE !!)... For the better part of my life we have had a FOID card... This is a card GRANTED to you by the State , AFTER a background check is done by the State Police.. That card gives you PERMISSION to buy a gun and  /  or shells in this state.. NO FOID, no ammo at Wat Mart.. PERIOD...... Never was such a thing as Conceal Carry.. That was a NO- NO... FED forced the State to change and now you need PERMISSION to CC.. You need a 2-3 day course and pay about $200. for your PERMISSION.  .... and CHITCAGO has a VERY RESTRICTIVE gun purchase permit........ I think there are 4 million people in chitcago and they have permits to maybe 1000 people to own a gun ( NOT CC). .......... and we know how that worked out !
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Back to Top
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Points: 6706
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

re: reversing Roe v Wade.
So, if I read this right...any gal in any state banning abortion would only have to cross the state line into a state that allows abortions?  I'll also assume that those states against abortions would also NOT ALLOW birth control pills and other methods to be sold/distributed within the state ?
Huh???Wacko
 
You can't be serious, but then why make the point?  You assume preventing conception is the same as killing a baby?  And therefore conversely that killing a baby is just birth control?   Do you assume they will police the bedroom to be sure you don't pull out?  Will they police marriages through the church that wives must not say no, or practice abstinence in any way or any particular time of the month to at least reduce the chance??
No comment.  Hmmm.....
Back to Top
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Greensville,Ont
Points: 12625
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:20pm
If you consider that the reason for sex is to have children , then the slippery slope of illogic is that if a state can  abortions, then  they also could ban anything that would reduce the chance of a baby being born. Obviously pills and such directly reduce a baby being conceived and then born. Sadly abortion as a form of birth control is done daily  and has been done for hundreds of years.
There are of course several religions that have very strict rules about what a wife can and cannot do. Up here we've had a LOT of girls being killed by their fathers or male relatives as well as mutilations....
As for Roe V. Wade, it's unlikely to get reversed, one of them 'Genies out of the bottle, ship has sailed' things and of course there's a huge amount of money that gets made... it'd be interesting to see if MEN were the ones who got pregant, what would the laws be.......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Back to Top
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Points: 6706
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:29pm

 

Ah, the sarcasm of what they "could do". 

 
I'm here to tell you, I've been married a very long time, and I have had sex with my wife 100's of times with no intent to have children. 
 
The Muslim honor killings and mutilations.....ugh......if I could only be in charge of the punishment to those "fathers".  I do pray our countries don't fall to those.
 
Back to Top
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Clinton, Pa
Points: 19114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 4:16pm
Jay,
I can defend right to life without a religious argument. From seventh grade biology I was told that a zygote was life. all (for all intents and purposes) of academia agreed it is life then, fifty years ago. It is a separate growth within the woman, that, without fertilization by the father would never have existed, and, if allowed, will grow to be a complete third human. A mere tissue mass does not meet these parameters, so it must be something more! And, if it is life, by the Constitution, it has a right to life! The hair splitting that started primarily as a result of Roe v Wade, as to when life begins can only have one answer, all the rest is academic futility! life begins when the egg is fertilized and begins splitting. No other argument on the beginning of life can be defended.

I can and will also defend it on Biblical grounds, but it is not necessary!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Back to Top
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Location: Назарово,Russia
Points: 26056
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:14pm
separate dna = separate person
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
Back to Top
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Greensville,Ont
Points: 12625
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:21pm
Hay Lou

yeah, zygote.. I remember spelling that wrong on a biology test(zygoat), yeesh that was more than 1/2 century ago....
I still think  there's a lot of money,power and control involved ,on both sides, just a shame we all can't get along...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Back to Top
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Gambrills, MD
Points: 33343
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Hay Lou

yeah, zygote.. I remember spelling that wrong on a biology test(zygoat), yeesh that was more than 1/2 century ago....
I still think  there's a lot of money,power and control involved ,on both sides, just a shame we all can't get along...

Zygoat, sounds like something in the klintoon family...Wink
Back to Top
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Clinton, Pa
Points: 19114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Hay Lou

yeah, zygote.. I remember spelling that wrong on a biology test(zygoat), yeesh that was more than 1/2 century ago....
I still think  there's a lot of money,power and control involved ,on both sides, just a shame we all can't get along...


Oh, I don't disagree with you one bit on the money, and I also agree that turning Roe v Wade is a long shot, but one I think we must make for the sake of civility and morality, if for no other reason. do we really want to be the leading country that murders it's own children? I find it curious that so many are concerned about the children at the border, but will adamantly support abortion

Zygote....ya, I tried three times to spell it here and finally let spell check do it, even though I was sure it was wrong!


Getting along, trouble with the written word is so much is lost w/o the inflections of speech. Please don't take offense with anything I have said, none, and I assure you, none was intended. Just offering things as I see them sometimes right, sometimes wrong, having a friendly conversation
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Back to Top
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2012
Location: Cadillac, Mi.
Points: 4085
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 7:50pm
Lonn,  I agree and I will raise you one,
 
separate dna = separate person plus
separate heartbeat = separate person 
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Back to Top
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Location: Назарово,Russia
Points: 26056
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:14am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Hay Lou

yeah, zygote.. I remember spelling that wrong on a biology test(zygoat), yeesh that was more than 1/2 century ago....
I still think  there's a lot of money,power and control involved ,on both sides, just a shame we all can't get along...
Don't go along just to get along. Too much of that going on now.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
Back to Top
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Points: 6706
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:50am
We all draw our lines in the sand on birth control.  Religion plays a huge part in where that line is drawn.  I would be proud to live in a country/state that acknowledged abortion was the murder of a human, a defenseless baby at that and outlawed it.  I would consider it ridiculous to live in a country that banned all forms of contraception by following the "same" logic.  It is not the same logic.  As Lou pointed out, you can defend right to life WITHOUT religion.  Dotting all I's and crossing all T's about contraception without inserting a religious belief would be next to impossible I would think.  Preventing fertilization is not the same thing as killing a baby IN MY BOOK. 
 
So I really wonder where you were coming from in that original statement....
Back to Top
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Location: Назарово,Russia
Points: 26056
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:47am
Jay, I take it, is for abortions.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
Back to Top
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Points: 6706
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:46am
Kind of seems that way. . . . He did say "sadly".  I'm a little confused.

Edited by Tbone95 - 11 Jul 2018 at 8:48am
Back to Top
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: wisconsin
Points: 27619
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:30am
Now I'm some con-foozed Confused... too.
 Jay says, "Sadly abortion as a form of birth control is done daily  and has been done for hundreds of years."  It appears to me he is sad  that abortions are done daily as a form of birth control... and that he doesn't like it happening
 Wait... are you guys just trying to get a re-action from Jay? 
"it'd be interesting to see if MEN were the ones who got pregant, what would the laws be...." Just seen a clip where they were showing emojis of bearded men pregnant... Whats this whacked out world coming too???Wacko
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.


Help Support the
Unofficial Allis Forum