This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I must be holding my mouthjust right,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I must be holding my mouthjust right,,,,,,
    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:50pm

My True story for the week,,,,,
 A friend of mine, who use to be Jon's FIL had bought a brand new Polaris Magnum 330 4X4 in 2004 when he finally drew out a Bull Elk permit in the fall of 2004. It was the best ATV they had at the Polaris dealer with the full Camo paint job, both front and rear decks, an authenic Polaris Gun Scabbard and the optional oil cooler. It has long reach McPhearson Struts in front and rear.
He used it for two years and for some reason parked it behind the shed, covered it with a plastic tarp and left it parked for 14 years,,,??? He has two sons that both hunt but who knows,,?? I had asked him several times if for sale and he told me he was gonna leave it to the boys. Last time I asked him was bout 3 months ago and answer was still NO!
 Last Wednesday morning, he called me and asked if I was still interested and I told him YES but depended on his price and whether engine may be stuck after sitting for all this time. He told me he was gonna SELL IT TODAY,,and did I want it and named a price I just could not believe. I told him for that price, I would take a chance engine was not stuck and since it was Joyce's day at Dialysis,,,I would be there in two hours. He said he would wait 2 hours and no longer.
 After leaving her at the clinic, I hauled azz over there with the trailer still thinking he was just pulling my leg,,,!!! He comes out waving the title and i handed him the money and he tells me "I will even help you load it" I am in some shock but ,,he named the price,,he did,,!!
 I take it home and within two hours, I cleaned the carb, and the friggin ignition switch is froze up so I mess with it for another couple of hours and finally get it to turn,,,,After a prayer or two I hit the choke and it starts and it runs but a little ragged. I pulled the carb, cleaned and  Reset the carb and it starts just as fast as you let go of the key,,!!
 The tires are the original ones and altho not weather rotted,, do hold air but two of them have slow leaks. Bought a gallon of Slime and gonna slime all 4 tires to be sure. I ordered an new ignition switch and keys plus a new drive belt.
 I am just stoked with this opportunity,,,I been Thanking the Good Lord for what HE sent my way,,,,,,,Clap DANG IT,,I'm gonna have to get my IPhone squared away so I can upload pics so I can post em.
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 3:41am
Good deal Joe. Glad it finally worked out for you. Now you have a 2 year old, 16 year old machine. Still praying for your wife. Hope all is going well with her.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:04am
Wonder what the boys did to piss ole dad off?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:18am
Summer of 2000, I was out to buy an ATV. Wanted something easy to drive for my young niece and my mother. To the dismay of a couple of coworkers who told me to run away from Polaris, I bought a Sportsman 335. Have used the snot out of that thing, and still have it and runs great. I'll have to check the hours....it's a LOT of 'em. Just tended fences with it last night.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:56am
Been looking for such a deal to slide my way FOR FOREVER!!!  Managed to buy a $300 running Kawasaki Bayou a few years ago but is a Single person MINIMAL Gear hauler.  All the broke down basically parts machine ATVs and Side by Sides here are listed at near to original cost prices, way too expensive for my wallet.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 8:29am
You lucky dog, you! Glad it worked out great for you. I have been looking for years for a good deal like that. Like Tyler said - wonder what the boys did to piss dad off like that?  And from wanting to sell it that quick sounds like he was really PO 'ed. Still praying for you and your bride.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:11am
Joe, you sure are good at falling into it, good deals that is! LOL
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:24am
Awesome ! Congrats! I have never had a four wheeler of any type. The side by side units would be nice.
Regards,
 CHris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:40am

"" Now you have a 2 year old, 16 year old machine. ""

Jeeeze, Bob,,if you was trying to make me feel bad bout lucking on to a 16 year old machine,,,,,it didn't work,,,,LOLClapClapClap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:54am

Yeah, Guys,,I had been bugging this guy for the longest as I figured it would be a good machine,,,BUT,,,what I had originally intended was to pull the running gear and put in my Kawasaki Mule project to have a 4X4 mule,,,but after checking this one out closer,,I think I'm gonna stick with this one as is and just sell the Mule.
 I'm also been trying to figure WHAT brought on the sudden change of heart,,,who knows what happens behind them closed doors over yonder,,,,,,
 I gots a trailer full of parts scattered all over but slowly cleaning and painting as I go to re-assemble but the dang ignition switch was susspossed to be here today and holding me up.
 OH,,,,and I pullerd a Shameless and went on the cheap with the speedometer, the small square section for the Engine Management screen was weathered plastic and you could barely see the lights,,you just couldn't tell which was which. Anyway I took it apart to replace the plexiglass,,fixin to check and see if the lights still work before I get a new screen made,,,,,,If not,,then I guess its a new one for #68. I just KNOW ole Shameless will be proud of me if it works out,,,,,,,LOLLOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 1:48pm
Jep, Ol Joe don't have to watch out for no cow pies. LOL Wink

Now who ya gonna skin with the Mule? Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 5:40pm
Whoever said they wished they could fall into a deal like Joe ? Joe didn't fall into that deal, he's been working on it for years and deserves the payoff. You got to put yourself in the right place at the right time. I always say actions create results.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:39pm
Corngrats on the deal. Don't be surprised if the slime doesn't work. I have scooped gallons of that stuff outta 4 wheeler tires. Wishing you a lot of good luck and hoping you have a lot of fun with it. Heck we'll all be proud/ jealous of you if it works out.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 08 Jul 2020 at 6:42pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:12pm
yeah....i'm proud of ya...and maybe a bit yellous! maybe i should approch you like that with the Chevy/Allis? (poke, poke)
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 10:18pm
Quit waist'n yur time wid da slime
go gets some inner tubes  instead
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

yeah....i'm proud of ya...and maybe a bit yellous! maybe i should approch you like that with the Chevy/Allis? (poke, poke)

UMMmmmmm,,,,UMMmmmmmm,,,somehow I kinda felt you was gonna bring that up,,,you knowin what a sweet spot I gots for that machine,,,,and,,,,and,,,now I am wantin to feel a little guilty cause I stol,,,, er,,,,, bought this machine,,,,,,well Chit that sad feelin just flew plumb away,,,there I'm feelin much better now,,,,,,LOLLOL
 WAIT A Minute,,,,,I thought you was gonna deliver the Chevy Allis 3-4 years ago when you also delivered ole Thad's Jeepster,,,,Huh,,,HUH,,,??
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

Quit waist'n yur time wid da slime
go gets some inner tubes  instead

Well,,I thought bout just that,,JC,, while these tires did not have but two years of actual use,,one of the fronts has bout 6 plugs and the other has 5 plugs and one of the rears has 5 plugs as well. They must of been doing lots of off road riding cross country in the low lands which is a BIG NO-NO on BLM lands.  Some of that country is almost solid cactus country,,,!!  I do not plan any of that Chit, so maybe pullin all them plugs and put some hvy Duty tubes and prolly be good to go then,,,??
Thanks to you too, Tom,,
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 10:55pm
Don't waste your time with tubes. Tires that old are just waiting to let you down. It's always a long walk back. The old magnum 500 was the best fencing rig we had at the farm. When the tires got 7 years old they still looked great but after plugging them a few times. You just couldn't count on it getting you back. Talked the boss into all new rubber. It was much Cheeper than a new machine. The new one he bought to replace it we broke the frame. And replaced it with another new this year the old magnum is still going. We've got 5 years out of the new tires without any flats.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:19am
Joe, I thought it was more a compliment, not a guilt trip.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:47am

I KNOW it Bob,,,just pullin your leg,,,,,,LOLLOLLOL

SAY,,,!!!  I got another one for  the group,,,the both decks on the Polaris are black plastic or rather fiberglass and I guess since the ATV was in the sun for so long the decks are "shedding" the particles of FG and I am very allergic to the dang FG and the bottom of my arms have been itching like Crazy,,,,!!
Anybody know of something to paint on the decks to cover that chit,,??
 One of the guys on a Polaris Forum suggested some of that black stuff that that Phil guy on TV sells,,(can't think of the name)
One other thing,,,,The ATV came with an authenic Polaris gun scabbard and mount and I am not gonna use it and if anybody here is interested in it PM me see if we can find it a new home.Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:03am
Flex Seal
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 12:42pm

Yeah,,Chask,,Flex seal,,you ever use any of the paint on stuff on plastics-fiberglass,,??Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 1:01pm
Not on plastics, but it did seal up seal up a leaky pain in the Censored to get at metal drain connection for over a year now. The stuff I got in a pint can would paint nicely for ya with a brush.  HTH

Edited by chaskaduo - 09 Jul 2020 at 1:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic