This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I hope it gets better!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hope it gets better!
    Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 3:07pm
My knee that is.  At work yesterday morning, I was on my knees pulling up some laminate wood flooring when all at once my left knee started to bark!  Felt like I knelt down on a drywall nail, if anyone has ever done that. Started to swell as well, not really much or any color change to black & blue. Just stiff and sore, swelling is there, sore as all get out, just below my knee cap, and down both sides of the bone running down my leg.

Been leg up today, ice on, ice off, ibprofin SP? every 4-5 hour.

Hope tomorrow is better, for I am not one to go the Doc., 
Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 4:24pm
That doctor only had to stick me with that needle once to get my attention. "Buy some good knee pads and use them ".Been 15 years ago and wish I knew 15 years before that.I will not , probably can't kneel without them. Hope yours feel better soon.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 4:52pm
I had a similar problem when I was still playing baseball. I was a catcher and I went from my crouch to my knees and something popped and, like you said, felt like a nail. Turns out it was a pulled muscle
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Dave in PA Dave in PA wrote:

My knee that is.  At work yesterday morning, I was on my knees pulling up some laminate wood flooring when all at once my left knee started to bark!  Felt like I knelt down on a drywall nail, if anyone has ever done that. Started to swell as well, not really much or any color change to black & blue. Just stiff and sore, swelling is there, sore as all get out, just below my knee cap, and down both sides of the bone running down my leg.

Been leg up today, ice on, ice off, ibprofin SP? every 4-5 hour.

Hope tomorrow is better, for I am not one to go the Doc., 

I hear nike is running a special on knee pads...Wink
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

I hear nike is running a special on knee pads...Wink

That's a good one. LOL
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:38pm
Pat, what brand of knee pads do you use? Every pair I have tried irritate the backside of my knees if I wear them long, especially if I am wearing shorts.

Edited by Hubert (Ga)engine7 - 15 Sep 2018 at 8:38pm
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:51pm
Macgregor I think is the brand name. Menards carries them.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 12:54pm
Thanks, Pat. We don't have a Menards anywhere around here but I will see if I can find them elsewhere.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 1:22pm
Nike is all sold out to the kneelers on the NFL.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 3:51pm
Hubert (Ga)engine7  I find  McGuire-Nicholas®  as one of the brands our Menards carries.    HTH
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:56pm
hope you feel better fast Dave!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 7:31am
Pat, are the ones you get on here?
https://www.menards.com/main/search.html?search=knee+pads&brandName_facet=McGuire-Nicholas&ipp=36

Wish I had known what finishing cement all these years was going to do to my knees!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 3:53pm
Well I went to the doctor today, good news and bad!   As far as now, I don't have a tear or any other similar issue.  I have a severe inter knee infection.  The bursae sp? sack is filled with fluid, and extremely infected.  So I am off work for at least a week, got to call the doc Friday with a update, then he MAY try to drain it,  brace on the leg, ice as often as possible that I can stand, with-out freezing the outer tissues.
With the antibiotic he give my, he said that I need to eat yogurt it you DON"T you will be in some serious trouble.    I hate that stuff!!! The antibiotic kills everything in the system, good and bad.

So then I asked, how bad is it, he stated, Do you like your foot?  The infection is headed that way!!!!  I think I got the point!!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:20pm
Take care of yourself and choke Sick that yogurt down, you might get to liking it. Thumbs Up I like a doctor that explains things in simple terms. Listen to him and get rid of that infection.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:37pm
I agree, and the Doc did that for me, in MY language, not Doctor talk!

But the funniest part of the visit was when a young girl, about 25 , came in the room to fit me with the leg brace thing.  NOW for the record, I was fully clothed, with shorts on!!!!

When fitting the leg brace, her hand slipped and came very close to the boys, I said, no worry, them old things are not for you!!  She must of laughed for 10 minutes!! Made my day!  PS she was cute.

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 8:58pm
 Dave, Dave, Dave,,,,,,,,you,,,,you my kind of guy,,,,,UMMmmmm,,,you ain't thinkin the slip may of been intentional,,,??LOL 
  Hopin you get better soon,,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:46am
if you gits any knee pads, just remember that any of them that have the hard plastic on the outside gits real slippery when you are trying to do things either pushing or pulling
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 10:06am
 Hey Dave,,,how is your knee comin along,,?? I was thinkin it bout time for you to go for a follow up check up with thet pretty nurse,,,,,,Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:38pm
I went back for a follow up visit today.  Still about the same, lots of infection, sore, and swelling.  Still to mush swelling to be able to drain as the Doc said.  I go back on Tuesday, then see what happens. He said that if I get a fever, head for the ER!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 11:54pm
my knees were making snapping sounds last year, and after losing a lot of weight they have stopped doing that.
Fat albert View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 9:57am
Keep us posted Dave. I have an appointment this Thursday for a nearly identical problem called them two weeks ago and that was the earliest they could get me in.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Fat albert Fat albert wrote:

Keep us posted Dave. I have an appointment this Thursday for a nearly identical problem called them two weeks ago and that was the earliest they could get me in.

If your is like mine, it is painful to put down, keep it elevated and ice it often!  Mine in like a baseball cut in half and you glued on my leg just below the knee cap.

Dave
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 3:24pm
Update on my knee. 
I am still off of work, went to the doc last Tuesday, still infection in there, but he drained it to get a culture for testing.  WORST pain that I have ever had!!!!! Then the doc proceeded to squeeze it like a big old pimple. My wife thought I was going to pass out.

Still no better on the size of the lump on my leg, the pain is better, about half of what is was,  but still more than I would like to see.  Go back on Tuesday for another look by the doc.  Sure hope it does better soon, for he stated the next thing to do is about a 2 day stay at the local hospital for the IV port thing. Sure don't want that!!

Edited by Dave in PA - 30 Sep 2018 at 3:25pm
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 3:55pm
Glad to hear the pain has let up some, hopefully the rest will come along quicker. I saw my dad go through a month of laid up pain, then another 2-3 weeks of hobbling back to a normal walk. Wouldn't wish it on anybody. Hang in there.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:39pm
Dave...they make good tasting yogurt nowadays! I always hated it too, but now I buys it often. I like the "great value" brand with blueberries. and they makes flavored yogurt ice cream too! called "frozen yogurt". that's mighty tasty stuff! it'll clean yer pipes out too...that's a good thing!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:54pm
Shameless beat me to it by 8 minutes, I was going to suggest fruit flavored yogurt, or just mix some fruit into plain yogurt.  I'm wondering if you didn't already have that problem in your knee but it didn't show up until you put a strain on it.  Hope you don't have to go to the hospital, food probably isn't as good as at home.  Heal quick!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 7:23am
UPDATE!!!

Dave's knee was not responding to the antibiotics so yesterday the doctor admitted him to the hospital.  This morning he is undergoing surgery to clean out the infection and see what else may be the problem.  I'll update you later whenever I find out more.

Ray
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 10:00am
 OH GOSH,,,Ray,,,Well,,tell ole Dave we're all pullin for him and will continue to pray for his recovery. Please keep us posted.Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:35pm
shucks...I gots one of them big ole syringes we used on the cows and hogs, we could have sucked that stuff out prolly cheaper!
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:16am
Just got an update on Dave.  They operated yesterday to clean out his knee, then kept him overnight for observation.  He is supposed to come home today.  Don't know any more yet.  I'm sure when he gets home he'll be on here with more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic