This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I don't know bout Ya'll,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I don't know bout Ya'll,,,,,
    Posted: 25 May 2020 at 2:41am

BUT,,I am ready for a barber,,,!!!!  I never made much of a hippy type of fellar cause I hate my hair gettin long around my ears,,,and it long now,,!!!!! I hate it when it gets so long that it starts curling up,,,,,!!!  UGHHhhhh
 Our demo type Guvnor is one that wants to try to hurt President Trump by keeping all the business closed and people locked up in their houses,,,I do not understand alowin the walmarts and big box stores to open ,,,which see a heck of a lot more people goin in and out than a barber shop that only sees maybe 3 people at the most,,,,,????
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:39am
My hair done gave up on the barber, a coupla years ago!  I gots me one a those hair clipper kits, from HF, fer less than the cost of a haircut, so now I DIY...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 6:18am
Joe,
 I understand.
I am just letting mine grow. Hair is not as long as the early 70's but my beard is starting to curl. Longest I have ever let it grow. Not sure how long I may let them go? I do cut my own hair so the barber chair is always open.
Good luck with your locks!:)
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 6:19am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

BUT,,I am ready for a barber,,,!!!!  I never made much of a hippy type of fellar cause I hate my hair gettin long around my ears,,,and it long now,,!!!!! I hate it when it gets so long that it starts curling up,,,,,!!!  UGHHhhhh
 Our demo type Guvnor is one that wants to try to hurt President Trump by keeping all the business closed and people locked up in their houses,,,I do not understand alowin the walmarts and big box stores to open ,,,which see a heck of a lot more people goin in and out than a barber shop that only sees maybe 3 people at the most,,,,,????

I’ve got the flip going on too. Can’t stand it. Calling To see about an appointment tomorrow.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 7:16am
I was 3 weeks way past due for a haircut when the shops were closed! I don’t wear mine particularly short, and it was getting TERRIBLE. Saturday night, we had a bonfire at my sister’s house, my niece brought her clippers. She is not trained or experienced, but she is willing to try. Problem solved! My hair hasn’t been this short since I was 13!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 7:21am
Haven't clipped or shaved in 10-11 years. Mom lost her ability to cut a straight level flat on top, marine jarhead cut. Seems for $10-$15 all the barbers would do is put a depth gauge on their shears and run that over my head. That is just a fuzzy soccer ball look and way to much for every month or two. Do not like the buzz cut on me. Hair is down to mid shoulder blade, usually braided, and beard is 6 inches from belly button. I would fit into the Duck Dynasty look I guess. Now think of all the money I saved on shaves and cuts, I could probably buy a couple of their items.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 7:51am
I do like Dave does and do my own. Don't have much anyway. 1/8" all over. Hat stays on better in the wind. Like Velcro.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:22am

Well,,,right now I'm like ole Thad in that I've never learned how to cut my own but if we can get ole Dave, or Chris or Fixer to elaborate,,,I'm gonna learn how to do my own,,,,thing is,,,,,you can't screw it up so bad that after a couple of months it be OK to try yet again,,,!!!!LOL
 TBone gots the best solution to have a kinfolk volunteer to cut it while they is learnin,,,,Clap
  And,,Chask,,,here I always thought your avatar was something from the internet,,,,,,,but THAT is you,,ain't it,,,,,ClapClapWink
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:30am
My hair hasn't been  this long since that year I voted for Richard Nixon.

Three options being considered......gas powered hedge trimmers......weed eater......or looks like a weather window is opening up and may have the haybine out by the end of this week. It has the pickup reel and everything. Trimming up around the ears with the haybine might get a bit dicey.....but worth the risk.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:46am
     Got my hair cut last Tuesday. Barber said there would be a surcharge from Waste Management for the amount of hair she cut off. Have to admit I felt a bit light-headed at first.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:02am
Yep DJ almost as FUGLY as Shammers, but nobody could be as -----I'm out a here.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:12am
I'm starting to look like Grizzly Adams! Beard and all!
I usually have a high and tight flattop with a horseshoe mustache. Like fixer said, like Velcro to keep my hat on.
Worst part is my barber of 20 years retired in January. I'm recovering from a bad haircut by a different barber shop in February.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
copyrite1972 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copyrite1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:13am
Hey Joe, I got's a bunch of girls runnin' round' here, PM me your address, and I'll send you a few hair ties to keep your long locks out of yer' eyes!!! LOL
D15 Series II
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:15am
I've threatened the better half that I'm gonna let it grow like Chaskaduo.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:15am
Joe, I've cut my own three times since this started! I can't tolerate my hair being very long, like it about 1/4"! Just use the beard trimmer, doesn't work too bad. That said, i'm looking forward to having my girl cut it again.
Andy E View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:37am
Finally had my hair cut Saturday Daughter came and made me look presentable again. Did a nice job on the flat top. I was afraid that some young lady was gonna come and try and put curlers in my too long hair. Andy E nj
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:54am
[QUOTE=desertjoe]

Well,,,right now I'm like ole Thad in that I've never learned how to cut my own but if we can get ole Dave, or Chris or Fixer to elaborate,,,I'm gonna learn how to do my own,,,,thing is,,,,,you can't screw it up so bad that after a couple of months it be OK to try yet again,,,!!!!LOL
 TBone gots the best solution to have a kinfolk volunteer to cut it while they is learnin,,,,Clap
  And,,Chask,,,here I always thought your avatar was something from the internet,,,,,,,but THAT is you,,ain't it,,,,,ClapClapWink

Ain't much to elaborate on Joe. Put the length guard on, try it. Hardest part is around yer ears. Always get stragglers.
Had long hair since I was a kid. Once it started getting thin said the hell with it and cut it all off SHORT. Looked like I had Downs Syndrome. Real shocker.
Been doing it now for 20 years. 
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:25am
I haven't paid for a haircut in close to 30 years. That's when I met my wife. She's cut it for me since. Darrel
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

I haven't paid for a haircut in close to 30 years. That's when I met my wife. She's cut it for me since. Darrel

If your like me I haven't paid cash in over 35 years but I'm sure I paid in other ways 
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:01am
Originally posted by bikley bikley wrote:

Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

If your like me I haven't paid cash in over 35 years but I'm sure I paid in other ways 
I raised a cosmotoligist and paid for her training....ain't no way I'm paying again for a hair cut. As it is these "free" hair cuts have cost me a fortune.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:21am
Well, I haven't ever had my hair down to the shoulders blades, but had it to the shoulders many a time...  mostly to keep the sun off the neck and ears...
 Then one day while cultivating corn I started to feel some pain on top of the haed and it got worse during the day... oH CRAP!!! Yea, sunburn, had to find a cap and been wearin one of them since. and havin the hair cut so it covers the top of the aers... don't like them burnt either.... and wear a long sleeve shirt that is thin durin the summer... and the hair in the back long enough to lay over the collar.   An every spring for many years, the beard and long hair came off before Easter and there would be a pile of it...
the last cutting, there weren't hardly enough to see to sweep up... So fellers, be glad ye got somethun to run the cutter through.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:04pm
When I took my picture (selfie) with the Android Tablet, I musta scared it as it came out orange like that. Saved it anyways and decided I would use it for my Avatar. If I talk a new one it might turn out green, and we can't have that! Wink
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:38pm
and i always thought that RED TINGE on Chas was the Republican leaking thru !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:39pm
I gots 2 brothers and dad always cut our hair when we were kids.. Never had money or bother to go to a barber... When i was probably 16-18 i started doing it myself .... been doing that for 50 years.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:20pm
Yea, I was needing trimmed up when this Crap started,, it was gettin longer than I like,, well last week the opened them barber shops in TX, an since I was in Dalhart already,, I tole myself, its happening today if the wait ain't to long,, so Joe,next time your over there in TX, ya can gitter done there...
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:51pm
Only time I've had my hair cut by a barber was in the Army and when my wife had a broken arm, mother always cut it till my wife and I got married and she started cutting it, I can't stand the hair down my neck so it's always been a butch.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:15pm

Well,,Michael,,,as a fact of the matter,,,I have to take the wife over to Lubbock for her follow-up with the surgeon Tamarrow and I believe I saw a barber shop just a little ways down from the hospital,,,,Thanks for the heads up,,,,,ClapClap
 Think I'm gonna have em do an extra short,,,,,,,just in case,,,,,,Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 5:14pm
 Careful now. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 25 May 2020 at 5:17pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 6:27pm
[TUBE]rFZJwVJ6MZg[/TUBE]
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:47pm
Well, I too was about 3 weeks late already when they put on the lock down.  I'm glad nobody had to come get any thing from me cause I was a shaggy dog!!  Hair over my ears and started to curl all over the place.  COULDN'T STAND it.  Hate hair on my ears and I don't hardly ever wear a cap.  Yep, after it got cut (last Thursday) I got sunburned on top.
I've had it this short ever since I got out of the service.  It's SO easy to take care of and I save a lot of $$$$ on shampoo.
Good luck on yer stop at the barber Joe.  You can get that long hair caught in all kinds of things.......... I remember this girl in tight jeans.............nope, not telling that one,,,,,,I'm outta here.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic