This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hyd leak 8010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hyd leak 8010
    Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:35am
8010 ps started leaking behind the right fuel tank close to the rear. There are hoses there but it's deeper than I can see. I will start on it tonight by removing the tank. Has anyone had a leak in this area? Any experienced advice is appreciated. Scott
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Sponsored Links

wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:59am
I had a hose wear through behind the right hand tank. We replaced every hose that we couldn’t get to without removing the tank at that time.
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 8:00am
Been their done that on a 8030. Pumped the fuel tanks out and pulled the tank. Time consuming but manageable.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:01pm
Remove the tank. Lots of hoses behind there. Most are likely original. Replace as needed. The Power shift hoses are usual suspects.
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:00pm
Thanks for the replies, I got the fuel pumped out this afternoon ,then I got a call and a tree fell on a line fence. So I'll get back on it tomorrow afternoon. Scott
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:04pm
How many lines back there
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:53am
I found the pilot line leaking . small hose from the pump to the external valve. To answer Mike ,there is between 11 and14 if you count the upper hoses. I don't know if it is different on a pd trans. I cleaned everything and left that tank off for the meantime to see if I can make it on the fuel the main tank will hold. Will probably be putting it back soon. Not a bad job just as said ,time consuming. They never breakdown if you don't use them hum ,must be a conspiracy.the mess behind the tank you cannot clean unless you remove the tank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic