This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hough H-30 B Payloader- New Toy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradRisen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hough H-30 B Payloader- New Toy
    Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:33pm
Sorry,It's not Orange, But it is Bright Yellow !! I Bought it at a sale, Hough -H-30-B PayLoader, 4-Wheel-Drive , Bucket and Forks , One Owner, Bought new by local University, 4018 Hours, Cab, Heat, Good Rubber, Super Clean, Good Paint, Excellent Sheet Metal, Six-Cyl Gas International Harvester Engine, No Oil Leaks AnyWhere, Hard to Believe on Something This Old, Best I can Tell By The Serial Number it is a Late 1968 Model ,Starts, Runs Excellent,No Smoke,Good Brakes, Power Steering, Good Oil Pressure,Appears to Be a Very Nice ,Well Maintained Old Machine ,3 Speed Shuttle clutch type transmission, I never Owned , or Run One of These Loaders , Could Anyone Tell me more About This Machine ??   I Think I Got a Good Buy on it , The Sale it was Sold On was the First Day of Deer Season here in Kentucky , Which is A National Holiday , There wasn't 30 People at this Sale, usually 300 + at a normal Sale ,Auctioneer Is a Good Friend of Mine, Said He Really Screwed Up when He set the Auction Sale Date, They Have 5 or 6 Consignment Sales A Year, Stuff Usually Sells Pretty Good, Any Comments, Good or Bad Will Be Appreciated, Thanks !!!
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:40pm
No pics?!!!!!
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:01pm
Sounds like you went on the right hunting trip!  Also sounds like a great machine.  Not a high production machine but it sure will be handy around a farm.  Unless it's run hard every day, it will last a lifetime or two.  Gas engines are great if you need to do work in cold weather, easier starting and no worries about fuel jelling.  Of course KY isn't really known for sub zero days but still....
Congratulations!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
BradRisen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradRisen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 11:57pm
I never have Figured out, how to post Pictures on The Website yet,But I Would like to Learn how, My Daughter has Promised to Help me Figure it out, and yes it usually doesn't get real Cold in Kentucky, I Think it has only Been Down To 10 -14 Degrees, Two or Three Times, This year At Night , Then Warms Back up Into the 30s And 40s during the DayLight Hours , Althought, The Weather Forcast is calling For 50s And 60s the next few Days, Which is Good News,Since Shameless sent us About 14 Inches of His Finest White Stuff ,Last Thursday And Friday, Which is our first Measurable SnowFall for this year, I Thought That SnowThingy of His was Busted !!!!!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 8:40am
If it has a torque converter along with the 3 speed shuttle will be easy to learn . 
Like any machine - don't try to move a mountain by attacking the center of it , take a little at a time and work the edges off until only the center is left . 
 Start filling the bucket slowly and have it full when machine stops moving - especially if digging into anything but a fresh soft pile of material .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
scott View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 9:56am
I have an H-30, although it sounds like yours probably had an easier life. I have rebuilt my steering box and steering assist cylinder, rewelded the bucket cutting edge, found and installed a master cylinder, and reworked the entire fuel system. Mine has a gas BD240 engine from an IH pickup and nearly new army surplus tires.
I got mine to clear a patch of 10-12 inch diameter pine trees. Some had been cut and had a 2' stump but most of the trees were still standing. Neighbor came by and asked if I could help move the root ball from a box elder(?) tree. Great big bastard, we chained it to the front of the bucket and lifted the back wheels off the ground. Dug the dirt out of the roots and was able to move it to the fence row. I also have some older woods that has been ruined by the Ash Borer infestation. The dead Ash trees are falling over, pulling the stumps mostly out of the ground. I plan to dig up these rootballs with the H-30 as well. My neighbor came up with a 2300 lb bin full of seed he needed to empty into a gravity box... skidsteer wouldn't do it, call in the H-30. I have also moved an outdoor wood boiler, about all she had. Big bow in my field because the old pickup camper hunting blind was in the way. Before the brakes... had the forks in the bucket... nearly drove right thru the camper, lol.
I like my H-30 but its the only IH thing I have. I've only recently gotten it running "pretty good" and plan to use it more this coming summer...
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 12:09pm
I looked at the specs on the H30 I would say its about the same class a machine as a TL-12 of same vintage.  neat little machine
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
scott View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 1:52pm
Another thought is to steer you towards the Hough Payloader Collectors page on FB.
Mat63 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mat63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2024 at 2:01pm
Bonjour Scott, je m'appelle Mathieu
je possède une chargeuse h30-b, j'ai une pièce usée dans le boîtier de direction, j'aurais besoin de conseils....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic