This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"History" lesson?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 10:11pm
As for other fuels, it's not a matter about what 'could' work, or what 'will' work, it's what is 'practical' and also, what is economically sound.

Economically not just being about wether money can buy it, but about the cost of being able to put logistical infrastructure in place to contain and handle other fuels, AND... to have the fuel-energy-density worthy of the opportunity cost.

See, the concept of using 'hydrogen', would be no different than using 'helium', or Sodium, or Magnesium, or Phosphorous... you're talking about not a chemical compound, you're talking about an ELEMENT. Raw elements are not typically very 'stable' in a pure form... they tend to be rather reactive. Take white phosphorous, for example... take a handful... hold it for a few seconds... you'll not like the experience, nor will you live to write about it. The infrastructure necessary to hold and transport elemental forms is 'not' practical... the cost to try to contain it is WAY out of reach for simple consumer fuel.

Now consider that hydrogen, while touted as a 'wonder fuel', will seek to become bonded with anything it can (+ oxygen = water... + many things = corrosion), but it's just one tiny molecule, so the resultant chemical energy output per-volume, is very low.

Carbohydrate fuels... Ethanol, Methanol... they work well for many things- my Grandfather traded his gasoline rations for farm materials during WW2, and ran his Waterloo Boy as a stationary sawmill engine... on wood alcohol... and aside from low power output and rather caustic and hygroscopic nature of it, he survived, as did the WB. The CH fuels have lower energy density- it's due to the strength of the chemical bonds, and quantity per molecule that break... that determines how much thermal energy is available.

Petroleum fuels are Hydrocarbon... the HC bonds are stronger, so when they split, they offer more heat energy on combustion... thus, more energy density per volume.

Here's something very simple to contemplate:

When you consider the amount of energy found in a gallon of diesel fuel, and the weight, complexity, and tolerances required to make it an 'effective', stable, maintainable and SAFE power source within the constraints of everything from manufacture to fuel supply infrastructure to maintenance and final disposal/recycling... then compare that to other energy-source concepts, you'll see why we still have it. It's like a hammer... 25,000+ years of human evolution, and a store now has 100+ styles of hammers, but they all operate on the same principle, and the user-interface hasn't been changed much, either... it is NOT without good reason.

Dan- Electric motors aren't 'more efficient' than a diesel engine-- they're simply incomparable... to do so, is logical fallicy... like saying all cats have four legs, and all dogs have four legs, so all cats must be dogs.

An electric motor's function is to convert electric energy into mechanical.

A diesel engine's function is to convert a liquid fuel (chemical energy) into mechanical.

In order to properly compare the two, one must start with the same prime energy source. An electric motor is totally inefficient at converting bacon grease into mechanical energy. A diesel engine is terribly inefficient at converting AC current into hay bales.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Sponsored Links

Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 10:56pm
Dave I can see you like your oil. But all motors use some forms of energy to perform work. In this most basic since they are all the same. If you use a stanley steamer or ford model T or the early electric car built by ford they all did the same work to get you to town. One used sold fuel to make thermal energy which was converted into mechanical motion one used chemical fuel which was converted into mechanical motion and one used stored electrical energy which was converted into mechanical motion. All of these processes are very quantifiable physical reaction we have gotten pretty good at calculating over the last 200 years. So yes you can compare the efficency of different power sources. Electric power companies do this when they decide what type of plat to build. It is not too hard to determine how much diesel fuel a power company needs to burn to produce a kilowatt hour of electricity.   You can determine how many kilowatt hours of electricity the electric car burned to travel X miles. With these two values you have a conversation rate for how much diesel fuel the car would have burned to travel in miles per gallon. The tour de sole used a calc that included transmission loss and battery charger losses so it was pretty complex. I am sure we all know how to calc how many miles to the gallon of diesel fuel a vehicle with a diesel motor gets. So yes you can compare the input energy required to run any given engine or motor and the output work done by that motor with the input energy needed by a different motor and the work done by the second motor. Mechanical engineers have been doing this for a long time.
Converting from one energy source to another is tricky because they all have different energy density values. But we have become very good at converting all forms of energy into electricity so comparing an electric motor to a different motor is actually easier and more accurate then trying to compare a gas motor to a diesel motor because gas and diesel fuels have different energy density and they have different market values. But if you know in mass production that a power plant can convert X gallons of gas to y kilowatts of electricity and that z gallons of diesel fuel is requires to make y kilowatts of electricity they you can compare the electric car to both the gas and diesel cars and see if the same gas was burned by the power plant how far the electric car would go versus the gas or diesel. It is a very fair comparison because both cars are in effect powered by the same fuel source with the same energy density.

Edited by Dan73 - 04 Aug 2015 at 11:10pm
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 10:58pm
whew
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 11:27pm
Just think if only the kid in the restaurant knew the discussion his conversation has started........
matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 11:41pm
I'm late to the party, but to me, John Deere seemed to phone a lot in. A post on the first page mentioned the 4520. I can elaborate on that:

We owned one since before I was born. Until last year, it was our only tractor. It doesn't hold a candle to our White (Basically, a warmed over Oliver). The 404 in there burned fuel at exponential rates. Our White uses about half the fuel, and pulls the plow much more smoothly- and it's rated for 15HP less.

The Deere Synchro-Range was actually a nice feature- forward to reverse without stopping. That said, ours tended to "lock" you into gears. We had to shut the tractor off in gear many times to get enough leverage to force it into neutral. I shutter at the thought of the PowerShift in a larger machine like that.

Serviceability was non-existent. Doing anything to the 404- which was often, was a nightmare. The rest of the machine wasn't any better. In fact, dealing with two of their machines- the 4520 and a 6600 combine, I doubt I'll ever purchase anything major from John Deere.

I certainly wouldn't pay the Deere premium so that I could have the privilege of operating a lesser machine.
Mike Plotner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Plotner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 6:51am
your 4520 have the original engine? ours doesn't. threw a rod though the block trying to pull a 22 foot field cultivator that the One-Ninety handles well enough
2001 Gleaner R42, 1978 7060, 1977 7000, 1966 190 XT, 1966 D-17 Series IV and 1952 WD and more keep my farm running!
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 7:39am
Dave one other small point for you to consider if diesel fuel is soo much more powerful then hydrogen per volume then why does NASA use hydrogen and oxygen liquid fuel tanks to launch the space shuttle.   Surely there are diesel supplies they could have used in Florida.   
The answer is that a tank of liquid hydrogen and oxygen have alot higher energy density because each atom in the fuel tank is an atom the engine can use for power. Judging by the smell of diesel exaust there are alot of spare atoms in diesel that the motor didn't use. The argument that the bonds in hydrocarbons is stronger then the bonds of elements is wrong they are bonds of elements and the strongest bonds are always found in the things with the biggest bang when you break the bonds. Diesel fuel does have an advantage that it is very stable at room temp the same can't be said for the gas we all pump into our cars everyday.   Batteries are much more stable then gas.
Jwmac7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 8:19am
Batteries are expensive to make and even more expensive to dispose of...I'm I'm not means an environmentalist whacko but the process of mining the nickel that goes into these type of industrial batteries is way more harming to the environment than drilling for oil ever had been....no need to try to reinvent the wheel here...there is plenty of oil in North America and fuel could be cheap if we deregualted the epa and actually built some be refineries...all of these alternative energies are not feasible on their own...that is why all of the need government subsidies to work....gas and diesel is our best bet at this time in history,everything else is expensive smoke and mirrors
matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 8:30am
Nope. That was long gone before we bought the tractor. Guess what killed it in the end.... engine problems, again!

Also, on the 4520, the PTO was 1000 only (At least on ours). Having to run everything at 1100 RPM made that thing almost useless average jobs.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 8:45am
Deere had several duds back then The 5010, 5020 and 6030 come quickly to mind.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 8:51am
Lithium Ion or lithium aluminum battery no nickel needed. Lithium is found on the earth surface in high plans deserts in central American the entire process of "mining" is to scoop up the sand and devolve the lithium out of the sand in water. Very safe to the environment.   Lead acid batteries are almost 100% recycled in the US and work pretty good for alot of off grid houses. Solar panels are now cheap enough to make that there are companies out there installing an array on your house for you and you pay them less per month then you save in your electric bill. Alternative fuels are becoming cost effective.   
As to the damage done drilling for oil just ask the people around the hydro franking wells where waste water from the process is being pumped into the ground causing earthquakes every few hours if they think this has improved their environment. The oil companies doing the drilling have admitted that they are causing earthquakes they just argue that the damage is already done and that you can't prove that their stopping will reverse the damage and stop the earthquakes so they see no reason to stop.   Or look at photos of LA in the 70s and major cities in china now to see if less Government regulations will improve our air quality and environment.   Oil companies only care about one thing using there investment in infrastructure to make the most money they can for as long as they can. Fossil fuel is on its way out it is just a mater of what will replace it who will profit from it and when.
Jwmac7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 10:26am
Absolutely no proof of earthquakes from fracking....solar panels...ever heard of Solendra...again another leftists talking point.. Air quality in the seventies was obviously poorer than it is now due to clean technologies...Fossil fuels will never be replaced and should not be. Also nickel is primarily what it used in batteries in all of these hybrid electric cars...You will never build a lithium battery large enough to power a vehicle. Also where does the energy come from to repower these batteries...my bet depending on where you are at in the US its either coal or some other fossile fuel....We are protecting the environment just fine...give me cheap gas and diesel
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 10:52am
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/8864669/Cuadrilla-admits-drilling-caused-Blackpool-earthquakes.html
http://abcnews.go.com/US/oklahoma-admits-oil-gas-industry-responsible-dramatic-rise/story?id=30502267
Those are just the first couple of Google results from a search oil companies admitted responsibility for earthquakes looks like there is on proof of the same story NPR ran a few months back to me.

Cost of solar search first result I got is a company explaining how you can lower your electric bill by having the install panels on your house must be one of those left wing companies that loves to give money to everyone.   Why didn't I think of that.
Sorry it just really bugs me when someone defends the status quo by simply saying anything they disagree with leftist liberals wrecking things. If wanting to farm protect and pass on in better shape then i found it the property that my family fought for in the revolutionary war and has farmed ever since makes me a leftists liberal then I say ok I will be happy not to be one of the right wing sellouts to big business.   Worked for heartless companies that only cared about profit margins and would tell us at every quarterly meeting how there was no money for the employees for the about 10th year in a row but they where able to buy another company this year and had almost reached their goal of being a 1 billion dollar company. After 17 years of engineering for some of those companies and changing jobs every few years as the only way to get a raise. I would rather raise cows and try to get by without them. Funny how often when you tell your boss you found a new job they spend the next two weeks telling you how invaluable you are and offers for more pay all the sudden show up. Been there done that moving on now.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 10:53am
Lots of claims there Dan.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

My granddad has a 6030 and it's a nice tractor, for a Deere. It'll sure pull!
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:01am

It's called life experience.   But I will get off my soap box too much work I need to be doing this load of hay isn't unloading itself. Then there is the d15 to work on.
matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:13am

Plus, the 2510 diesel engine, the 8010s that were recalled and made into 8020s, the 4520's engines, the 4010's rear end, the 4320's early turbocharger problems, the 3010's LP engine issues, .....

It's amazing how Deere people seem to forget about all the mistakes that Deere had, yet they go after A-C transmissions that failed due to operator error....
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Dan73 Dan73 wrote:

It's called life experience.   But I will get off my soap box too much work I need to be doing this load of hay isn't unloading itself. Then there is the d15 to work on.

Oh sorry I just finished with the hay I think you where talking to a different Dan my bad....
Mike Plotner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Plotner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:43am
yep. those can all be over looked because the company is still around? right? in green world it sure can be!

oh and don't forget the whole 1010/1020 and 2010/2020 deal...
2001 Gleaner R42, 1978 7060, 1977 7000, 1966 190 XT, 1966 D-17 Series IV and 1952 WD and more keep my farm running!
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:44am
No I think I was address you about tracking causing earthquakes. So water wells, if using that logic, should be causing earthquakes too. Anyways............
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:51am
Originally posted by CrestonM CrestonM wrote:

My granddad has a 6030 and it's a nice tractor, for a Deere. It'll sure pull!
They were duds around here. Too heavy which made them dogs and the engines weren't very reliable. Now if you get pump work and turn out 250 to 300 hp then they pull but you increase engine unreliability. A dairy farm near me had two 5020s (same as an unturned 6030), only two in the area, and they blew the engine on one after they turboed it to make it pull a chisel better. The other snapped the front axle off and I believe both are bone yard material now......... Could be one or both have been resurrected after the collectors drove their worth up.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 12:28pm

No I think I was address you about tracking causing earthquakes. So water wells, if using that logic, should be causing earthquakes too. Anyways............

Well I don't personally injected vast amounts of waste water into my water well. The news reports are there for anyone to read but the short version as I understand it is that to hydrofrak a well you pump a vast amount of water down the oil well. The water mostly returns up the well until it manages to break open cracks in the surrounding rock face. Now the oil companies have alot of oil and other nasty stuff mixed into the waste water. So what do you do with dirty water that is too much water to oil to refine. Their solution was to drill another well somewhere and pump this water down the well forcing it into the ground as a disposal method. In basic theory it almost sounds reasonable after all the bad stuff came from the ground to start with in practice the ground at the depth where they are injecting it for storage is unstable and an earthquake is the result.   Read the article yourself don't take my word. The NPR report sited a town meeting in Oklahoma City where a rep for the oil company doing the drilling stated that they agreed the increase in earthquakes was a direct result of the waste water injection wells but there was no scientific evidence that stopping the practice would stop the earthquakes so they say no reason to stop. What got me about the story was that it was a rep for the oil company doing the drilling. As I said go to Google and look it up it isn't that old a news story.
Jwmac7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 12:52pm
Did you seriously just refer me to a UK telegraph story,as well as reporting from ABC and NPR...come on bud...you're gonna have to do better than that
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Jwmac7060 Jwmac7060 wrote:

Did you seriously just refer me to a UK telegraph story,as well as reporting from ABC and NPR...come on bud...you're gonna have to do better than that

Your right it is all just left wing propaganda there probably isn't even a place called Oklahoma City what a silly name for a place.... As I said look it up yourself the news reports are there I suspect unless fox news is your only acceptable news sources you will find one you like with the story. Don't even use Google use whatever search engine you like the town meeting was real as far as I know. Just don't stand there and say oh I don't like the source you cited it must be bogus.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 1:09pm
This is why, Dan, these subjects need to be taken on over to the political forum. As soon as I saw the environment being brought up I knew it was going to get political. BTW I quit listening to NPR when they were spouting that only whites can be racist. I jest not!
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 1:53pm

This is why, Dan, these subjects need to be taken on over to the political forum. As soon as I saw the environment being brought up I knew it was going to get political. BTW I quit listening to NPR when they were spouting that only whites can be racist. I jest not!

Totally agree Lonn. But isn't that an interesting concept? That to discuss a scientific/engineering/technical issue, it should be on the political page, because that's what any topic comes down to? Imagine waking up from a coma, and trying to figure out the "true" answer to this (and a few other key topics). It'd make me wanna go back out cold!
Jwmac7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 1:56pm
It's not that I don't like your sources,its just those sources have been proven to be wrong more than they are right.Yes I watch fox news but I also work for an oil company that does acrual drilling, so when you cite life experiences, I tend to believe my experience with fracking can be better talked about than some left wing rag from England or a democrat controlled radio station that 10 liberals and one independent listen to.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Totally agree Lonn. But isn't that an interesting concept? That to discuss a scientific/engineering/technical issue, it should be on the political page, because that's what any topic comes down to? Imagine waking up from a coma, and trying to figure out the "true" answer to this (and a few other key topics). It'd make me wanna go back out cold!

You are both correct and as I look back I see this went into the weeds as soon as I said if someone wanted to build a modern electric tractor I would be happy to buy it. I didn't realize that comment would lead to a political debate I try to avoid the political section because I find it all hot buttons on both sides.
As to the NPR comment about whites I did hear that and it turned my turned me off alot too. I still try to listen to the BBC News because it is far less American biases. Every news sources has an agenda we have to try and sort that out for our selves. That is why I said a bunch of times look it up!
It just happens that energy is a hot button for me. I personally feel if it wasn't for our need for oil we wouldn't have sent our military into harms way in the middle east so oil gets me every time. But that statement is a huge political debate and I don't want to have it. I almost didn't open this thread again because it has gotten to political and I was the cause of it. So sorry to everyone who didn't want to hear my rant about oil or anything else I will try to stick to tractor advice that is why I came her in the first place to get help with my old d serries tractors and hopefully return some help to others. I really do hate politics.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Jwmac7060 Jwmac7060 wrote:

It's not that I don't like your sources,its just those sources have been proven to be wrong more than they are right.Yes I watch fox news but I also work for an oil company that does acrual drilling, so when you cite life experiences, I tend to believe my experience with fracking can be better talked about than some left wing rag from England or a democrat controlled radio station that 10 liberals and one independent listen to.

Knowing that you work for a company doing this please feel free to debunk the report about a Oklahoma city town meeting if i am wrong and a rep for the oil company doing the drilling didn't say that or my understanding of how hydrofraking works is incorrect I am will to admit it. My comment about life experience was in reference to the fact that I have worked for big companies which only care about profit and nothing else. I personally feel oil companies have prove. Themselves to have the same mindset with that respect as the companies I worked as a engineer for over 17 years.
As to news casts fox cnn npr you name it they have all been proven wrong and of pushing their own agenda. It is very hard to find the truth.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 3:45pm
I'm not saying you started this topic down the rabbit hole Dan, but as soon as the environment issue was brought up that is where it plunged to. A never ending rabbit hole. If it makes you happy, I'll admit I may be willing to buy an electric tractor too......if it ever became affordable and practical.

Edited by Lonn - 05 Aug 2015 at 3:46pm
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic