This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HF can kiss my....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HF can kiss my....
    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 1:40am
o-k...so I get the 25% off anything in the store coupon...went to HF on Jan 1st, to get an orange roll around tool box (U.S.General) brand. the one I liked on line was there but after eye balling it, just wasn't what I wanted. found another one, same brand, that would do my needs a lot better (and was a bit cheaper) but I wasn't looking for the cost part, just what would do my needs. they had the bottom chest on wheels but was out of the top chest, I ordered the top chest, said it would be 4-7 weeks for pick up. I get up to the counter an pre4sent my 25% off coupon, lady says the tool box doesn't apply to the coupon. I showed her the print on the coupon that said: 25% OFF ANY SINGLE ITEM! she said I had to read the fine print on the bottom of the coupon, I said I couldn't read it as it's to small, and asked her to read it, and she couldn't either, nor could the other clerk! I was starting to show my dis-pleasure at this time. one of them did go take a large magnifying glass off a shelf and bring it over, and then read the fine print the best they could as some of the lettering was just ink blotches. it named a lot of brand name items but not the brand name of my tool box, but then it did say tool storage in the exclusions so that pretty much covers everything. I did pick something else up and was able to get $10.00 off of that with the 25% coupon. ya'll be careful out there if you receive their coupons! now....i'm still at the counter, and wrote my check for what I did get. they call their place they call when people presents a check...which is no problem with me....usually! she's on the phone for along time saying "English,and pushing the number buttons on her phone,ect", and she hangs up, throws my check back at me and says I've been declined! WHAT???? WTF??? why? and she just shrugged her shoulders and said the check company told me not to accept my check! again...what's the reason? got the shoulder shcrug again, I asked...did you even ask them? she said no. now this is embarrassing and my temper just raised up a couple more notches. now I've written over 19,000 checks in my lifetime and have never had a decline nor a bad check! but they don't know that and prolly don't care. she said she'd take a credit card, she didn't even look to see if it was my card or not. I would have shoved that tool box up their....well you know...but I really did need the box. I asked for the phone number of their check place and at first wouldn't give it to me...but after my voice got louder and more people are gathering behind me, she did give it to me. I waited until the next day and checked with my bank to make sure there wasn't anything wrong in my account, they told me my account was very sound and then he asked for the phone number of that place and called it. they wouldn't tell him anything over the phone and said he had to apply any complaints or questions on line. he did that and got me a complaint number issued. haven't heard back from them yet. if no response by Monday i'll call the BBB! i'm still fired up over this! o-k...my rant has toned me down...about a 1/2 of 1%.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 2:39am

Well,,Good Buddy,,,I feel for you as usually HF is good to get along with,,,I too have received those latest coupons  and have been told that one coupon applies to any "ONE" item you purchase,,,but I did not realize it had any exclusions as far as specific "brands" of the particular tool,,,?
 I'm kinda puzzled bout the checks thing, tho,,,,?
 Here'e what I do on the recommendation of my bank,., If and when you do "Any" on line buying, you should have a "Reloadable Card" specifically used for that purpose. You can get those from your bank and you "reload" to say,,,$300  from your regular card as you need to to cover all online purchases. This way them scammers can only get you for the amount on your reloadable instead of the BIG balance on your regular card,,,!! The reloadable does not have a paper trail from your BIG account,,,,,think of this as you going and diggin up just "One" of your stashes instead of several different stashes,,,,ClapClap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 7:03am
That is a good idea Joe, I'm gonna look into it. So friggin many scammers out there these days. They enact all these laws and it just makes it harder and more costly for us honest folks and businesses, instead of seeking these Aholes out and locken em up and fining their pants off.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 7:22am
I wouldn't stop with just a fine.
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 7:27am
I only have two cc's, both have "see ID" written by me on signature line. I started this years ago as nobody ever checked to see if it was my card.
I know its mine and rarely use them, still, one time in 20 will anyone check the signature and ask me for my ID, always an older person that is doing their job the way they are supposed to by even turning the card over to see if it is signed.
They pushed for cc use for years so they could sell your info, now they want all of us to buy on-line so they can also sell your e-mail addy..
Have noticed the last 3-4 years that websites that removed their phone number (so you had no choice but to click to buy) have now put a toll free number back on their site.
I called a few years ago on chain saw parts and the gal kept asking for my e-mail addy.
Told her I did not give that out and she actually said without entering same, her system could not take my order per company policy.
Hung up, called back the next day and they said the same thing. Told them I did not have one and they asked how I found their web site?
Told the gal I went to the public library to look them up, she took my card and I got my parts shipped with an invoice showing my e-mail address as all X's.
My favorite is asking for the manager's business card at the front desk when I check into a hotel. With that particular hotel's location number, I call them directly whenever going thru the same town and need a room. Most will tell you that you can only book a room via the "reservation line" when you call the hotel directly, which has been more expensive EVERY time I used it.
When pushed for them to check availability/rate for my upcoming visit, just tell them that If I have to call their reservation line, I have no need to stay their.
Like herding sheep as everything they do with "new rules" is designed to get your money and personal info.
Have spoken with hotel front desk staff when checking in late at night and some will tell you that they are threatened with their job if they quote direct without using the reservation service they pay for.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 8:44am

Hey Tim,,that is so true on the signature on the back of the CC's,,,LOL I have had this card forever and you can still see the stuff I was susspossed to have scratched off some years back,,,,,LOL I don't  really like usin CC's but are the lessor of two evils. Your personal checks have all your bank info such as routing numbers and all,,,, I now use checks strictly for bill payment and hope for the best. I use the reloadable card for any online purchase I got to do.Clap
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 9:01am
I'm starting a new business. Well, 52nd re-start of the same business, I've had to shut down so many times. Anyways, FIFTY BUCKS AND AN ALIBI, and I find those people for you no matter where they are, and - well, not only do you get your money back plus 20%, but "the problem" (read: "BAD GUYS") is, let's just say eliminated.
Why so cheap? For the same reason I've had to shut-down and re-start so many times: The REAL money is in the blackmail.
Obviously joking, but don't ya wish there was somebody doing something about it? I say, if you and your identity are one and the same, and someone steals your identity, then they took your "life," so why not make them have to pay with theirs?
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 9:03am
Don't understand what happened on your check... The 25% if is misleading.. It NEVER covers their motors , generators, most air tools, some floor jacks, and tool boxes.... its good for sockets, wrenches, hammers, and their GENERIC brand stuff... Not the items that are trying to get a Name Brand.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 9:56am
I have found myself less and less enamored with HF, doing less and less business with them for just such practices mentioned here. And Dale, you are wasting your time with the BBB. If the company in question is not a member of the BBB, then the BBB couldn't care less, and if they are a member, then it depends on how much dues the company pays to the BBB and if they are paid up as to what action, if any they will take!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 9:58am
I learned about the exemptions several years ago when I needed a hydraulic jack, they're not covered either.  Now I did get a coupon before the first of the year in an email that was a 20% off anything, no exemptions, not sure but probably only good for one day.
Maximum use of available resources!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 10:17am
Latest 20% standard coupon exclusions

This 20% off is pretty standard and easy to get at their web site.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 12:33pm
Wink Thank you to those that share the wisdom.LOL I am cheap and so glad you shared so I didn't have pay to learnLOL.

Come on Shameless you got to pay even after bragging up that store.

True story:

My one son was a Landscape Architect in Orange County,and son of the owner of HF wanted the company my son worked for to redesign his Estate. The company draw up plans,but kid could not decide if he liked it. Hired my son on the side to build a model of the estate. Standard card board building was not good enough, need to go get cars and trucks. Match box or what ever cars he got was not the same scale,so was payed to do it over so car fit garage. Wink  So Shameless somebody has to pay so the kid can play,and another big secret kid was scheming how he could take over and kick dad out.LOLLOLLOL Since that was over 10 years ago kid may be the one running the show, so I am sure he needed a bigger estate.LOL Somebody has to pay.LOL

After Moon Bean stole money from cities in Caly for redevelopment (city beautification) the company my son worked for went out. Me now does computer tech Confused  for Concordia University so no big paying side jobs.Cry Son never gave me any coupon from HF ether.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 2:20pm
I don't mind their sockets and hand tools cause they stand behind them and will give you a new one if it breaks.
What I'm really after is the FREE things.  Especially the small light.  They are LED's and are really bright.  You HAVE to buy something to use it, but you can buy the cheapest thing and get it.  Like the snap off blade knife, $0.79.  I take a pic of the coupon with my cell phone, that way you get to use it over and over.  If you present the paper coupon, they mark through it or toss it so you can't use it again.
Yeah Shamers, you can't get 50% of anything that costs too much, only the cheap stuff.  What, you think they want to lose money?

OH CHIT, I forgot the bestest part......... I'd a LOVED to have been there to see you so hoppin mad!! Angry  WHEW!! Clap

Edited by Ted J - 04 Jan 2020 at 2:22pm
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 9:37am
I never pay any attention to any coupons from any place! ---they are a scam. The HF here has a lady manager that gives me decent discounts ,--coupon or not. --Shameless,---get on the good side of the store manager, bud!--It pays! LOL!!!!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 10:18am
bought 2 boattrailer tires - cupon only good for one item - so clerk says just buy one - come back into store to get the other but use the other register and use cupon there for second one at the discount 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Latest 20% standard coupon exclusions

This 20% off is pretty standard and easy to get at their web site.

So can buy any item, except anything worth while, since all the brands/products exempt are about the only things most would want anyway lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 5:56pm
Can someone call that HF store and see if they have a camera on the checkout stand ?  GET THAT FILM of Shameless throwing the FIT and post it on You Tube with a link from here !!!  I need to see that !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 6:53pm
Horror Fright is what they are- cheap junk, with lotsa' gotchas.

Remember- the tools you're buying, are copies of bona-fide products that the Chinese obtained from US.  You might get stuff that works, but they want it to SELL.

Realize, that 'return for free replacement' is not what it seems to be:

If you have a broken tool, and you bring it back for free replacement, that means you're a customer that's walking in through the door.  Another opportunity to sell you more.

Sometimes, what you THINK is good customer service in one respect, is simply a lure.

I buy cheap tools when I know I'll either need to use them once, or expect to have them stolen, lost, or damaged on a job.   When I NEED them to survive, and last, and work well, I go elsewhere. 

By far, the  worst injury I get from cheap tools, is flaking chrome plating... it slices right through leather gloves, and leaves tiny, sharp fragments buried deep.  Cheap tools flake plating from Day One.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 7:08pm
Thanks for posting the exclusions. Was wandering if I could buy a sale item with it.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 9:55pm
my bank and myself are still trying to get ahold of anyone at that check checking place. all we both get are puter voices and/or put on hold (forever or until we hang up).
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 10:20pm
I did find out that TSC and Wally World use the same check company, and I wrote checks at both those places right after being at HF, and my checks were not denied at those places. PfffffT!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 1:20am
In the 50+ years I have been writing checks I had never had one returned or denied. I did haves some kid steal my check book last summer at our local farmers market. I closed that account the next day. And opened another 1 at the same time. The account # they gave me had been someone else's #. Those people had written some bad checks. When I wrote my next check at Menards my check was denied. They could not tell me the reason it was denied, but the cashier gave me a phone # to call. It had a 12 hour waiting period. I did call them the next day and explained what happened. They told me to have the bank take the bad check notification off the checking account # they gave me. I called the bank, spoke to the cute young lady that set up the account. Her mom and dad used to carry her into the tire shop when she was a baby. She apologized profusely, said she completely overlooked ticking the box on the computer screen. Just a tick of the box fixed everything.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 2:37am
That's what Shameless needs, a cute young lady and some ticks!!  That'll fix it right up!
"Allis-Express"
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:02am
An maybe 'fix' him too...  Ermm
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 10:41am
They prolly know about his pretty machine. Wink
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 11:31am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

They prolly know about his pretty machine. Wink

Thumbs Up
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:58pm
That fine print caught me too before Christmas while trying to purchase a floor jack.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 10:44pm
The last time I was in HF They asked me for a phone number and I told them that I don't give out my number and they said if I didn't give them a number they couldn't ring up the items I had I told the lady that was fine with me as I was walking out the door and that was three years ago they can just kept there junk
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 1:35am
C'mon Kenny, she just wanted to be able to call you sometime and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, meet for a beer or something.....or something.....
"Allis-Express"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:22am
Ted she'd of prolly broke during first use. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic