This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hey Lou!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Lou!
    Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 4:42pm
I was down your way today, yelled out the window a "hey Lou, can ya hear me?".  I heard no response, so I thought ya were at work. LOL
I was down about 1/2 mile form the Key Pravilion place. Corner of 18 and Steubenville Pike.  I believe that is close??  Came down 22 from 376.

Dave in PA
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:07am
prolly didn't have his hearing aid in!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:34am
Morning Dave, close, but not in hearing distance. Im on 18, but about 12 miles north of there. we can sometimes hear the racket from that place on a still evening, if the weather is right.

In or out Shameless, I cant hear worth a hoot either way!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:58am
Wad you say???
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:14am
that's about right JC! what frustrates me most is when people will talk to me walking away from me, it's a waste of their breath. On the upside, I don't know when people are talking behind my back!

While we are on the subject, any of you guys found a hearing aide that actually helps in noisy environments?
Wait for the Lord;
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:28pm
I am in need of them hearing aids as well.  Years of running power tools has taken a toll on my hearing.   My boss got some about 6 months ago, the got blue-tooth, music, etc. in them with a heavy price tag of about 6 grad for the pair!  looks  like I will say,  "what ja say",    for a bit longer.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:29pm
I've got mine hooked to my cell phone.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 3:27am
there are cheapy's out on the market right now, they might be worth looking into! of course the hearing aid folks talk them down, but so did the eye glass people on them cheap readers!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 5:15am
I got a set of Miracle Ears a couple thousand in the mid 90's, then a couple of Unitrons and another couple grand in the mid 2000's. I hate both sets as they just can't seem to adjust them for use in any wind or breeze, background noise is to much, and putting the phone to the ear freaks em out, even in phone mode on the Unitron's. I think maybe Shameless has something there on the frugal-er aids. I don't need to hear a snail farting or the neighbors having sex, just people talking.   OK I'm done. 
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Steve M Ind View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:44am
I bought a set from this company after seeing that some fellows on this site had purchased some also. I have been very pleased and the price is right. I even purchased a refurbished set as they come at a reduced price and longer warranty. I know my wife is happier now that she doesn't have to repeat herself now.

Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:47am
I might also add that when you call them you get to talk with a person that speaks ENGLISH and they are very helpful and a pleasure to do business with.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 11:27am
I know there isn't anything worse than the price of hearing aids
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:51pm
Try Divorce once. And it was worth it.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Steve M Ind Steve M Ind wrote:

I bought a set from this company after seeing that some fellows on this site had purchased some also. I have been very pleased and the price is right. I even purchased a refurbished set as they come at a reduced price and longer warranty. I know my wife is happier now that she doesn't have to repeat herself now.

<h3 ="r" style="font-size: 18px; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; overflow: ; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap;">Advanced Affordable Hearing: Advanced Quality Hearing Aids At ...</h3><div ="s" style="max-width: 48em; color: rgb84, 84, 84; line-height: 18px;"><div ="f hJND5c TbwUpd" style="color: rgb128, 128, 128; height: 18px; line-height: 16px; font-family: Roboto, arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; : rgb255, 255, 255; white-space: nowrap;"><cite ="iUh30" style="color: rgb0, 102, 33; font-style: normal; font-size: 14px;">https://advancedhearing.com/</cite><div ="-menu ab_ctl" style="display: inline; : relative; margin: 1px 3px 0px; user-: none; vertical-align: middle;">[URL=https://www.google.com/search?ei=bFqaW7bHA-qkjwTipIuwDQ&q=advanced+affordable+hearing&oq=advanced+affordalbe&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i13l9j0i13i30.6996.14654..17846...0.0..0.101.1770.24j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0j0i71j35i39j0i22i30j0i20i264j0i67j0i20i263i264j0i131j0i10j0i20i263.h5iqxKtEH4M#]<span ="mn-dwn-arw" style="border-color: rgb0, 102, 33 transparent; border-style: solid; border-width: 5px 4px 0px; width: 0px; height: 0px; margin-left: 3px; top: 8.18182px; margin-top: -4px; : ; left: 0px;]</span>[/URL]<div ="-menu-panel ab_dropdown" role="menu" ="-1" js="keydown:m.hdke;mouseover:m.hdhne;mouseout:m.hdhue" -ved="2ahUKEwjUwY37_7fdAhVq74MKHWXXDkAQqR8wAHoECAQQBA" style="-: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; border: 1px solid rgba0, 0, 0, 0.2; font-size: 13px; padding: 0px; : ; right: auto; top: 12px; : 3; transition: opacity 0.218s ease 0s; -shadow: rgba0, 0, 0, 0.2 0px 2px 4px; left: 0px; visibility: ;"><ol style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;"><li ="-menu-item ab_dropdownitem" role="menuitem" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; list-style: none; user-: none; cursor: pointer;">[URL=https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:e5ihiXGJ3VEJ:https://advancedhearing.com/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us][/URL]<li ="-menu-item ab_dropdownitem" role="menuitem" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; list-style: none; user-: none; cursor: pointer;">[URL=https://www.google.com/search?q=related:https://advancedhearing.com/+advanced+affordable+hearing&tbo=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjUwY37_7fdAhVq74MKHWXXDkAQHzAAegQIBBAG][/URL]
<span ="st" style="line-height: 1.4; word-wrap: break-word; font-family: Roboto, arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; : rgb255, 255, 255;"></span>

Steve, which ones did you get? the ones I have now were supposed to be programable, but the Dr struggled with the software, didn't seem to know what she was doing, so mine may not be set up right.

I know I am completely deaf at certain frequencies, and diminished hearing across the spectrum. (from testing and experience) for most purposes, I hear OK with the hearing aides, but still struggle with speech, and they are completely worthless in noisy environments, like restaurants. And, with the hearing aides, I have no sense of direction, I hear a noise, but have no idea what direction it came from. That particular issue I suspect is because the hearing aides are not set up right. and these things were $1200-1500 apiece!!!
Wait for the Lord;
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:05am
Hey Lou, I bought the HCX and get along fine. I only needed one for one ear. I just picked one from the site that I thought best suited my needs and I have had great results. I found their web site to be very informative and I believe they state somewhere on the site that if you have had a hearing test done they can match you up with an aid using the test results. I would also just give them a call as they were very helpful when I called them. 
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Steve M Ind Steve M Ind wrote:

Hey Lou, I bought the HCX and get along fine. I only needed one for one ear. I just picked one from the site that I thought best suited my needs and I have had great results. I found their web site to be very informative and I believe they state somewhere on the site that if you have had a hearing test done they can match you up with an aid using the test results. I would also just give them a call as they were very helpful when I called them. 

appreciate it, thanks
Wait for the Lord;
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:18am
This hearing aid is my first hearing aid so i don't something to compare. I have needed a hearing aid for a few years now but was reluctant to purchase one for fear of it not performing and was afraid of wasting alot of money. Then when I seen these i thought what the heck as cheap as they are what do I have to lose. They also come with a money back guarantee if they don't work out.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 3:35pm
Steve, I have 2 questions for you, do you were glasses/ does it work/ comfy with them?   And how long do the batteries last? 

Thanks Dave
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Dave in PA Dave in PA wrote:

Steve, I have 2 questions for you, do you were glasses/ does it work/ comfy with them?   And how long do the batteries last? 

Thanks Dave

Dave, I have behind the ears hearing aids, and I can tell you they coexist well with my glasses
Wait for the Lord;
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:04pm
There are a few states, Michigan is one, that allows anyone that wants to sell hearing aids to do so.
I urge everyone to go to an audiologist, not just to someone that sells hearing aids.

Dusty

917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:39pm
My second pair was from a audiologist at Park Nicollet Clinic. I just don't want to invest another 2-3 grand to find out the aids are not that good. I guess I'm gun shy on em.
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:20am
Dave in PA, I wear reading glasses and have no problems. My particular hearing aid takes the size 13 batteries and most will last 5 to 7 days but I just recently had one that lasted 21 days. Can't figure that one out yet.  The company told me that the larger batteries last longer than the smaller ones do. It also states on the battery package to let the battery set for 2 minutes after removing the peel off sticker before installing but I usually try to let it set for 5 minutes or so. My FIL has a $6000 set of aides that take the smaller 312 batteries and has to replace his batteries about every 2 to 4 days.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

that's about right JC! what frustrates me most is when people will talk to me walking away from me, it's a waste of their breath. On the upside, I don't know when people are talking behind my back!

While we are on the subject, any of you guys found a hearing aide that actually helps in noisy environments?
Well I can hear better what IS behind me.  Sitting at a table in a restaurant, I can hear the people behind me perfectly but I can't hear you sitting right across from me. Wacko
There is NO SUCH THING as a good hearing aid in a noisy environment.  My Mother is so disgusted with her new $10K ones she wants to give them to me.  They are the LATEST blue tooth, set em by your phone, different setting for restaurants, concerts, people talk, wind, you name it.  NONE OF IT WORKS for her. Angry

As long as YOU speak up, I don't need em......

Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Try Divorce once. And it was worth it.
You bet your life!! LOL LOL LOL Clap Clap
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic