This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help deciphering NAPTA rule

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help deciphering NAPTA rule
    Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:23am
with the swap me coming up, my brother and i have been discussing which carb should be used on his wc puller were making.  I read through the post on "WC PULLER CARB" and did find a few useful bits of info, however, just because it will work or fits, does not
mean we can run it.  our club uses NAPTA RULES.  we plan to be DIV 2 legal but also pull DIV 3 for fun.   example...

Natpa Rules for DIV 2

"7. ENGINE - Stock block, naturally aspirated. Exceptions: Oliver 99 GM, etc. Stock head, manifold, and carburetor (by part number). If an external part is not in the parts book or replacement parts book for that specific tractor it cannot be used"

since the tractor is a 38, will it have to run the early zenith?  or any carb for a wc?  so a E gleaner carb or TSX 464 (wd45) would not be allowed.  i have looked at the carb on my styled wc also, it and the zenith are very small through the venturi, (compared to TSX464)can they support a 280 inch motor when modified?  maby someone is running DIV2 and can say which carb is allowed.

Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Sponsored Links

Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:39am
Just give the NATPA tech guy(s) a call and ask.  I have found that if I am up front with them and asking questions, that at the pulls I have had no issues.  I know there are alot of haters of the NATPA, but I figure if I am going to pull with them, I will play by their rules.  I also know I do not have a big motor when I show up, but am there to see old friends, meet new ones and have fun
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:51am
I personally have never been asked about my carb, nor RPM's to that matter. I dont turn but 2000, unless I have to pull the choke lever, LOL!!! I went to alot of pain building a tractor to NATPA specs, only to go to a pull and see EVERYONE else not following the rules. If you cant beat them JOIN them. I actually think the TSX 464 will be ok, but I would ask.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 11:00am
Natpa is funny. Depends on who u are.   They are liberal on some things yer still enforce the short head rule.
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 11:33am
Yeah, I got caught in the short head in Div2 by another puller that I had beat in Tallmadge.  Went up and moved to Div 3 even though I had the uncuts on and still had fun.  The best part is when I pointed out his top cuts to the NATPA tech guy and he was thrown out of the class.  KARMA!!
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 6:56pm
lol i just noticed I used NAPTA instead of NATPA.  I made some phone calls and i think i have the situation figured out.  thanks for the input guys. 

unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 8:48pm
What did they say??? Generally speaking its been the out west boys who have been holding the natpa back from more lenient easier rules, to my understanding. They need to just split, let the west half fail, then re emerge.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 6:24am
I spoke to a guy in the club who pulls several AC's.  his 37wc is using a tsx464 and running an  E gleaner manifold and passed NATPA techs many times

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic