This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help, B, Plow, Wiring, Cultivator, Brakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jpohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, B, Plow, Wiring, Cultivator, Brakes
    Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 9:48am

I am still working on the B project. The project has been thrown into high gear because of the weather and the upcoming farming/mowing season. Thanks to many on this site I have the correct exhaust manifold, a belly mower (thanks Richard Aiken), and paint. I have a few more things to acquire before all is said and done.

I am looking for a good Plow and Cultivator (for the B). If you have one that you are willing to part with- Close to Germantown, OH 45327, e-mail pics to pohl.7@wright.edu.

My FIL says that I need to get new "brake pads" for it. Does anyone know where I can find these? - I am not sure if it has pads, I am very new to this tractor restoration thing.

Wiring Diagram- My B has previously been modified with a starter and 12v battery and a switch. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to wire this together. Right now I have it rigged up so that it will start, but the switch will not turn the tractor off. Anyone have a wiring diagram? 

I will put some pictures of my project on here soon.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

Edited by Jpohl - 02 Apr 2010 at 10:55am
Sponsored Links

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 10:48am

send an e-mail to customcircuits@gmail.com  to remind me. I'll send you a wiring diagram that comes with my 12V conversion system. Let me know if its Mag fired or Battery Ignition. (Distributor)  Or one of the guys here can send you one....

Steve@B&B

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 12:45pm
Steve's diagram will probably help but, it sounds like you have an alternator hooked up in a distributor ignition. Once the alternator is excited it will keep the coil hot unless you have a diode in line. It can also be rigged through an idiot light and the ignition switch if you use a key start set up.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Jpohl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jpohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 8:01pm
Thanks for the help.
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 8:04pm
I have 2 cultivator frames here in SE PA. I'll give you the one if you come pick it up.
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 10:23pm
 I can  provide   new  brake  shoes  or  reline kits  to do your  own, also  springs.  Tony
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 10:25am
Looks like you are really taking very good care of my favorate.  Look forward to the pictures.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic