This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD7 serial # and year of manufacture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD7 serial # and year of manufacture
    Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 9:40pm
I'm trying to find the year of manufacture for my HD7 with the SN 17129. It has a pulley-driven dozer blade. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Royal - 20 Jan 2018 at 9:42pm
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 6:36am
Should be 1949
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Royal View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 8:36am
Thanks! 
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:53am
Nice looking unit! Looks to be in very good condition.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 3:52pm
Good looking old girl.
Royal View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 12:38pm
Overall great condition but I'm having some steering issues now and not sure where to begin to look for parts. I suspect it's something to do with the clutch. When I drive it pulls to the right.
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 2:45pm
just make sure your oil levels are okay, could be possibly a roller or chain adjustment.
Royal View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 2:54pm
All the fluid levels are correct. Just this past week something new happened... when I pull the clutch levers while depressing the brake the HD7 doesn't always turn. It's not limited to only one track but the effect is not equally problematic. Turning left is the biggest problem. Also, the problem is present but less pronounced when reversing. Does anyone know of a way to check the clutches without tearing the unit down? Or could it be another issue altogether? There is no problem shifting gears, the motor runs great, the pulley is functioning. It's just a steering issue that has come up this past week. 
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:19pm
You need a operators book and make sure the adjustment of steering clutches are correct.Always pull the steering clutch and get it released before applying brake.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 5:48am
These would have similar brake/clutch arrangements to the HD5 & 6, dry with a drain hole below? If does look for rats nests in side the drain holes then need to properly adjust brakes. The 5&6 use a bottom aligning adjustment under the bands(accessed externally) then the actual band clamping adjustment above.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 6:05am
Good advise DMiller.
I have read and heard conflicting information regarding steering on my tractor a HD16DC. Operators Manual stated using the brake levers are what is used to steer with the application of corresponding brake pedals WHEN you need to turn in a tighter radius. Then I hear others say you MUST always use the foot brakes whenever you are using the steering levers. This is my first AC tractor but ran a John Deete 350, 450 and 650 dozers years ago and only used steering levers and foot brakes for stopping or tight turning.

Your opinion on my AC tractor?
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 3:02pm
If yours is like mine, lo-load on digging apparatus and Have to use brakes with clutches, doing any pushing just clutch engage will produce a steer. Mine has Hydraulic clutches, either on or off, not much in between but can get a little tweak on them if really light handed. downhill release opposite clutch to steer as will over run/free wheel ahead of the one still engaged uphill can steer with clutches.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 3:44pm
Thank you DMIller. Good stuff. Have not had the opportunity to play in the dirt or snow this year with the work on various aspects of my 16. PLUS,, on the right side track adjuster, the rod broke or is close to breaking and I don't want to run the dozer out with any chance the track could throw with no pressure on the adjuster.

My adjuster on the right side had been welded by one of the previous owners, and done poorly. Where they welded the adjustment rod together the weld is very loose and ready to break apart. Taking it to my welder and going to have it cut, extended an inch and put back together for strength. Once I get it back and hooked up the old girl is going out to play in the dirt. I am anxious to play with the steering in various loads and situations.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic