Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6-B Tensioner Screw Thread Size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6-B Tensioner Screw Thread Size
    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 1:36pm
Hello All,

Had to cut out the old threaded tensioner (22-3/4 length), heat the yoke and extract the threaded portion.  

Two options so far:  

1: Find a boneyard donor

2: Find the correct thread/pitch bolt and weld onto the remaining hex stem. 

Looks like 1-5/8 x 5.5 pitch, but figured would throw it out here; also if anyone has a source for either.

Thanks, -Joe
Sponsored Links

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 9:25pm
We might have what you need....we're a long ways away...California. Hector...(gemdozer)...will probably be able to help you.  He's got access to a lot of those parts. He'll see the post. 
jwoods View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 5:23am
THanks Mel, and...you are correct.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 12:25pm
I turned a length of stock to thread - then welded it to the end of the hex part on a HD5B  - the lock collar was bad though so had to find a nut to fit end of new turned thread .
 If I were to do it again I would find a hydraulic ram and make it a grease type adjuster . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
jwoods View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 7:09am
Thanks All,

I was able to find a used replacement screw.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic