This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd6 ag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcticmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hd6 ag
    Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 9:00pm
The Allis won't steer anymore. Drained the fluid and flushed the case cleaned the intake screen now we can't find filters. The ones we took out don't have readable numbers on them. There are two one beside each battery box for the hyd. steering. Any help would be appreciated. Big SalWink
Sponsored Links

Arcticmerc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcticmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 9:17pm
Here's a pic maybe
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 4:21am
Tom, I believe the filters on yours are the same as on my 7G, Mine had a option of two separate filters at one time or the twin head I have but they used the same filter element and I have only found one supplier, Baldwin.  Their P/N is a: PT273, comes complete with orings and bolt gasket washer.  I buy mine from Application Associates in NJ and usually have them in a few days.

My 7G is having the same issues, I just broke a brake band and after replacement with new steering piston seals I cannot get it to turn, I am thinking the Hydreco valve reliefs are either 1) stuck full open or 2) the springs are too weak and have allowed the pressure to drop way off.  I had a instantaneous drop in steering pressure after it steered twice backing out of the shed.  I am awaiting off time from real work to open it up.  The two screw heads either side of the fill tube on the valve just ahead of the hammer are those reliefs.
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 5:12am
Are the pumps driving? The pumps shaft often chops out the square in the dog that goes into the gear, leaving just the dog driving and not the pumps. The dog square is nowhere near heavy enough for the job until you weld in the base of a 1/4" drive socket (filing out the square to fit the slightly bigger shaft square). If anyone uses oil any heavier than 10W in the system, they chop out real quick. Heard of guys using 30 weight oil and the dog chopping out instantly 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcticmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 9:16am
Thanks fer da number. Youre right only Baldwin had it didn't cross to nutten. Got them coming be here tomarrow. Funny thing is I have asked questions on another tractor sight several time never got an answer of any kind good or bad. Must be just fer yippen.Here I get the right answer right away. Huh, You guys know anything about Case 830s?LOL Big Sal
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcticmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 9:20am
Don't knw about the pump but I stuck the old filters in to get it out of the bottom of the pond. Steers good again. Cleaned them up the best I could. The new filters will be here tomarrow Baldwin has two in southern Wisconsin. Big Sal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic