This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD-5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acjwb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD-5
    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 10:03am
     Of the people that have or used an Allis Chalmers HD-5, Do you like them or should I look for something else. I am looking for something to clean brush and some grading work. I know a bigger machine will do more work but this is close to me. Seems to be well taken care of. Will go back and start and run this week. Has a Baker blade on it. Frame goes up and over machine with hyd cylinders going straight up and down. What should I look at? Tracks and undercarriage in real good shape with a extra new track. No winch. Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links

dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 6:52pm
I LOVE BOTH MY HD5B WITH A BAKER BLADE AND MY HD5G LOADER. PUSHES WELL, EASY TO MANUVER, EASY TO MAINTAIN. LOOK FOR UNDERCARRIAGE, LOOSE PINS, NORMAL THINGS TO LOOK FOR. MAKE SURE IT STEERS BOTH WAYS AS STEERING CLUTCHES CAN GET STUCK FROM MICE GETTING INTO CLUTCH COMPARTMENT. MY DOZER HAS WIDER PADS AND PUSHES VERY WELL. IN GOOD SHAPE I WOULD SAY 2500 TO 4000.
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:35pm
HD5 is a good small machine for many jobs but remember it's OLD - since mine is a 1955 HD5G and I have had it for 47 years it's like one of family but still 64 years old - and like me kind of retired - 
 Over the years many things have changed in equipment (guess I have also) I know even my 1989 FD5 dozer is aging yet the modern touch like power shift, torque converter, faster hydraulics and operator comforts sure make a breeze to run rather than the HD5 machine you need 3 hands and both feet to operate 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic