This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd4 DOZER KEEPS STALLING

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackbirdstud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hd4 DOZER KEEPS STALLING
    Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 4:00pm
i got A PROBLEM WAS PLOWING MY DRIVEWAY WITH MH HD4 DOZER AND IT SLOWLY DIED.. SO I STARTED IT BACK UP RAN FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS THEN DIED AGAIN.. IT KEEPS STARTING BUT KEEPS DIEING.. ANYOEN GOT ANY IDEAS I CHANGED THE FUEL FILTER BLED IT.. SAME RESULT.... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT..
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 5:54pm
Wax in filters - to cold for the fuel your using - air leak on suction side is another possibility 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 7:19pm
Could also be the outlet on the top cover of the pump is plugged due to the governor weight retainer ring deteriorating. Remove the outlet fitting with a 1/2" wrench, lightly grind on the threaded end to loosen the crimp that retains the flat washer in the end of the fitting, pry the flat washer out and throw it away, along with the glass ball and spring. Blow thru the fitting to be sure it's not blocked and reinstall. If the engines stalling problem goes away, you're good for a while, but the injection pump needs a rebuild someday down the road.
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 2:35pm
COULD BE THE FUEL LINE FROM TANK TO FILTER COLLAPSING OR PLUGGED. I HAD TO PUT A BIGGER LINE ON MY HD4. ALL AT ONCE IT WOULD JUST QUIT. START BACK AND RUN A LITTLE AND THEN QUIT JUST LIKE YOURS. BY THE TIME I GOT TO CHECK FOR FUEL IN FILTER AT TOP IT WOULD BUILD BACK UP. JUST A THOUGHT. COULD BE SEVERAL THINGS.
blackbirdstud View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackbirdstud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 4:33pm
these are all godo ideas.. I think it has to be somethign stupid. liek the fuel line is clogged or something.. I have been using it all winter Zero problems.. I do know if anyoen knows where to get it.. is a waterpump... mine is really lose and sometimes leaks.. anyoen have anew part number for that

rodnil View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodnil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 11:09am
When  my HD 4 did what sounds like yours is doing I found the the sediment bowl was full of crude. I cleaned it and all was well for a few hours and the issues came back. When it happens I remove the sediment bowl clean it and run for a few more hours and then clean it again. I've put some additives in the tank hoping it will help.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 12:34pm
Dr Allis is spot on with this one. Once you knock the ball out of the return fitting, all the broken pieces of the flex ring will end up in the tank, thus crud in the sediment bowl. That is why it is only a very temporary fix. The pump will need serviced soon. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 12:55pm
Check your tank to see if it is growing algae.Seems like the new diesel fuel is bad about that. All of the above is good advice. If your pump is good, it will be the fuel sytem, either algae, plugged filters, plugged fuel line. Tracy Martin
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 2:22pm
With it as cold as it has been, I'd doubt if algae would be a problem now.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 2:54pm
Like what has already been said, follow DrAllis's comments to the letter, you will be running and then get your pump repaired.  There is no way to go around.   You can't short around it or bypass it.

Edited by JoeO(CMO) - 25 Feb 2014 at 2:57pm

scott niles View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott niles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 11:23pm
Is this machine a detroit diesel?
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 12:56pm
HD4 will be either gas or a small diesel Allis, not seen one with a Detroit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic