This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HooverHD16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD16
    Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 1:32pm
Hi.
  I am new to the Forum and am just about to resurect my dads old HD16 (cabled).  The one question I have is this;  has anyone heard of or had experience with a brush cutter manufactured by Hoover?  It is a big wedge shaped attachment with huge serrated teeth on the lower edges.  My Uncle has used it and says it works very well in front of the old Allis.  I will take a few pictures and post them on this thread to give you a better idea of what I am talking about.

Thanks

Richard  
Sponsored Links

HooverHD16 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HooverHD16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 10:13am
Hello again.
  Here are some pictures as the equipment sits this morning.  I looked for a Serial number on the crawler but stuff has been painted over so all I could see was HD16A-C-560.  I was talking to my uncle (in the pictures) and he says he had to replace the crankshaft one time and while doing so found that it had an HD21 torque converter in it.  My Dad bought the machine and paid him to operate it.

HooverHD16 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HooverHD16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 10:18am
Not sure how to post multiple pictures yet.
You can see the serrated cutting edge on the brush cutter.  My Uncle said it cuts through trees like cabbage!   LOL  Can't wait to put it too the test once again.

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 11:50am
  Nice machine with a BUDA ALLIS CHALMERS motor  and cable blade and with a V plow you need much snow to stop it.
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 4:45pm
I had never seen a brush cutter with a serrated blade.  All the ones we ran were straight blades.  Took the better part of the evening to sharpen them with an angle grinder, after working a day.  They do make short work of smaller trees, less than 8 inches in diameter.  bigger than that and it is easier to walk them down, and pile them.  Easier on the breaking plow too.

R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 11:14am
Thats a BIG V-blade!!
In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
Horvik View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horvik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 6:57pm
Hey;

You could sure do the tough jobs with that series of Allis. Got to be knowledgeable on the rear cable drum. Good lookin machine!
Horvik View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horvik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 6:59pm
Hey;

That 's a mighty fine looking Allis. Tough keeping that cable drum fixed up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic