This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11EP Fuel Pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11EP Fuel Pump
    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 2:04pm
First post, looking for knowledge and help. HD11EP with BUDA strait 6, I believe a '70. Fuel pump was rebuilt 20 years ago and installed correctly twice by two different mechanics with the same results. machine would start and run on 3 cylinders. Thought timing was off, spun gear 180 degrees and would run on other 3 cylinders. of note- the fuel pump that was "rebuilt" was owners nephew and this was his first rebuild of a roosa master pump. I believe the AC# for the pump is 4354214? Does anyone know the Roosa # so I can try and find one to install? I don't have time to remove and send in for 3 weeks then install as It is located in bush Alaska and needs to travel over Ice to get to location before it melts. Trying to put in an bush airstrip with it this summer. Any leads to purchase one? Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all that contribute to this forum.
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 2:12pm
Post this on the construction page you might get better results.
handytravis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 3:15pm
as I said- brand new- Thanks for the suggestion, It is posted in the construction section now.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 3:21pm
Are you sure you don't need six new injectors ????
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 4:47pm
yep, injectors are good, problem didn't start until "rebuilt" pump was installed
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 7:24pm
if someone could post up the roosa number, I'll look tomorrow at some cores. I have nothing ready to go, but possibly could build up a core, but it's doubtful I'll have something close. I looked through my stanadyne application/cross reference manual, and that ac number is skipped over. I'm betting it's a DCGFC631-????. Lots of HD-11's show up in that section. 

Edited by injpumpEd - 25 Feb 2020 at 7:34pm
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 1:52pm
The Roosa # I got was DBGFC 637-41AF with a AC part number of 4354377? Not sure if this is the correct one but was told its for HD11EP from serial 12201-16000. I think we are on the right track?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 3:04pm
this machine currently is in a snowbank. does anyone know where the machine serial number is located? would save a ton of digging for me.
Thanks
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 4:16pm
If you go to the trouble of digging for machine serial number, you could get the pump numbers off tag. I'd sure hate to build up a pump for it and be different. Many things could have been swapped since it was built lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 10:42pm
unfortunately the tag is unreadable, looks like it was beat with a hammer and chisel
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 7:56am
So the AC number in first post was what you could barely read on the tag?? 4354214?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 1:15pm
that AC # is what the dealer from California gave me. To add additional frustration to this I was just told that the pump is an American Bosch PSB series #T-72901 and the machine serial number is 17L14651. I can't find any info on either number or even know if that makes sense. Also that this dozer might actually be an HD11-B not EP. I am beyond frustrated at this point.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 2:24pm
You'd be doing yourself a big favor to post a PICTURE of the pump. A RoosaMaster and an American Bosch are waaaaaaay different.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 2:33pm
The PSB will be a much harder pump to find. I've run into issues where the head is so worn out, it will only deliver fuel on half the cylinders. The problem you described sure didn't sound like a Roosa issue to me. 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 3:27pm
so would that pump be rebuildable or junk? sounds like this pump is even harder to find then the other one I thought it had.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 3:47pm
Heads for PSB's are very scarce! I do have a new one on hand, and I also have a core from an HD11, but not had time to dig it out to see what number it is. Biggest problem for me is the time to get it rebuilt. 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:15pm
So I have more info- it's a 1964 HD11EC with a psb Bosch pump. I need to know the model pump Im looking for as the shops can't help me until I can provide them with that info. Any Ideas?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:16pm
picture of the pump on the machine. It's still in the snowbank
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handytravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:17pm
I believe it has an 11000 series buda engine.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:37am
The pump name tag is on the side of the governor housing right by the throttle rod in the picture. The PSB6AXXXXXXXX is the number any pump shop will need. The core I have here is PSB6A-100EH5278A4 with an AC number of 433783? can't read last digit. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic