This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11E TO AC COLLECTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11E TO AC COLLECTION
    Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 10:07pm
Ok guys.....We got side tracked from fire recovery duties. This HD11E came up on an auction site that we frequent...so here is the rest of the story. We took a trip to Chico, Ca. to day to pick it up
 photo PC150014_zpsql1jpua3.jpg
Yes.. it's a farm tractor...but it has a later model 11000 engine that anything else we have.
 photo PC150016_zps6oxryof4.jpg
Seems to run pretty good...we put in our normal complimentary bid so we had to spend a day to go get it.
 photo PC150015_zpsegm8ncwq.jpg
Also picked up a project scraper/leveler ...you know couldn't live without it.
 photo PC150012_zpsmn9vmdoe.jpg
 So we have some more projects now.
 photo PC150011_zpsvszd94xz.jpg
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 10:22pm
looks like a good ole gal! how you coming along on that new building? how is your new home coming along? any other projects we need to know about or enjoy you posting for us to see?
rickv57 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickv57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:12am
Nice-looking 11 there m e l
walnut1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walnut1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:29am
I saw that tractor last week and was curious, is that the original engine? It looks like it has an inter cooler, I didn’t know they put those in a hd11.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:42am
Waulnut1...I do not believe it is the original engine. Several years ago visiting with the guys at Arnold Tractor..the discussion came up about the spin on oil filters too..if you didn't notice.These 11000 engines were made for the harvesters..Gleaners with some of these changes sounds like. I think those harvesters were still being made by AC after the Fiat merger and the HD11s had been discontinued by Fiat Allis..not 100% sure about that..but if someone knows the story we would like to hear it. We thought the spin on oil filter was a must have..but couldn't get the assembly. Arnold tractor had a couple of 11Bs in there yard with those engines at that time. So that could be a different engine..or maybe those features were added..haven't checked the engine serial number.
 Shameless, the new/old building is on hold pending fire recovery ops. Hoping to get started on repairing electric service to our house site next week.  
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:14am
Hey Mel
What was the series 11 that used the square hardnose like your bbq, I liked those a lot. Neighbor had one with a farmer blade almost identical to the one on this tractor, it was quite handy, the farmer blades are a bit harder to control but they beat the heck out of a shovel and wheelbarrow.    Tad
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:09pm
The blade looks jus like the one on the 11 that I had..I'm guessing its an aftermarket blade...
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:33pm
That would be the 685 engine from the gleaner N7 combine- spin on filters and intercooler.  Will also have Bosch injectors instead of AC.
walnut1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walnut1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 1:54pm
Was/is the 685 in the 300+ hp range? When we did more row cropping we had a late b series, 16C 18xxx number I believe, I’ll have to look the numbers up to be sure about them. I used to know them by heart when chasing parts. It still had the older/original looking intake manifold like our hd11s’ have. It had a Roosa pump. The older 16C 17xxx one had a Bosch, but a different Bosch than the hd11s’, and I believe different than the 11e in this post.
ACjack View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Lazyts Lazyts wrote:

That would be the 685 engine from the gleaner N7 combine- spin on filters and intercooler.  Will also have Bosch injectors instead of AC.

Not too sure about it having the Bosch injectors and not AC. When I left the the Harvey engine plant in December of 79 that engine was fairly new in the combines and I'm pretty sure that they had the AC injectors.  
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 5:34pm
Looks like something that I could have a lot of fun with. Darrel
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:38pm
Trevor...thanks..that's what I was looking for..I knew some one could get this started...so going along with what ACjack says by 79 HD11s had been discontinued...I'll have to look at the injectors..I can see the injector lines are different at the top of the pump.
Tad..the AC BBQ is made from the HD11B series hardnose...the last model before they were discontinued.
  Michael..the blade is after market ATECO (AMERICAN TRACTOR EQUIPMENT CO.) made here on the west coast...they made a lot of very popular attachments after WWII.
 Darrel...come on out...but I'm gonna have some fun with it before you get here....but then again if this a hot rod engine..I might have fun takin it out and building a new HD11 (LOL).
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 8:04pm
Thanks Mel, Was the hardnose  on the "B" the same as the 11AG, actually were they the same tractor just re-badged, oil clutch, track length and roller count.   Thanks Tad
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 10:50pm
No..the B series hardnose was different than the AG...THE B series were the last ones made
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic