This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11AG engineering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11AG engineering
    Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 8:03pm
While refitting an HD11AG with a new (1984) Buda a question  we can't figure. Sometime around ser. No. 12000 A/C  mixed the steering clutch oil with transmission and changed a single stage pump to 2 and scavenged oil from steering res. to return to trans. WHY!?The trans. then uses HYD. fluid instead of 50WT. It seems to me that combining two sys. just isn't the best idea, not enough filtering etc.
Sponsored Links

Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 9:30pm
Hydraulic oil can be 46, 57, or 68 wt so may not be a problem.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 3:23am
HD11E has seperate compartments. Steering oil sucks from left housing (both are linked). Trans oil is sucked from bevel gear housing (divided from steer clutch housings) I have no experience with AGs, but thought they would be same as E models. HD6E and HD6EP have one common resevoir for all compartments.     Mac
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 4:28am
With wet stering cluch  and transmission with pump you could use 20 or 30 oil
catskinner View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 8:10am
Thanks for responding. My question was regarding the reason they would make a good sys. more complex and combine the two. We run two other, older HD11's that have seperate oil supplies & filters, just wondering if anyone remembered back to the change and if A/C had an explaination.
Whatever it is, I'm against it! (Groucho Marx)
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 5:59pm
Maybe that change occured when they threw out the power brakes, made the brake bands single piece, changed steer pumps from tandem (1 for each side) to single pump for both sides. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 8:37am
I wonder if these are the changes that eventually ended with the '7G' series development, it sounds roughly the same setup as the 7G I just go into.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 9:08pm
Thank you, do you know if there is a service manual or tech manual on line that you know of that could help me increase my knowledge of these HD-11's

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 9:46pm
I`m told you can now view all the manuals online from Minpar. The Fiat Allis service publications index (part 70658800) shows you which manuals suit each model by serial number. Viewing the changes in manuals at certain serial numbers gives you the clues when changes in the machines were made. Worth its weight in gold that little book
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 10:41pm
again, thanks...I operate [400hrsyr] service, fabricate parts, suffer through old crawlers and am interested in the history and development. All reading tips welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic