This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 4 Injection Pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 4 Injection Pump
    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:43pm
Hello, I'm new to the forum but have owned my HD-4 for 30 years and it has been good to me. I believe that I've read through past forum discussions that might relate to my question but appologize if I missed something.  I'm in the market for a replacement IP  (DBG FC437 7AF) and am unable to locate one.  Can anyone tell me if I could use a DBG FC427 pump, which I can find?  I understand  that I would get less fuel to the injectors but could I compensate for this by metering valve or torque adjustment?  Any leads on a used IP  DBG FC437 7AF would also be appreciated.  Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:31am
Spencer Diesel 
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Rod Mitchell View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:39am
Thank you.  Good lead.
kendrick84 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendrick84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 9:42pm
I got mine rebeult at Advanced diesel  here in Spokane,wa (509) 535-0336
they have pumps shipped to them from all over I have done business with them for years they are fast and good
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 4:03am
Be wary of the one post recommendations, Not saying he is a spammer, just not sure...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:39am
To purchase the WRONG injection pump you are going to spend "X" amount of $$$$$$, and screw around trying to make it equal to a correct pump. Why don't you just have your correct pump freshened up for a "few dollars more"? (which was the title of a Clint Eastwood movie.)

Edited by DrAllis - 14 Jan 2022 at 8:39am
Rod Mitchell View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:56am
Thanks DrAllis.  I absolutely would not think about buying the "wrong" pump if I could find the "right" one for sale. My rotor was seized up completely and the 10 or so diesel shops that I contacted could not find a replacement or parts to fix mine.  Thanks to a suggestion on this forum, I contacted Spencer Diesel and they were able to find used parts and rebuild mine. They were very good to work with and I will use them again.  The bottom line is my old HD 4 is back up and working and I thank all on the forum for their suggestions and comments.  If I missed finding a source for my pump online , please let me know for the next project.  Thanks again -- Rod 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic