This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hay delivery rate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hay delivery rate
    Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:06am
I got hit up by a horse person that wants to buy 100 bales of hay and they asked what I would charge to deliver it 22miles to their horse.  What do you guys think I should charge for that?
Sponsored Links

Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:41am
$2.00,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a buck there and a buck back............
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 7:00am
$1 per bale with a minimum
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 7:52am
$2 a bale dipstick I presume?  $200!? Or $2? Tyler comes in at $100! 

Sheesh....you guys are a little rough in my opinion.  $1 per mile is only $44....somewhere in there, like $50, with a good price on the hay, I would be happy enough.

Edited by Tbone95 - 25 Jul 2018 at 7:52am
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 7:56am
I charge $5.00 delivery for 4x4 round bale.40 mile maximum. These are 500lb bales so that would be 50 cents per square bale. I try to be fair and point out the truck and trailer does not go down the road for nothing!
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 2:17pm
Is this round bales or square and do you just deliver or have to put in barn? I get $3.50 a square bale out of the field, $4.00 a square out of the barn. $5.00 a square delivered and put up in their barn. This is fescue hay.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

$2 a bale dipstick I presume?  $200!? Or $2? Tyler comes in at $100! 

Sheesh....you guys are a little rough in my opinion.  $1 per mile is only $44....somewhere in there, like $50, with a good price on the hay, I would be happy enough.

My $1 is stacked to. Guess I should've mentioned that.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:40am
local feed mill gets $9.50 per small square chitty alfalfa or grass hay, and you gotta pick it up.
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 6:15am
Two dollars per loaded mile
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 6:27am
How long would the overall operation take? That's load,travel,unload,return. I can see maybe 2 hrs in it,though I don't know, 100 bales seems like a lot of moving..
Say it takes an hour... so $50 for 'time/man/truck' plus cost of bales.
Heck I didn't even add a 'fuel surcharge' ( common up here...)

guy wanted me to give a price to pickup and deliver a rider,I said $40, he thought $25 was fair. my truck is in driveway, me, in front of puterBig smile
I don't mind doing favors and such, BUT we only got so many days on this World
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic