This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever pulled a JD kba ? disk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever pulled a JD kba ? disk
    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 5:22pm
About 12'. One at a consignment auction coming up. Its adjustable as far as changing the angle of the blades. Blades are good. One disk axle is loose. Looks like the nut needs tightened up and a spot of weld to hold it solid. Yes its a light disk its not a 2500 or 2600 AC which I'd rather have. But the only thing I need it for is to cover up wild flower seed for the bees to make honey. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 12:04am
just throw your wild flower seed out before a rain, they will grow.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 12:04am
oh...and the green disks ridge alot
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 5:17am
Was just gonna add similar Shameless, good friend called them excellent Tater hillers!!  To me these always seemed Light, had to add wheel weights or concrete blocks to get them in the ground in packed up soil.
Walt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 6:08am
I had one that would dog walk up the field, I added weights, changed pitch, adjusted everything but each side kept trying to pass the other no matter what. Ask a JD guy how to stop it and his reply was, bad news is you can’t, good news is, it’s green and yellow and she’ll sell. And he was right.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 6:53pm
Shameless, I have tossed out over $200.oo in seed. I had a Kewannee 13' disk to pull behind my D17. I even put new blades on it. Still wouldn't go in the ground unless the ground was plowed first. I'd sorta like to have another small disk to work up the barn lot and seed it too. It just needs to scratch up the soil a little. It's gonna sell at a consignment auction next weekend. Thanks guys, I think I'll keep looking for a 2500 AC.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 7:47pm
If you can find one, an old IH 470 is hard to beat, I've got a half wore out 470 IH disc that will do a better job than most, and dang sure better than a JD disc I ever owned.
Maximum use of available resources!
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 11:41pm
JW dad had one. It did a very good job.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 9:51am
Even JD guys don't run JD disks.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 10:18am
Years ago, worked at a place that had JD disc’s. Had one if I remember was a BWA? Worked good if discing down corn stalks, good easy use a Farmall 656 to do the job. Had a larger one that the gangs hung on big ‘C’ or ‘U’ shaped springs, hung sideway. That disc, no matter what we tried, would ‘ridge’ the soil something terrible. Front gangs would throw the soil to far out, the rear gangs could not pull the soil back in. We pulled that with an IH 826, or 856 with duals. Traded it off for a Will-Rich? field cultivator.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 10 Mar 2022 at 5:45pm
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 12:40am
I didn't buy it. Hitch was broken and the center bearing was out on the right rear gang. If I remember right it brought over $550.00.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 1:10am
well who ever bought it will prolly fix it, then it'll be on the next sale after they use it! like said above, if you can't find a AC disk, next best one is a IH 470. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 1:12am
dads old jd disk is still out in the trees somewhere. if you had any foxtail inj the fields, you'd hafta burn it off before disking...or trying to disk it, the disk would just knock it over.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 7:44am
My dad used to say, "As soon as John Deere makes a good disc, it'll be their first one".
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 8:52am
Shameless. I agree
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 12:40pm
All of the green tractors around here had IH disks behind them! -- Never have seen a green disk here!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic