This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hardy wood furnace blowing warm air???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hardy wood furnace blowing warm air???
    Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:45am
Got a Hardy wood furnace that just started blowing cool air, was working great then yesterday the air is just warm not hot enough to heat a 1200 sq ft house , usually blows us out with heat, Ive replaced the pump as it seemed like it was weak, really no change, anyone familiar with these ? Forgot this the water temp is set at 180, and was working fine and tank is full

Edited by DougG - 17 Feb 2019 at 11:47am
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:53am
Should have check valves to control flow IN and OUT, if the Inbound failed could stop flowing forward. Can also get Too warm flow a bubble(Steam) into the pump, they will not pump air or steam.

Edited by DMiller - 17 Feb 2019 at 11:56am
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:57am
I had a pump coupler to the motor go on me once. Couldn't tell if it was out listening to it.

Edited by chaskaduo - 17 Feb 2019 at 11:58am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Owen64 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 12:43pm
May need a clean furnace filter
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 5:18pm
Is the water in your furnace 180 degrees ?  Is your draft motor working ?  Are your pieces of wood laying flat and not bridging ?  Are your ashes cleaned out ?  i have had several wierd things happen to mine, but most end up being due  to something I did or didn't do.  Call Larry Hoelscher if you need more  tech help. He has been installing and fixing for over 40 yeears.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:33am
So, your wood furnace water comes through a water to air heat exchanger, air blows over that to heat your house?  Are the pipes connected to that hot?  If they are, but the air blowing over it is not, then either the fluid side of the heat ex could be getting fouled with scale (how old is it?) or, the air side could be covered with dust/ other. 

Edited by Tbone95 - 18 Feb 2019 at 7:35am
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 12:00pm
Having trouble with my Hardy Water Stove. Dealer says need to replace solenoid valve that controls pump. Pump will come on for a few minutes and then shut off. Heat Exchanger doesn't get hot as pump does not circulate enough hot water. Dealer said switch wires on solenoid so pump runs all of the time until he can get here this afternoon.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 8:01pm
Dealer changed coil on Wood Burner and Coil and Fuse on Gas Furnace and everything is working as it should!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 4:06am
Must have been air as i been messing with it bleed the lines again and got it working thanks for all replies
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:29am
sure glad you're 'warm and toasty' ! One thing I remember from the boiler guy I used was he said to run the pipes so that NO air can get trapped when water's not in motion. I also no some cars are a REAL PITA to 'bleed' and will overheat the engine andpoof...scrap metal..
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic