Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harbor Freight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:57am
Probably 99.999% of all computers,phones, e-devices are made(or their guts) in China or other '3rd World' country. Yet those that complain about  'Buy American' don't buy a 'Made in USA' computer...hmmm, oh yeah....there aren't any...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Steve Bright Steve Bright wrote:

And you guys are the ones complaining about American jobs, I've always believed and still do, Buy a better products the first time, Cheaper in the long run!!! But you keep on supporting China while you complain about China?? You guys are real HOOT!!!! And 2 faced as well!!

I agree buy a better product the first time.  I refuse to buy anything made in China but more times than not I have no choice because they are the only offered for sale.  This spring I needed a new right angle grinder and came home with a Dewalt.  It was the only one I could find made in USA, however it said on the sticker made with global components(China), but at least they pay an American to put it together.

As far as calling these guys two faced for buying at HF, the last time I checked they had stores, warehouses, and logistics across this country that all have American workers to sell there products in the USA.  I guess you don't care if these Americans have jobs but these two faced guys apparently support them.  No matter what you buy it always supports Americans somehow.  Hell I guess I'm two faced as well, I had no choice but to buy a grinder made with China components.

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Probably 99.999% of all computers,phones, e-devices are made(or their guts) in China or other '3rd World' country. Yet those that complain about  'Buy American' don't buy a 'Made in USA' computer...hmmm, oh yeah....there aren't any...
Sorry, but, NO KIDDING!  Was there a point or news here somehow?

Like I said, I try whenever I can, and sometimes it is in fact impossible.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Kansas99 Kansas99 wrote:

And you guys are the ones complaining about American jobs, I've always believed and still do, Buy a better products the first time, Cheaper in the long run!!! But you keep on supporting China while you complain about China?? You guys are real HOOT!!!! And 2 faced as well!!

I agree buy a better product the first time.  I refuse to buy anything made in China but more times than not I have no choice because they are the only offered for sale.  This spring I needed a new right angle grinder and came home with a Dewalt.  It was the only one I could find made in USA, however it said on the sticker made with global components(China), but at least they pay an American to put it together.

As far as calling these guys two faced for buying at HF, the last time I checked they had stores, warehouses, and logistics across this country that all have American workers to sell there products in the USA.  I guess you don't care if these Americans have jobs but these two faced guys apparently support them.  No matter what you buy it always supports Americans somehow.  Hell I guess I'm two faced as well, I had no choice but to buy a grinder made with China components.

You did good, the more American the better.  It's a sliding scale, you can't do it all 100% for sure.
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 11:50am
well we all know there are places in America that makes different items. different company names are put on them although they come from one factory. parts for most of them come from india, china, etc. different companies put there own prices on them. essentially we all are buying those items whether you want to admit it or not. I do sometimes but a grinding disc for my grinder. I bought some at harbor freight for 5.88. stopped by the local parts place to get an oil filter. looked over in there aisle and noticed the same grinding wheels I just bought. 14.95. which would you buy. as far as the flag I guess its Minnesota's law. I don't buy many tools anymore but when I do it will be from harbor freight.
if harbor freight could only sell American made they would be out of business. same way with ben franklin or a lot of other stores. would I rather buy completely American made at a decent price. sure I would but surely don't see that happening anytime soon. I wished they would get rid of all tariffs in the world and let the free market decide but with Politian's involved it will never happen.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by Kansas99 Kansas99 wrote:

You did good, the more American the better.  It's a sliding scale, you can't do it all 100% for sure.

I should have added the only reason I went with Dewalt power tools was because a friend of mine gave me a bunch of new cordless Dewalt tools 5 years ago, they are the same ones made today and haven't had any problems.  These cordless tools I received free gratis were all made in China.  The grinder I recently bought at the local parts store was a 110v so I figured the cordless was still China.  Last winter I had to go to Home Depot for some paint and stain and I took time to check their power tools.  Well they had Milwaukee, Rigid, Makita, Ryobi, and Dewalt and all of the cordless tools were made in China except the Dewalt was made in USA with global components.  The exact same tools I have that 5 years ago were made in China.  I thought damn these tariffs are doing some good at least Americans get paid to put a Dewalt together.  Then I wondered how much more for the Dewalt USA then the china stuff.  Well the exact same tool was $7 dollars more than the Rigid and cheaper than the Milwaukee( or vice versa). 

Since I like to buy American it made me a bigger supporter of Trumps tariffs than I already was and I know that a guy like Steve B who only buys American is even more happy about the tariffs than me! Wink
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 4:25pm
Since I like to buy American it made me a bigger supporter of Trumps tariffs than I already was and I know that a guy like Steve B who only buys American is even more happy about the tariffs than me!

DIM WITT talks a good story, but you know half the stuff in his house came from CHINA.. Look on the shelves at Lowes, Menards, local Hardware Store... ANYWHERE.. Its not just Wal Mart or Harbor Freight... there were a LOT OF MANUFACTURERS that moved overseas in the last 20 years..... Clinton got it rolling and the bummer pushed "these jobs are NEVER coming back"............. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP !!
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 4:51pm

I went to Harbor Freight on 'Black Friday'.

Bought a 4 1/2" Disc Grinder for $9.99.

Bought a 27 piece Drill Bit Set for $9.99.

Have previously bot both items and knew the quality was OK.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 12:59am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Since I like to buy American it made me a bigger supporter of Trumps tariffs than I already was and I know that a guy like Steve B who only buys American is even more happy about the tariffs than me!

DIM WITT talks a good story, but you know half the stuff in his house came from CHINA.. Look on the shelves at Lowes, Menards, local Hardware Store... ANYWHERE.. Its not just Wal Mart or Harbor Freight... there were a LOT OF MANUFACTURERS that moved overseas in the last 20 years..... Clinton got it rolling and the bummer pushed "these jobs are NEVER coming back"............. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP !!

yep I agree with u 100%.  Best thing that ever happened to this country was a president that took this problem head on and Mr. super dim stumbles over himself crying we went wrong.  Guess he voted for the problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic