This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H4 Crawler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H4 Crawler
    Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 8:34am
My proofmeter is gone on my machine. trying to see if its electrical driven or cable driven. I looked all over around the dist  and cant find anything that resembles where a cable would go to. I have looked all over and just cant seem to find anywhere a cable would go. So could someone look at there h4 and tell me how theres is. thanks  norm
Sponsored Links

John(IN) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 8:50am
I'm not sure on an H4 but on my HD4 the cable connects to the rear of the alternator
Learn something every day!
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 10:01am
Since the d2200 diesel and gas are basically same engine except for the block. I believe it would connect to the back of the alternator. that is the most simple way to see rpm of engine in my opinion.
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 10:02am
sorry , not block but head.. 
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 10:03am
Hello John. Are you saying there is an electrical wire from your alternator or a drive cable. thanks   norm
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 10:38am
Mine has a drive cable Norm.
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 4:12pm
So I checked the alternator. It has a delco alternator same color as rest of the machine but don't know if its original or not. On back of the alternator there is a plate in the middle of it with 3 small screws holding it on.  so I'm guessing that's where a cable would go. Was looking for a threaded collar . guess its behind that plate. still not sure as I haven't take the alternator off yet and the manual shows some sort of a gear that maybe goes in where that plate is. if so that gear is missing. just still not sure. thanks  norm
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 7:28pm
I found an alternator for the h4 that shows the drive for the proof meter on back of alternator. mine is missing but now I know what I am looking for.  thanks  norm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 7:31pm
Parts are still available I believe thru Heritage Line for this mechanism. My 180 has the same style drive on it.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 7:24pm
You might find a electric unit easier to find - my 715B TLB uses a 3rd tab on alternator to run tachometer and a hour meter is electric and uses a pressure switch on oil line to energies it .  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic