This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H-3 Controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HabitatStewards.org Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H-3 Controls
    Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:44am
Hello All! I just purchased an H-3 and need some instruction on opetations and controls identification. if someone could give me a run down as if I was sitting in the seat would appreciate it! it has PTO as well, which I think is the small lever below my left leg. I don't quite understand how to turn? Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links

HabitatStewards.org View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HabitatStewards.org Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 10:52am
Hello All! I just purchased an H-3 and need some instruction on operating and controls identification. if someone could give me a run down as if I was sitting in the seat would appreciate it! it has PTO as well, which I think is the small lever below my left leg. I don't quite understand how to turn the unit? Thank you in advance!

Sorry for the typos in the inital post.  Thank you in advance for your assistance
chevytaHOE5674 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevytaHOE5674 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 11:37am
Main engine clutch is the pedal on the left side closest to the center. Push that and shift it into gear. The shuttle clutch (if equipped) is the large lever on your left side. Push it forward to go forward and back to go back. The levers in between your legs are the steering clutchs and MUST be used when turning. To turn slightly left just pull the left clutch handle. To turn hard left pull the left clutch handle and apply the left brake (pedal on the outside left) To turn right do the same with the right clutch and brake.

The pto shifter is small and close to the center on the left side. Push the main engine clutch in before shifting it in or out of gear.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:47pm
I've had my H-3 for 20 years and the instructions above are correct. Pulling the steering clutch lever back desengages the drive to that side but does not gaurentee that it will turn. That is when you use the steering brake but remember always use the steering clutch first. Pulling both steering clutches at the same time will stop the crawler. You will have to be very carefull loading and unloading or on steep slopes. Too much to explain here.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic