This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gunsmoke,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gunsmoke,
    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 2:58pm
I can never get tired of every episode of Gunsmoke - anyone else ?
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 3:18pm

Yup, me too.

Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Rifleman just finished.

Gary
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:26pm
All those old westerns  Big Lone Ranger fan here
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:51pm
Dale passed away many years ago but I still remember some of the antics he did.Seeing Gunsmoke reminds me of one story. Dale liked to drink and would get pretty drunk. He was always outdrawing Matt Dillon at the beginning of Gunsmoke. Then came the night Dale forgot his pistol was loaded and shot the TV. He claimed he shot Marshall Dillon! Sadly Dale shot himself one night! Alcohol and Firearms don't mix!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:36pm
UMMMM Dale who?
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:01pm
Not the Dale from Nebraska! This was the Dale from Moscow in Michigan.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:04pm
Before my dad passed away, he would watch it every day, I would occasionally watch it, until I spotted a 3pt disc in the barnyard one day.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:08pm
I watch them every day.  I get up, watch FOX news an hour, Gunsmoke, then off to the workshop where I work hard at nothing all day.  :-)
1955 WD45 S#205467, 190XT #6652 DXT
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by NDBirdman NDBirdman wrote:

I watch them every day.  I get up, watch FOX news an hour, Gunsmoke, then off to the workshop where I work hard at nothing all day.  :-)

https://www.bing.com/search?q=taking+care+of+business%2C+BTO&form=EDGNB2&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&plvar=0&refig=0899fc188095439b850d4686b328c7be
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 7:33pm
Rock-on!  Love that song!
1955 WD45 S#205467, 190XT #6652 DXT
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:20pm
Gun smoke always was and always will be my favorite show. My Dogs name is Festus Hagen.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:26pm
Dad always called me Festus maybe because I never liked taking a bath or maybe I looked like Thad's dog. Not sure which.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:32pm
all those plus The Virginian and The Big Valley
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:13pm
I like gun smoke , after all my internet name is Festus  LOL
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:20pm
I try to arrange all my appointments after gunsmoke!
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 4:23am
I've gotten to be a big fan of the 30min 'gunsmoke's"
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:15am
Just seen the 30 minute ones too, also a big Lone Ranger fan , one guy I just cant stomach on the older Gunsmokes is Dennis Weaver - as Chester, sure glad Festus came on the scene
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:26am
I've got nothing against festus or chester!  the 30min gunsmokes are more violet and get the heart of the show much quicker!
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:50am
     Gunsmoke is great. Mom and Dad used to watch but was on after my bedtime; could hear it from my room though. Also watch reruns of Cheyenne, Lawman, Hopalong Cassidy, Laramie and some others. Don't think any of these shows caused people to do crazy things with guns. I used to have a fancy two gun holster set. Never could out-draw Matt Dillon or Hoppy or anyone else though. 
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:26am
I use the computer for most stuff and the "smart phone" occasionally gets used when I look up who/what/where about old shows on the tube, neat stuff comes up about old shows/actors.
Never knew the ol' gal that played Ms. Kitty? on Gunsmoke died of Aids, or that when the network approached John Wayne to be on it when they were putting it together, he reportedly told them he had a friend that should be used, James Arness.

Hey, it was on the internet so must be true right?
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:55am
First Ive heard of her dying from aids, and yup its on the net,, ! Pretty sure she died from throat cancer
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 10:44am
Gunsmoke was a lot better than Roy Rogers! The outlaws were always taking Dale up to the line shack. Even us kids knew that nothing good went on at the line shack!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:46am
AHHH so very true,, maybe Dale liked it ??
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 12:09pm
2 things...
1)  now have Bonanza theme playin in my head...sigh

2) wasn't James Areness brother on Mission Impossible ??
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 2:22pm
James Arness was Peter Graves older brother.

He and his brother Peter Graves never acted onscreen together, however, Graves did direct Arness in Gunsmoke, (Which Dr. 1966).

Edited by chaskaduo - 23 Jan 2020 at 2:23pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 2:40pm
High Chaparral

Linda Cristal as Victoria Cannon Heart Thumbs Up

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 2:55pm
loved bonanza, rifleman, the virginian and rawhide when i was a kid. i used to lay on the couch and my dad on the floor beneath me. would argue who would get up to change chanell as no remote in them days. i always lost. miss those times. some nights we would indian wrestle.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:43pm
Chaskaduo that gal in the picture you posted woulg get all scratched up by Mesquite thorns in that outfit!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 3:44pm
We would always go to the little town 1.75 miles from home on Sat nights. Dad like to loaf and gab at the store. At 15 minutes to 9.00 the store cleared out. Everyone headed home to watch Gunsmoke that came on at 9:00. Those were the days.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 5:15pm
Yup that's how it was at the farm ,, cant miss that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic