Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GUNS WIN!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GUNS WIN!
    Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 11:21am

Liberty Headlines

GUNS WIN! Firearms Stop Bad Guys in Several Incidents (Some w/out Firing a Shot)

 July 14, 2018  Joshua Paladino  0

‘He reached around toward the deputy’s gun, and I just jumped him…’

Here's How Good Samaritans Stopped Crime With Firearms This Month
Mohave County Sheriff Doug Schuster presents a “Lifesaving Award” to Sherry King in Kingman, Ariz., July 2, 2018 | Photo courtesy of Mohave County Sheriff’s Office via St. George News

(Joshua Paladino, Liberty Headlines) The National Rifle Association identified a number of recent incidents in which gun owners protected themselves and other innocent civilians.

In four cases, armed samaritans were able to thwart criminals without firing a shot.

A 70-year-old Arizona woman did not even have to shoot the suspect for the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office to give her the “Lifesaving Award.”

Sherry King said a 34-year-old suspect, Darren Bruce Boone, pulled into her small business on July 2, St George News reported.

Deputy Jeff Davis followed behind Boone and asked for his driver’s license.

Boone did not cooperate and Davis tried to taser him.

King said she saw the suspect grab the taser then reach for the officer’s firearm.

“He reached around toward the deputy’s gun, and I just jumped him,” she said.

King said Boone pushed her down, at which point she pulled out her weapon and fired a warning shot into the air.

Boone fled the scene and a manhunt began.

The suspect later turned himself in, and he was charged with two felonies, aggravated assault on an officer and resisting arrest with physical force.

King said she has had a concealed carry permit since she was 25.

“My dad was a cop. I grew up on a firing range,” she said.

A grandson in Cleveland, Ohio protected his 79-year-old grandmother with a firearm on Wednesday, July 11, Cleveland.com reported.

A teenager approached the elderly woman, aimed a gun at her and said, “get out, I’m taking your car,” according to the incident report.

The grandson noticed the incident outside, grabbed his own firearm, and ordered the carjacker to leave his grandmother alone.

The teenage carjacker fled the scene.

A convenience store customer in Boonville, Missouri held a 26-year-old robber, Elijah Carter, at gunpoint until police arrived to arrest him on Friday, July 6, Fox4KC reported.

In Milwaukee, an armed waitress defended her co-worker who was assaulted by pointing her weapon at the attacker until he ran, Fox News reported.

Alderman Bob Donovan released footage of the incident that occurred at the George Webb restaurant.

“I thank God the other waitress had a concealed carry weapon, has a permit… I shudder to think, had she not been there and had she not had this weapon, what this guy might have done,” Donovan said.

Police have not arrested the attacker.

A few incidents this month required the armed citizen to use deadly force.

On July 2, a retired law enforcement officer used 2 AR-15s to stop a criminal on a rampage in Douglas County, Colorado, PoliceOne.com reported.

Police officers pursued 29-year-old Austin Benson, who had stolen a vehicle and shot randomly at passing cars during the chase.

Benson came to a campground, where retired officer Wesley Mattox was camping with his wife.

Benson pointed a rifle at Mattox before the retired officer pulled out an AR-15 and ordered the suspect to drop his weapon.

**MORE COVERAGE OF CITIZEN SELF-DEFENSE at LibertyHeadlines.com**

Benson fled in a vehicle while shooting at Mattox.

Mattox said he returned fire until Benson crashed.

The retired officer said he used all his ammunition, so he pulled a second rifle from his car and fired a single shot at Benson to see if he was conscious.

The suspect did not react.

Manitou Springs police arrived to find Benson alive but shot multiple times in the face and arm.

Benson faces six counts of attempted first-degree murder.

Police got into a high-speech chase with a man in Janesville, California on July 9, News 4 reported.

The suspect crashed his vehicle and fled on foot in a residential area.

He broke into a home, stole car keys, and began to drive away in a stolen vehicle.

The homeowner came outside with a handgun, and the suspect tried to run him over with the stolen vehicle.

The homeowner fired one bullet and killed the suspect.

Citizens use firearms for self-defense about 1.5 million times per year, according to a study funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Sponsored Links

JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 12:39pm
"...got into a high-speech chase..."   LOL
 fire arms are used in self-defense about 1.5 million times per year...
Why don't the liberal lunatics post those figures along with all the other garbage statistics they put up...? Oh yea, it wouldn't fit their narratives

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 12:45pm
1.5 MILLION ??  GEES............had no idea.
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 6:04pm

The retired officer said he used all his ammunition, so he pulled a second rifle from his car and fired a single shot at Benson to see if he was conscious.

That's how I'd check fer signs of life, too!Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:41am
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 6:41am
“...fire arms are used in self-defense about 1.5 million times per year...”

Where did that come from?   Or is it an estimate?
Dennis IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 7:30am
Originally posted by TramwayGuy TramwayGuy wrote:

“...fire arms are used in self-defense about 1.5 million times per year...”

Where did that come from?   Or is it an estimate?
What difference does it make stupid?  If they are used 10 times a year by police and law abiding citizens in self defense than it's all good!
HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE GOD CAN STAND BEFORE ANY MAN
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:11am
Tramie quote - "where did that number come from?" --- from the last sentence in the first post... and where did that come from?  Guess thats for you to figure out...

Citizens use firearms for self-defense about 1.5 million times per year, according to a study funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Listen Tammie, just because a gun did not kill somebody or get fired in preventing a robbery, rape or home invasion, etc., doesn't mean that it does not count at protecting the individual that has it in his hands and thwarted some lunatic bastard/s.
  Dennis, thank you for opening my eyes to something I disregarded in the past... and that would be how claims are made from a private citizen's respect, but include the guards and law enforcement, protecting lives of others as well as themselves, the numbers would be astronomical... the 1.5 million would be a paltry number.
  Yup, look at how much respect just having a police car in the area creates...Oh yea, we have them delusional BLMer's and the ANTIFA and the crazed goofie liberals marching and parading down streets and jump on and smash cars and set them on fire, specially the police cars... should just simply shoot those arses and teach them a lesson about respect.Shocked    Might make them dimwits a little smarter, or dead.  Theres a saying that not having any intelligence will kill you.LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 4:25pm
Once I had a carload of somalians try to get a jump on me while at a stoplight and a flash of a holstered pistol stopped them in their tracks. Was on my way to vote Nov. 8 2016 and had painted Trump on the side of my old pickup. Two days later I purchased a glock 19 because a felt five shots would not have been enough if the somalians had rushed me.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic