This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guess I wanna rebound,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guess I wanna rebound,,,,
    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:39pm

While I don't have an active fb account, I do use the marketplace quite a lot, but with current actions by them, I want to look into alternate sites that don't censor free speech. I used to use Craigs list until the marketplace started up and have not used craigs list since.
 Anybody got some good alternatives?
Sponsored Links

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 3:21am
No help Joe, that's what I use mostly too.  Too bad FB had to turn into one of the BAD guys.  I don't know, but what they are doing, I consider censorship.  They get by with it because Congress passed a law allowing them to do it and not be sued.  How the heck are they special?   Well, the chit's gonna hit the fan come Monday I guess.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 4:04am
what are they doing? i haven't seen any changes here yet.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

No help Joe, that's what I use mostly too.  Too bad FB had to turn into one of the BAD guys.  I don't know, but what they are doing, I consider censorship.  They get by with it because Congress passed a law allowing them to do it and not be sued.  How the heck are they special?   Well, the chit's gonna hit the fan come Monday I guess.....

Contributions would’ve the answer you’re looking for.
Somebody somewhere has something to hide and trying to stop the exposure
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 11:01am
I wanted to suspend my FB account but a friend did that and said he didn't have access to marketplace.  Just last week I sold a dryer and got a pair of tires and wheels, all within a few hours of posting.  FB makes money off me by selling my tracking information, not only on FB but FB also follows you throughout all internet activity, that's why you see ads pop up directly related to your computer activity.  Lately I have noticed that a ton of my circle of friends quit posting anything.  I wouldn't post anything political over there and have unfollowed a bunch of people that just spread the montra of the day.
I hope an alternative comes soon but the message has been sent, buck the powers to be and they will destroy you and anybody that closely associated with you, even if they have to make it up along the way.
Maximum use of available resources!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 2:21pm
Still post on FB and it seems political fact check has been slowed down but I have thought of giving up the politics on there anyway . 
 market place has been of use as sold the transfer case I bought off there that didn't fit my truck , but still have another transfer case I bought that was suppose to be good but was junk . So market place is ??? The New Holland (Arens) tractor I bought with mower and show blower for $300 still needs to have base gasket replaced on engine . Another project to do when i get my shop back . 
 Son has some listings on Market Place for his skid loader attachments and has sold several snow plows now off there .

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 3:11pm
Dont give up Facebook market place - theres a bunch of great deals on there as some people have no idea on the worth of stuff , 
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 6:07pm
I guess if you post something on FB and they censor it, it's their prerogative since they are the owner of the site. You can have your Freedom of Speech anywhere that is public!  I put a Free item on FB MP and it was flagged and they wouldn't let me post it.  Granted it was excess supplies I have from my urostomy.  But it's not something that you can use to kill yourself or get hi on.  I have to have a prescription to get the stuff, but that's so the insurance co. will pay for it.  There are people out there that don't have the resources to get this stuff, I did put it on CL and got a guy that wants it and sounds like he really needs it. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 8:32pm

Well,, when Craigs list was big,,I used it lots but since I started using The Marketplace I haven't even opened CL as there are now way too many sellers hawking new stuff on CL and have scaird off sellers with used stuff. I would like to delete FB because of what they done,,but i really like the Marketplace,,,,,CHIT,,!!
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:08am
Yea, I like the marketplace thing too. Have bought and sold a few things, but still look at CL also...ya never know what's gonna show up there...

I unfollowed a lot of political and news on FB, sure helps keep the BP down...
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:50am
I guess if you post something on FB and they censor it, it's their prerogative since they are the owner of the site. You can have your Freedom of Speech anywhere that is public!

Well, not really... If i ran a Bakery and posted NO GAYS OR BLACKS served here... I doubt you would  BACK the PRIVATE OWNER.  You can have censorship as long as you treat EVERYONE the same... Cant have 2 sets of rules... for black/ white ........... or   liberal/ conservative.

Edited by steve(ill) - 11 Jan 2021 at 9:53am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:10pm

Holi'iest CHIT,,,,I read somewhere that Fb lost over 60 million in trading this morning,,,thas just GREAT,,,I hope their B.O.D get together and FIRE that iranian lookin sob,,,,,same for them tweeeters,,,LOL,,chit I'm outa hereLOL,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic