This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gotta work tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gotta work tomorrow
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:33pm
Dad gum it, gotta get up at 6:00 am, make a road trip to get some more bee feed and return the boxes we got the new bees in. Then turn around and head for Menard's to get some treated lumber to make more raised beds for HER darn garden. I still got 7 nuke boxes of bees to put in standard hives. She's got plans to travel about 50 miles to look at a real motor home. Don't have room for a bath room in the 1 I built. Then I gotta put a couple of mud tires on the back of HER goof cart. Ain't retiredment fun.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 16 May 2018 at 10:34pm
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:57pm
dang...sounds like yer werk'in harder than when you was werk'in! what does she do while yer werk'in? oh...and what is bee food?
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:58pm
maybe you could buy Les's...he ain't using it!
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:18am
Slow down there Tom! bring your coffee cup and you can swing with me and the dogs on the porch as we watch people rushing to get to work, then we’ll decide what’s gonna get done today!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:17am
Tom,
 Better make room for a nap in there sometime too! 
Speaking of bees I need to get some medium supers on our 3 hives too.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:05am
Joe, you have the right perspective on retirement. I was working way too much after I retired but I slowed down this year so I can enjoy it more. When I used to take a few days off from work I would tell my wife I needed to go back to work so I could get some rest.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:39am
Hubert I'd love to stop in for a chat. Got everything done today except putting the mudder's on her goof cart. Dale, we usually use Cain sugar mixed 50/50 with almost boiling water put I qt. jars. These jars have a lid on them with small holes poked in them. The jars are turned upside down and put in a feeder. The bees are able to slip under them and suck the sugar water out of the jar. We keep these jars on the front of the hives until they have new bees wax honey comb built through the bottom two boxes. Then it has to be pulled. We don't want bees making honey out of sugar water this time of year. Its a mess. This year we have 29 new hives. They are taking a qt of feed every other day. This would keep me busy making feed every day using sugar and water. Old gal would be at Squall Mart every day buying sugar. However this year we decided to start using corn sirup. A 55 gallon barrell is a little over $200.00. That will last between 2 and 4 weeks. Why 29 new hives?? We started out with 40+ last year and lost all but 1 hive last winter. Quite expensive to do. I was in the shed most of the afternoon working on wooded ware. I gotta have another 100 frames glued together and filled with wax foundation by the end of next week. Shouldn't be a problem if the supplier gets the foundation here. I finally got a path around all the ford motors in my shed (sons), his Merc boat motor, around mother in laws stuff, my new shingles for the house and the lumber to enclose the front of her honey production building. I can now get to the back of the shed. I got 15 or 20 more deep boxes to pull outta there and clean up. Might have the cement crew coming next week + road trip to eastern Iowa to look at a class A motor home with a new 454. She looked at a class C tonight and figured out there is not enough storage in them for all the products we have to carry. I'm looking for volunteers😅. Before you all jump on the band wagon and volunteer, remember I ain't got no beer in the fridge, ain't got no steaks, don't even own a BBQ. Dont own a electric powered grease gun. Might find a single frozen pizza or a couple of squall mart frozen burritos. Please don't come a knocking between 1 and 3 in the afternoon, I get real growley if my knap gets interrupted or so the old gal says!!
Sugar maker I did get a honey super on the 1 remaining hive. Boy that old hive is nasty. These gals don't stop hitting on you. I might see if I can find the old queen and give her a little squeeze, if I can find another one next week. We got some marked VHS queens out a northern California this time. I've never gotten marked queens before, but these are so easy to see, I'll only order them marked from now on. Do you have a preference on the breed of bees you use? I think these are mostly Carneolian's. That isn't spelled right but I think you know what I am talking about. I do use AC tractors for this operation.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 18 May 2018 at 1:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic