This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

got the 6x6 home....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: got the 6x6 home....
    Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 2:38am
today, was in a buddies heated garage since coming home from CO. a new fuel pump and carb later, it's running fine!. took the old lady.....ooooooops.....i mean the loving wife out with me, got her sat in it, explained how it operates, kept getting that deer in the headlights look from her. a few more repeat instructions and my friend and myself both thought it was time for her to drive it out of the building.....both praying she don't panic and crash into anything before getting outside! she did good but stopped outside and tolt me to move the burb....! she drove it around, up and over pretty drifts, through more pretty, then came the time to load it on the trailer! she has never driven anything onto a trailer before! she did good, came right up the center and stopped when told to! tied it down and off we went! her lips was flappin all the way home. got it tarped over outside, prolly might try to play with it tomarrow. o-k...to settle your curiosity as to why I didn't drive it out and onto the trailer? well ya'll just thinks about it awhile...will tells ya later!
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 2:50am
 Well,,,Good Buddy and here I was thinking I was the only'ist one stayed up this kinda late,,,,NOT every nite but dang near,,,I woke up bout 30 mins ago WIDE AWAKE,,,,sheeesh,,,,,

Well, I'm sure glad you finally got the 6X6 going to where Ms Dee can start having fun on itClap  but do you still gots some SNOW on the ground so she can PLOW thru them drifts,,,??? Get yous camera ready,,,,,!!!!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 7:43am
 Shamer can't drive the 6X6 because as said before he can't get in behind the wheel.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 6:25pm
there ain't no steering wheel....it's gots 2 levers
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 7:06pm
If'n he gits in there it would take something with a lot of lifting capacity to gits him out! LOLLOLLOL
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 7:25pm
Get him in there. If he gets stuck, he can't reach the controls on the "machine "!!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 6:46am
hay Shameless.. if that 6x6 is an ARGO, they have service and parts manuals online for free !
in another post I rant about how the IDIOT 'engineers' gearclamp the starter solenoid on...sigh....
found another site and man I'm not th e1st one to wonder what kind of drugs they were on when they decided that was a good idea !

you need BOXES of bandaids and mirrors to work on them !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 1:47pm
Jay...this one is an MAX BUFFALO truck model, made in Florida. been in business for many years. lots of vid's on YouTube, and they also have a manuel on line. has a Kohler V-Twin engine....20 HP give or take. engine and tranny is pretty much out in the open, but appears changing the belt or any of the drive chains might be uncomfortable doing. glad i tarped it over last night since i forgot i had the spout aiming my way! i'm still thinking it might be trading material for a Polaris UTV. my legs don't climb as good as they used to. speaking of this, has anyonre on here ever made a man lift for a combine/tractor?
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 8:16pm
Got just what you need if your looking for the cherry picker bucket kind. It was mounted on a IH TD 14 dozer blade. I never measured but must lift 20 some feet. A veterinarian  bought a walnut orchard and teamed up with old time walnut grower and had it built by a real engineer and was more or less to meet OSHA standards for the 80's. They where going to prune real big walnut trees.

It ended up a 3 man job, one on tractor, one in bucket, and one moving the wood cut off, maybe even 2 to move brush. The crawler would walk over 6 or 8 inch limb OK, Confused but the bucket pitched like wild bronco. LOL Only used one season.  The first generation of gas pole pruners showed up. A fruit grower in Colorado, took a ECHO weed eater and built a chainsaw to take the place of the weed eater head. With extendable poles you could 15 to 18 feet high with a $1000 tool. Cut the wood out of the tree, half way line it up the pruning's, come with a brush rake on a dozer blade and your done. 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 7:39am
tractor man lift...
 bolt a step to the end of two 'linear actuators',wire and  mount onto tractor
open some silly 'ap' on your phone to lower the step, get on step, press 'up' on the phone and you're in the driver's seat.......
now you could do it with hydraulics but you'd have to be on the tractor to start it ,to get the cylinders to move and well if you're ON the tractor, you don't need the stair lift....
chicken and egg thing...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 9:14am
Wink Sorry I miss interrupted where shameless was going. LOL I was thinking bigger shout on the machine Wink higher up with the discharge to reach out and share his vision of perfection to more people.LOL

But he wants a easy way to get on the tractor.  Cry I could use that help myself. I have ideas Confused but who knows what would really work. A good starting place is FARM SHOW magazine. I believe all back issues are available on line at least going back a long time. I know things come up from them in links and I have disappeared down that rabbit hole for hours. So use your search and look for topics aids to get in tractor cab and other variations of said topic.

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:06am
Or maybe you just hook one of those mini tramps to the bottom step and start jumping up and down until you get high enough to step in the cab...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:12am
I borrowed a 4x4 tractor this last fall to disk up my acres...it had lots of steps up to the cab, my rigtht leg works pretty good but my left one don't! the meds I was taking took away my muscle mass and i'm not sure I'll be able to get that back enough by planting time. I no longer take that medication, but it might be to late...dunno yet. 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 6:09am
 UMMmmm,,,,,UMmmmm..maybe you could make Ole Les a Proposal he just cannot say "NO" too,,,,,,,,
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:57am
Mikez has a lift unit, you might check with him

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic