This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got er done

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got er done
    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 4:39pm
Finally finished the bad job this afternoon. All loaded up and gone. I’m glad I stuck it out even though there were times I just wanted to pack it up and leave. I’m betting the boss takes a serious beating on this one.
Sponsored Links

mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 5:15pm
Glad to here you are gone. Life is choices. Hope the boss learned something even though education can be expensive.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 5:44pm
And you've got to be a Hawaiian shorts with boots timer about now.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

And you've got to be a Hawaiian shorts with boots timer about now.

3 weeks til me my jeans and my boots hop on the puddle jumper.
The flight back is 8 hrs long. Why ain’t it the same as going. Is that place floating away or what?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 8:22pm

Well,,Thad,,I'm glad you stuck it out,,,thats gonna be worth extra geetus when it time for your annual evaluation and raise,,,,,,,,,,
Thas right you are headed for the Haiwaianns ain't ya'll,,,,,
Well,,you gots 3 weeks to start walkin around in shorts to get some sun on them legs ain't seen the sun in,,,,,in,,,a while,,,, Remember,,,,,Ms Jenn is wnatin you to "Do like the romans when in Rome,,,,so you gots to make her happy,,,!!!   AND,,,we want to see some pics,,,,Ya hear,,,,!!!!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 8:27pm
Congratulations there Thad...
Bet thats a big relief  for you not having to deal with those people.
 Now to wrap your head around the upcoming Hawaiian trip...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 8:56pm
YEAH!!!  you stuck to your guns and made it through!!  CONGRATS!
Now you've got a well deserved vacation comin and don't fergit,,,,,,,,,them pictures!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 9:00pm
Good for you Thad for sticking around and seeing the job through! If your itinerary takes you near Pearl Harbor go! That place is where World War 2 started for America. I have been there and it is an eye opening experience!
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 9:35pm
Be sure to see the battleship Missouri also across from the Missouri is the Oklahoma Memorial. Look for Ltjg. Al Schmidt my second cousin. Went down with the Oklahoma.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 5:01am
Originally posted by klinemar klinemar wrote:

Good for you Thad for sticking around and seeing the job through! If your itinerary takes you near Pearl Harbor go! That place is where World War 2 started for America. I have been there and it is an eye opening experience!
from

I’ve always wanted to go to Pearl Harbor. She knows that and I think that’s why we’re going there. I don’t know what all she has planned but the Missouri is one thing and she booked a whale watching tour. I hope the Dramamine works. LOL

Edited by Thad in AR. - 28 Feb 2019 at 5:02am
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 6:24am
We went to the Aviation museum also. It took us two days to see it all.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 6:32am
Originally posted by allis g allis g wrote:

We went to the Aviation museum also. It took us two days to see it all.

Is that near Pearl Harbor? She says we’re not renting a car. I reckon we’re taking a bus or who knows. She’s been there and knows her way around. I want to see that museum. WW2 aircraft??
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 6:39am
Av. Museum is real near the Missouri. It’s on ford island you have to take a bus out there. Try and be there for morning colors 0800. The cars stop on the bridge people get out and stand facing the flag.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:05am
When my wife and I was at the Aviation Museum I saw bullet holes in the control tower! They have been left as a reminder of the attack!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:21am
Good to hear on the job.  Earned your stripes this year fo sho!Thumbs Up

Enjoy your trip, you earned it, and it should be a great time with the Mrs.  Hopefully your whale watching cruise is more productive than the one we tried off CA.  Nice boat ride, lots of sea lions, some dolphins, but no whales. 
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:46am
The control tower and museum hanger are historic sites. They have to leave the bullet holes there. Look around outside there are chunks out of the concrete from bullets too.
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 9:08am
Have a good time Thad.  You'll look great wearing boots with those shorts.  Probably won't need your heavy coat for awhile.  On that airplane ride back, maybe you have a longer lay over somewhere....guessing you're riding through Dallas.  Usually the flights west to east are shorter due to favorable tailwinds on the return.  Grab yourself some cheap snorkeling gear at the Wally World there in Arkansas and then buy a bag of frozen veggies when you get there......go out swimming and spread those veggies....fish come from all over! 
And remember, the best things on that island are free (sunsets, sunrises, lounging on the beach, rainbows, etc)  Everything else is rather costly.....
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 11:16am
We stayed on Maui and flew to Honolulu. We took a whale watching tour and it was quite informative. I could spot the whales from quite a distance. Captain complimented me on my eyesight said I would make a good sailor. I told him I make a better Farmer as spotting things from a distance comes from looking across big open fields! Also picking up movement from hunting Deer! The weather is paradise! If it rains in the morning,dry by afternoon. 80 degrees year around. And on Maui no humidity as the trade winds blowing it away. I would move there in a heartbeat but too far away and too expensive!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Scott B Scott B wrote:

Have a good time Thad.  You'll look great wearing boots with those shorts.  Probably won't need your heavy coat for awhile.  On that airplane ride back, maybe you have a longer lay over somewhere....guessing you're riding through Dallas.  Usually the flights west to east are shorter due to favorable tailwinds on the return.  Grab yourself some cheap snorkeling gear at the Wally World there in Arkansas and then buy a bag of frozen veggies when you get there......go out swimming and spread those veggies....fish come from all over! 
And remember, the best things on that island are free (sunsets, sunrises, lounging on the beach, rainbows, etc)  Everything else is rather costly.....

Scott I’m trying to decide if you’re being nice or setting me up for shark bait. I like the snorkeling idea. I hope for some R&R on the beach but Jenny ain’t much for sitting around. She’ll have us on the go.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 11:20am
What a difference. Yesterday we were in a warm house full of wacky weed smoke with Buffalo Springfield on the stereo and today I’m on the wrong end of a jack hammer in a dirty factory and I’m happier today.👍
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 11:36am
Good job Thad, Its some of those not so good things in life that help us grow and appreciate the good things! Enjoy your vacation!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:41pm
Hey, I'm glad you finally woke up and escaped that nightmareClap!!  Enjoy your vacation.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:01pm
When we went it was longer going than coming home because we had a tail wind, we flew from Atlanta all the way no stop, talk about flat but. There is a zoo and aquarium also that was nice to see, just relax and enjoy.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 10:49pm
You can take the bus all around Honolulu, a lot cheaper then a tour bus or whatever and you can stay as long or short in any place. 
I think sharks go for red meat, shouldn't be too interested in fruit and veggies.  It's not worth hauling the snorkeling gear all the way there and back, just rent them for the day or longer.
My favorite place is Kauai, the garden island.

Oh, and Congratulations on finishing the job.  The Buffalo Springfield wouldn't be bad, not so much the weed.

Edited by JohnCO - 28 Feb 2019 at 10:50pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 11:32pm
It used to be that in Honolulu you could go to the old Pro Bowl Stadium on Wednesdays and attend the weekly swap meet and buy all your Hawaii souvenirs dirt cheap.
JoeO(C-MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(C-MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 4:05am
I went with my wife to the islands, toured some, rode the interstate , went to Pearl Harbor, WWII Memorials, a tour around the island.  She had meetings to go to so one morning I hiked up Diamond Head, interesting.  I want to go back to see some things again, also the other islands.
The WWII memorials make you think about what was happening!
D10 III, D15 II 3 pt, D15 II SC, 170 Gas w/shuttle, 175 Diesel UI ROPS, 185 w ROPS. AC 653 w/6 way blade, ROPS
AC 615 Ind. WD45 running/Parts.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 4:47am
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

You can take the bus all around Honolulu, a lot cheaper then a tour bus or whatever and you can stay as long or short in any place. 
I think sharks go for red meat, shouldn't be too interested in fruit and veggies.  It's not worth hauling the snorkeling gear all the way there and back, just rent them for the day or longer.
My favorite place is Kauai, the garden island.

Oh, and Congratulations on finishing the job.  The Buffalo Springfield wouldn't be bad, not so much the weed.

I agree on the Buffalo Springfield. They had a little Bose radio that isn’t 3” tall and 6” long that sounded amazing. It would of fit nicely in my tool belt. Lol
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 8:28am
 Dang,,!!!!  all this talk bout Hawaii makes a guy think bout makin a trip like that  but,,,,but,,,with MY take on the ocean bein SOOoooooo deep,,,They'd have to move them islands lots more closer to the mainland where you could walk across from Long Beach pier,,,and if they can't,,,,,,,then I ain't going,,,!!!!  (can't swim worth a chit, I can't) ,,,,,Wink
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 8:40am
have a friend that just left hawaii for tucson az after two years there. hated it, so dirty, lots of homeless and everything way over priced. also crap for healhtcare. couldn't get out of there fast enough.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:38am
Yea it's always greener on the other side of the fence, till you get stuck there and really have a look around. Except at my north 40. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 01 Mar 2019 at 10:38am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic