This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

good day at the auction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ky wonder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky wonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: good day at the auction
    Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 10:12pm
i went to the local consignment sale today and picked up a bank repoed red 986, that ran good , 5400 hours, radial rear 18.4x38s @80%, three rib fronts at 60% straight metal, missing grill insert, cab only had winshield glass, doors and all other glass gone, seat ugly,all major systems work, screwdriver/selonoid start, drove good, gears quiet, normal faded ih paint, winning bid at $2550.00 plus 5%,
then i picked up a  solid old howse 10' trail type  heavy duty rotary cutter, with free turning boxes,  for $450.00,

they sold a tractor trailer load of new treated post, 5"x7', 32 to the bundle at $100.00
3"x8' 40 to the bundle at the same price.

today cash was king
i like old tractors of all colors
Sponsored Links

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 11:42pm
good job!
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:12am
Sounds like a heck of a deal. Gut feeling says "cash is king" is about to be more common...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
ky wonder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ky wonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 10:59am
i found out today that i knew the young farmers family who lost the tractor, it looks like he got caught up in the housing bust and had built a new big house just before everthing went bust, then got laid off from  his factory job about the same time, causing him to loose the house and finally everything he owned.
 he had been cash renting ground to farm on. and was making a very small pofit so i have worked out a way for him to buy his tractor back from me, At my cost, that involves him doing some bushhogging work for me , and rented him some crop ground on shares.

so my initial thought of making a quick flip for a profit, will become a short term 3 year investment that should make us both a little money
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 11:08am
That's what does make us Americans GREAT. Thanks for being human and working with those in need!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JohnCinMd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCinMd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 11:38am
You're a good man!
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 12:08pm
Good for you. Some times you don't have a clue when you get up in the morning how your day will end. LOL
AGCO My Allis Gleaner Company
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:20pm
Makes you feel good, did the same for a kid who had to sell his dad's deer rifle.  Told him barring a disaster he could have it back any time for the same money I paid.  Three years later he returned, freshly discharged from the army with money in hand.
Maximum use of available resources!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:39pm
Larry, you did the right thing. Nice to see  that people still do what is right even when they don't have to do so. And your reward will come somewhere down the road.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:41pm
Guess my avatar was too ugly and has been taken off.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 3:06pm
Got it back on there!
ky wonder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky wonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 9:57am
i followed that little voice i heard speaking to me after learning at church who the kid was, they sold his pickup saturday as well, it was a sharp 2004 ford f150, 4 wheel drive and it sold for $3900.00, which was cheap but i am a gmc guy so i never bid on the truck.

i know that i am not a banker but i believe that the large banks, that have bought up all the small local banks, have lost their community roots and dont look at the man anymore they probably will end up losing money by forceing this guy into bankrupcy, when they could have worked with him. and showed him a way through this rough time
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 10:20am
good for you.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 10:22am
It's heart warming to hear of this, may GOD bless you for doing the right thing!!
Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 11:27am
Wonder, good on ya man. Not many around that would do that since its all about money now.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 11:56am
God will bless you with something special down the road.  Nice to see people are still the 'old' way.  I have a truck that I did this with a kid down on his luck.  He plans on getting it back this summer he has told me.  I'm gonna miss it.  LOL  
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 11:57am
Heart warming.  You can't have too many friends, and the young folks now are having  a pretty tough time of it.   I once heard from a respected elderly friend the phrase "How do you want to be remembered".  I'm sure there are good memories in these actions for all concerned.

Ethan Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 12:03pm
Awesome!
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
Linn V View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linn V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 12:43pm

I hope the guy on the receiving end, someday will remember what you've done for him and return the favor to someone in the same position.Nice job, it's guys like you that restore my faith in mankind. Remember, there is no man so tall as the one who stoops to extend his hand to those in need. Random acts of kindness, gotta love it!

1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 2:41pm
how great thou art. all the bad things you hear about every day, there are still some great people out there. hope your blessings return to you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic