This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Golf cart help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobkyllo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Golf cart help
    Posted: 5 hours 54 minutes ago at 2:50am
I found a mechanic special yamaha golf cart 1994 model year. I think it's called a g5 model.

Any way it did not run. So I did some poking around and decided the ignition box was bad. Ordered one from the Amazon. It come with a new coil also. Put it on and it run great. I'm happy as a lark. Although I notice idle isn't any good. It ways to buck and lurch. It'll also back fire. Called original owner he said it has done that for some time now. He tried adjusting a micro switch on the gas pedal.

Oh well it runs I'll use it faster then idle. Well today I went to use it and it spun over no fire. Kick the tires mutter some words of anger and walk away. 10 minutes later calmed down going to try it again. Climbed on and vroom away we go.

What might be giving me a intermittent no start.

P.s. original owner said it was giving him a occasional no start. Until it turned into a no start for good and that's when I come into the picture
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 22 minutes ago at 6:22am
Maybe the ignition switch is 'gimpy' ??
It's probably 30 years old, had 100,000 turns ,and well...some things just don't last forever...
Check with test light at switch,then starter to see IF  power is going to where it should be.
You 'should' be able to get a wiring diagram for the beast. THAT is a must !!
electrical IS easy WHEN you have the wiring diagram.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 17 minutes ago at 6:27am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
ekjdm14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekjdm14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 16 minutes ago at 6:28am
Yes, wiring diagram would be very helpful. I know with some motorcycle CDI/ignition boxes a bad ground can cause it to have weak/intermittent spark and eventually kill the box so maybe checking grounds would be a good start.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic