This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Going to look at a AC 8030 - tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 4:49am
That sounds like a good tractor to walk away from.noisy tranny? Yuk!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Sponsored Links

slowzuki View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowzuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 12:42pm
Yes whirring and clacking from down below.  I've driven other high hour tractors that sounded like that for hundreds of hours but its not confidence building.

Park postion blocked out with washers as well.  See some of my pics below.

Still waiting on more history if they can find old owner through some friends.

Edited by slowzuki - 22 Dec 2014 at 12:53pm
GWS View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 4:54pm
Hey VAfarmboy, I think you're missing out on a nice little sideline! Most of the noses on 8000 series that I've seen have at least some kind of cosmetic damage. A guy could do several every winter for some nice Christmas cash. :)
slowzuki View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowzuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 8:50pm
Another update, the seller contacted the folks that went bankrupt.  The last 3 years at that place they had lost their mechanic therefore the half arsed repairs.  They used it for many years (5,10?) after buying it from a CAT dealer for snow removal at a beef processing plant and a farm and other properties and field work.  

It had been bought not running from the cat dealer, they had done a lot of work but never got it running.  The construction company had an old AC mechanic look at it and something about the new injectors weren't installed right.

The forage harvester box was in the cab when it came from CAT.

I put almost 2000 hours on my little tractor in less than 10 years mainly doing snow removal and raking/tedding.  Hours are definitely suspect.
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 9:22pm
I would walk away also sir. Don't know enough about these tractors, but you got a lot of wisdom on here to help you find the correct one. Best of luck sir. Take care Darryl
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
slowzuki View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowzuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 9:43pm
Fully planning to walk away just want to finish following up the post with the real history if it comes out and I'll add the seller contact info incase someone wants to make an offer.

Onto looking at a White 2-135 mfwd that has come up.

Originally posted by DarrylinWA DarrylinWA wrote:

I would walk away also sir. Don't know enough about these tractors, but you got a lot of wisdom on here to help you find the correct one. Best of luck sir. Take care Darryl

Edited by slowzuki - 22 Dec 2014 at 9:44pm
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 4:35am
Aint nuthin but heartache there!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
GM Guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 3:04am
at least a 2-135 is a heck of a nice tractor. If you said you were off to pay 20 grand for a 4430 deere, expect a raft of headed your way. :)
Gleaner: the properly engineered and built combine.

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic