Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glyphosate AGAIN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glyphosate AGAIN
    Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:22pm
France the cases died in court, all over Europe the cases FAILED to derive any statistical documentation as to connectivity of Glyphosate to Clients diseases. NOW there are two prominent courts cases in the US, one in CA(we know how that will end) and one in St. Louis. Neither person's health care consultants can absolutely attribute their disease to the material, out of 54,000 cases(lawsuits) in CA, 47,000 were considered as possible then only 4000+ ever showed ANY connection to using Roundup for any time to any level of quantity. This should never EVER have gotten to court.

Edited by DMiller - 10 Jul 2018 at 5:23pm
Sponsored Links

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:12am
I guarantee that Roundup affects people. I believe glyphosate mimics estrogen which brings estrogen levels up unnaturally which affects men and especially developing young boys and babies, even in the womb.

Here is an article covering a little of what glyphosate can do

Edited by Lonn - 11 Jul 2018 at 7:43am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:34am
Glysophate?  Hahaha
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Glysophate?  Hahaha
I did bat .500

Fixed it.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:45am
.500 ain't bad.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:04pm
Been studies on top of studies and the ONLY ones claiming anything of Glyphosate are those as the link, Super Greenies that cannot stand anything but natural everything, in other words Flower Children as my own Sis In Law!!

No links in the TRUE Scientific and Health communities at large to link ANY form of cancer to Glyphosate, and they test at EXTREMELY high levels to see how bad can be.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:07pm
My concern is the estrogen aspect of it all.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:13pm
That is just dreamed up as another FALSE aspect that the science community shot down. Would have to BATHE in the stuff routinely to get the effect, EXTREMELY HIGH LEVELS which most of us will never see.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28711546
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:11pm
    The point that I always bring up is how many farmers do you know that are your neighbors that have cancer from using Round Up ? I ask my doctor on a regular basis how many patients has he treated or referred for further treatment due to Round Up. The number is always zero . I have been using Round Up since its inception in the early 70s. We started with the wick rope and the pump sprayer and at the time were never worried about hand , eye or face protection from drift. Now, being 40 some odd years older we handle it  more appropriately. Getting older means growing smarter in the use of any chemical or work approach. And one last note, I know that we have all inhaled Round Up many times. Duane  
Dad always said," If you have one boy, you have a man. If you have two boys, you have two boys". "ALLIS EXPRESS"
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:19pm
Please read this,,,,,,,,, it should answer many questions...........
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2000 Apr;31(2 Pt 1):117-65.

Safety evaluation and risk assessment of the herbicide Roundup and its active ingredient, glyphosate, for humans.

Abstract

Reviews on the safety of glyphosate and Roundup herbicide that have been conducted by several regulatory agencies and scientific institutions worldwide have concluded that there is no indication of any human health concern. Nevertheless, questions regarding their safety are periodically raised. This review was undertaken to produce a current and comprehensive safety evaluation and risk assessment for humans. It includes assessments of glyphosate, its major breakdown product [aminomethylphosphonic acid (AMPA)], its Roundup formulations, and the predominant surfactant [polyethoxylated tallow amine (POEA)] used in Roundup formulations worldwide. The studies evaluated in this review included those performed for regulatory purposes as well as published research reports. The oral absorption of glyphosate and AMPA is low, and both materials are eliminated essentially unmetabolized. Dermal penetration studies with Roundup showed very low absorption. Experimental evidence has shown that neither glyphosate nor AMPA bioaccumulates in any animal tissue. No significant toxicity occurred in acute, subchronic, and chronic studies. Direct ocular exposure to the concentrated Roundup formulation can result in transient irritation, while normal spray dilutions cause, at most, only minimal effects. The genotoxicity data for glyphosate and Roundup were assessed using a weight-of-evidence approach and standard evaluation criteria. There was no convincing evidence for direct DNA damage in vitro or in vivo, and it was concluded that Roundup and its components do not pose a risk for the production of heritable/somatic mutations in humans. Multiple lifetime feeding studies have failed to demonstrate any tumorigenic potential for glyphosate. Accordingly, it was concluded that glyphosate is noncarcinogenic. Glyphosate, AMPA, and POEA were not teratogenic or developmentally toxic. There were no effects on fertility or reproductive parameters in two multigeneration reproduction studies with glyphosate. Likewise there were no adverse effects in reproductive tissues from animals treated with glyphosate, AMPA, or POEA in chronic and/or subchronic studies. Results from standard studies with these materials also failed to show any effects indicative of endocrine modulation. Therefore, it is concluded that the use of Roundup herbicide does not result in adverse effects on development, reproduction, or endocrine systems in humans and other mammals. For purposes of risk assessment, no-observed-adverse-effect levels (NOAELs) were identified for all subchronic, chronic, developmental, and reproduction studies with glyphosate, AMPA, and POEA. Margins-of-exposure for chronic risk were calculated for each compound by dividing the lowest applicable NOAEL by worst-case estimates of chronic exposure. Acute risks were assessed by comparison of oral LD50 values to estimated maximum acute human exposure. It was concluded that, under present and expected conditions of use, Roundup herbicide does not pose a health risk to humans.

You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:26am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

That is just dreamed up as another FALSE aspect that the science community shot down. Would have to BATHE in the stuff routinely to get the effect, EXTREMELY HIGH LEVELS which most of us will never see.

It is not dreamed up. There are a lot of chemicals that have estrogen mimickers in them. And there are plenty of studies that show you are wrong. And you must consider the totality of all these chemicals combined that you and I are exposed to every second of our lives.

Just like with plastics being bad for your health. I argued in my lab that there are plenty of studies showing BPA plastics as giving fertility problems, referring to studies I read. Of course no major science publication would publish the study so my colleagues would refer to that fact that no "credible" publications had been made proving such. But then a couple years later, the one colleague that was most vocal against my argument moved on to another lab in Oklahoma where they had, by accident, discovered that very thing. That was nearly 10 years ago. Now it is common knowledge.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/221205.php
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:57am
Have to look to the article sources Lonn, if NOT a Medical Group but a Green Weenie group with claims they are most times FALSE. Yes there are a great deal of Estrogen mimickers out there, but as I stated, one would have to bathe in them DAILY for long time durations at full strength to develop ANY effect and that IS based on medical testing.

Note the article above, "NOT Bioaccumulated", in other words does not retain at a cellular level, is passed predominantly entirely intact, is NOT readily Absorbed. Is similar to Tordon, can put it in dog drinking water, whatever they pee on organically will die, they will show NO effects. Kind of a mean spirited joke if neighbors leave dogs run loose.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 7:02am
Not much different than most things.  Who pays for the study gets the result they want.  The commoner is left to pick a side.  Coffee anyone?  Or is it bad for you now?
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 7:36am

one would have to bathe in them DAILY for long time durations at full strength to develop ANY effect and that IS based on medical testing.

You are just plain wrong with that assessment.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Not much different than most things.  Who pays for the study gets the result they want.  The commoner is left to pick a side.  Coffee anyone?  Or is it bad for you now?
Even the most skeptic person in my lab changed her mind on BPA plastics based on what she accidentally discovered while doing research for something totally different. After years of not hearing from her she was exited enough about her accidental finding that she contacted me about it. After receiving new water bottles for their rats, the fertility dropped significantly and she couldn't figure it out until she switched back to glass bottles. That's just a fact that confirmed in her mind what previous studies showed that were published by magazines not so readily accepted by the established science big boys. Now it is pretty much accepted across the board. So BPA is being replaced by new plastics and now studies are showing that some of the new plastics aren't so good either so that battle will be fought all over again.

Don't forget, Monsanto is always heavily involved in running the FDA.

Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:38am
You are know speaking of something KNOWN carcinogenic as well as bio accumulative unlike Glyphosate. Get a valid study or give up, guessing makes one look bad.

Edited by DMiller - 13 Jul 2018 at 9:38am
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:45am

When Round Up hits dirt its inert. If the conditions were dusty I increased the rate.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:12am
A rare topic not divided strictly and only along liberal conservative lines!  It's a perfect microcosm of argument dynamics though.

Give me a source!

Here's your source!

That's not a valid source!

Pretty much sums up most arguments.  Choose a side and ride it into the ground, never convincing the other your opinion at least has merit if not full agreement.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:13am
Guessing? I have access to all sorts of studies showing evidence of increased risk factors to human health by chemicals such as glyphosate. Go through the several studies that BMJ  Journals has published. It is just ridiculous that you're arguing that there are none. Turn off the Monsanto news that cherry picks only studies that show no effect. Look at them all.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

It is not dreamed up. There are a lot of chemicals that have estrogen mimickers in them. And there are plenty of studies that show you are wrong. And you must consider the totality of all these chemicals combined that you and I are exposed to every second of our lives.

Just like with plastics being bad for your health. I argued in my lab that there are plenty of studies showing BPA plastics as giving fertility problems, referring to studies I read. Of course no major science publication would publish the study so my colleagues would refer to that fact that no "credible" publications had been made proving such. But then a couple years later, the one colleague that was most vocal against my argument moved on to another lab in Oklahoma where they had, by accident, discovered that very thing. That was nearly 10 years ago. Now it is common knowledge.

I guess its appropriate then Lonn, spraying Roundup on one the worst estrogen mimickers around, soybeans.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by NEVER green NEVER green wrote:

Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

I guess its appropriate then Lonn, spraying Roundup on one the worst estrogen mimickers around, soybeans.
Yes, you have a point and my family takes in as little soybean product as possible.

There are worse chemicals than glyphosate. Much worse. My point is that it does affect people contrary to DMiller's point that it doesn't without bathing in it.

Since you brought up soybeans, ever wonder why there are so many more effeminate boys today than 30 or 40 years ago? I do. I have a friend who has all boys and she raised them all on soymilk from the time they were born. Nice boys and very tall but very effeminate, especially one. I've always wondered about that. Family background displays zero effeminate males on either side. I don't know if that has been studied at all nor do I think any scientist in any major institute would dare to study that issue. It is one of those untouchable subjects that are not allowed any discussion or you will lose your job and career. But that is a whole other topic.How's that for opening a can of worms. Big smile
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 1:43pm

Lonn, the muscle building rags have been warning about taking in estrogen for years, mentioning soybeans. Remember soy has only recently been introduced the food chain since seventies or so. The last thing a Mans body should ingest is estrogen, messes with a lot of things, tough being a Man these days. I also believe it screws up the girls as well.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 1:48pm
Just don't drink the Roundup... Don't do you any good, and it tastes like sh*t !!
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 1:49pm
Now I will put a few observations and previous experiences from others on here, you can believe or stay in disbelief, but will tell you so you can maybe think about it. A fellow a mile from here was a big supporter of modern chemicals for controlling weeds in his crops and if he didn't get the control he wanted, he would put more on... His son had birth defects, the family close to his east field had a son that had birth defects, and the family on the south end of this man's property had a son that also had birth defects not to mention another family that had a child that was autistic. What was the common denominator to those families? all were within winddrift of that one farm.believe that was back in the mid 70's.  and knowing that farmer, when glyphosphate came on the market, he would be the first to use it.... he developed shanking back in the late 80's, and by 2000, he started showing dementia and has now been dead for years.
  Another fellow that was first demonstrating how safe this "new chemical" was, took a glass of water and poured some out of a jug into the water and drank it. He developed cancer and was dead in 5 years. It was said he had done that stunt many times to prove how safe it was in his first year selling it. I have to say this, I was not there to observe this, but another was who was a friend to him. and that fellow since has passed away also, so can not ask for the name of the northwest regional salesman back then.
 My friend that worked at the local telephone company, nicest fellow you could ever meet, one day didn't feel good and went to the clinic and they ran many tests and he had cancer... the kind of cancer the farm boys get.  Why was this cancer, 'the kind the farm boys get'? Because that was the one type of cancer that hit that certain group of people... wasn't so much the old men, but the kids that grew up on the farms... when they were most receptive to what the chemicals could do to them. The docs told him that it was 'treatable' and went through chemo and other things... but it came back and killed him in the end... of course which chemicals did that to him? Was it 2-4D, or atrazin or was it the roundup they used? or the pyrytions in the flyspray used in the barns? they could tell but they knew it was from the chemicals that were used and more pointedly was at the weed sprays he said. He died at about age 42.
  Talking about plastics, they talk about howmicrowaves produce carcinogins into the foods from when cooking them in plastic... and that maybe a big reason for such a rise in cancers in the developed countries.... but lets go back to this modern fad of bottled water... everybody seems to be drinking boughton water these days... a fellow I kniw stopped one day and we were talking and he said his wife had breast cancer.. I asked him how long she had it and he said it seemed to come on pretty fast, she had just been screened the year earlier. But then she got on the kick to drink more water and and was buying it. Asked him if she left the water in the sun and he looked at me and said she would leave water in the car, in the seat and open them and drink them down even if they were hot. Well I had just heard about bottled water having carcinogins from the plastic when left in the sunlight.  So what you see taking place around you may not be as safe as you think it is...or told that it is.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Just don't drink the Roundup... Don't do you any good, and it tastes like sh*t !!
Question is how do you know what sh*t tastes like? Wink
But if you don't know just ask a dairy farmer. Sick

Wink
I am a Russian Bot
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 2:13pm
LOL...........Thumbs Up   LOL   Shocked
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
JohnH123 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnH123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 2:56pm

Been studies on top of studies and the ONLY ones claiming anything of Glyphosate are those as the link, Super Greenies that cannot stand anything but natural everything, in other words Flower Children as my own Sis In Law!!

No links in the TRUE Scientific and Health communities at large to link ANY form of cancer to Glyphosate, and they test at EXTREMELY high levels to see how bad can be.

guess who paid for the studies...
Ignorance is curable- stupidity is not. ~427435

weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:39pm
Follow the money,  follow who paid for the studies,  they will get the results they want every time!
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
JohnH123 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnH123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 7:48pm
exactly. When the company is willing to frame someone by forgery, I am un-inclined to give them any credibility. 

Ignorance is curable- stupidity is not. ~427435

JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:24pm
Here is the real killer,  Monsanto .
  Monsanto has a bunch of lawyers ready at hand, they have several sitting in government right now that have been associated with monsanto... and they use to have a bunch of lobbyists up there too... haven't heard a word about them for awhile... 
 Not going to talk about weed chems, but instead about the genetics of plants... a private farmer goes ad buys seed that has no licensing or patents on the seed and he plants it, or like some real old conservative farmers that had seed and kept harvesting their own seed every year and replants it... and then some neighbor comes along with his seed that he bought from the likes of monsanto and plants it along side the old farmers crop and all of a sudden, when the pollinating is taking place, the monsanto crap gets blown into the old farmers crop... Monsanto knows it happened and they go to the bins of the old farmer and pull samples and and find a trace of their genetics in his seed and then they claim it as theirs. That is down right appalling... In selling that seed of theirs, they should have made sure that their own genetics stay in the field that it was planted in, and if the winds blow it into the neighbors crop, then they should have to pay for the damage to him.... Kinda like the monsanto hellstein BULL jumps over the fence and breeds the farmers young Hereford heifers... genetics he did not want in his animals... but MO is so big, they go and get the judge to award themselves monsanto bull owner the farmer's heifers because they have MO's heredity in them now.... MO should be made to pay all the farmers that they contaminated with their genetics that drifted in on them via the breeze and bees.
 look at this link and watch the vid... says how it is. and it is from 2010
 Monsanto sued and tried to seize Percy Schmeiser and his wife's farm and property... and monsanto doesn't stop.
  In Germany there is a Schmeiser law and it is that big corps can't go after the farmer like they tried on Percy.
  Funnier part is this link is from Democracy NOW!.   LOL

The last sentence Percy says in the video about having come full circle in less than a hundred years...from surf and feudal systems... to corporation control....
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic