This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gleaner Rearend can be used for a WIDE WD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gleaner Rearend can be used for a WIDE WD?
    Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 5:25pm
I've been told that an old Gleaner combine was basically a WD turned around backwards and the rear stearing wheels and assembly is the same as a wide front that would fit on a WD or WD45?
Not being familier with Gleaner combines,,,is somebody pulling my leg here?
www.allischalmersmuseum.com
Sponsored Links

John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 6:43pm
Gleaner combine axles and WD/WD45 axles are totally unrelated and unlikely to be interchangeable in any way. I just looked at my Gleaner A, E, C and F manuals and don't see anything that could be construed as similar. Now, if you are talking about the 100 or SP100 ALLCrop, there is an engine similarity.
LarryWC In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 7:16pm
Thanks John,,no, I knew some of the engines would interchange,,but I had no idea about using a rear steered combine to convert a WD or WD45 to a wide front.
Thanks again!
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 7:27pm
Hey Larry, not to say that it can't be done, but this tractor took some major engineering, cutting, bending and welding to get it where it was. Really a cool project but far from a bolt up deal. I think he said it was a Gleaner F axle. 

Edited by John (C-IL) - 03 Apr 2010 at 7:28pm
BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 8:06pm
that is SWEEET!!!!
Denis in MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis in MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 8:37pm
I saw a guy use a combine rear axle for the front axle on a cockshutt tractor.
1938 B, 1945 B, 1941 IB, 1949 C, 2 1938 WCs, 3 1950 WDs, 1951 WD, 2 1955 WD45, 1957 D-14
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 9:16pm
WOW!!!!!!! A double WD!!!!
That's pretty cool John!!!!

Edited by LarryWC In - 03 Apr 2010 at 9:17pm
CDR,Ky. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDR,Ky. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 9:36pm
I saw that extended WD at the Orange Spectacular once and it was really something to see! 
If you first don't succeed then you'se brute force!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 11:34pm
So I wonder what the actual HP is on that beast!
acd21man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd21man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 8:39pm
our f2  got hit by a girl goin  70 mph. while going to the hospital cause her baby had a temp of 106. she never had a scrach on her . i was gona drive it but i was tired and daddy drove it off the trailler  then it looked like a bullit the combin did a donnut in the road and she went to the ditch
2 wd 45,2 D-17 diesel/gas 3 pt, 220,d21, 4020,2 4430s used daily http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCudh8Xz9_rZHhUC3YNozupw
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic