This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190 narrow front end

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwd45di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190 narrow front end
    Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 4:57pm
I was wondering if anyone has made a narrow front on here that resembles the orignal narrow front? I like to make one for my pulling tractor and like to hear or see some ideas how you did it.
Sponsored Links

Bryan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 5:04pm
Dad made one out of a WD back when he pulled
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 6:22pm
Theres a guy who pulled a 210 on this forum who made one for a D21,,, maybe hes got some ideas
Shawn PA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 8:55pm
Start with a D17 narrow front and make it fit
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 7:19am
I have a D 17 narrow front on my Allis D 21 puller. Very simple. Flat plate on bottom, bolt 17 front up to plate, add cylinder and eye into a ear and done. Simple, clean and a lot of room. Thanks Darryl
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
Shawn PA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 7:49am
Darryl can you post pics of it. Like looking up from underneath. Thanks. Shawn
acwd45di View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwd45di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 5:02pm
Darryl i like to some pics too thanks for the replys everyone
acwd45di View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwd45di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 6:19pm
I understand what you did now but like to see a better view how you did your cylinder arm bracket and was wondering for pulling how thick of steel did you use for the plate,1/2" or thicker?
dbounds View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:15am
Maybe Darryl will post some pics, but as I recall I think I used 1/2" plate and cross braced it with 1/2x 2" flat upright and used an E gleaner cylinder mounted in frame rail for steering. D17 narrow front bolted to plate and added another top bearing for extra support in top plate. All was designed to be removable if D21 was put back to stock. Can't imagine much of any difference with a 190 (little narrower). Just brace it good and careful dropping the cast out from underneath the 190. The cast of the D21 was 1000#.Not hard to do. Good luck. Doyle
acwd45di View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwd45di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:20am
Dbounds i was gonna do exactly what you said with the plate and crossmembers but still trying to figure out the steering arm, why didnt you use the stock cylinder from the steering of the wide front?
dbounds View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:35am
The gleaner cylinder was smaller in diameter and lighter, and also D21 cylinders are not the same as 210-220 although they look alike. Hard to get seals for them. A 190 cylinder might work though. Hope Darryl gets you some pics of it's mounting so you can see why I wanted a smaller diameter one. I put the D21 front under my 190 because I was busting spindles with my loader and wanted the heavy spindles. No more loader problems now. Doyle
acwd45di View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwd45di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:48am
One question also whats the difference from a wd45 diesel narrow front and a 17? They both the same height or no? Any other differences? Wondering because i have a 45 diesel front laying around but needs its casting fixed has a small crack from water getting into it.
dbounds View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 2:01pm
I would not know why a 45 front wouldn't work. I had the 17 front reason I used it. If I had a 45 I would use it. One other thing, if you ever want to put alloy wheels on, you will probably have to fill and re-drill hub and find rim that will fit on the wide hub face. Ben there, done that. Makes the putting on narrow front look easy. Doyle
acwd45di View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwd45di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 6:14pm
Looking at this 45 front end idk how to make the steering work for it being its a different setup then the d17 and ideas?
Shawn PA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 7:54pm
Maybe just a steering shaft like a 45? Idk if you'd need power steering or not. But a power steering pump like a 45 uses would work just fine for a pulling tractor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic