This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flow numbers.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flow numbers.
    Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 8:02pm
I talked to a guy about having some head work done. He's one of the best around when it comes to mopar and even Chevy however He said he has never done a tractor head but he would try. I was wonder what a stock wd head would flow and what to expect with some port work nothing major. Thought maybe if I could get some numbers for him he would no what to expect. I also have a 170 head would it be close to the same numbers. Thank In advance, Zeb.

Edited by Zaddison - 03 Dec 2014 at 8:19pm
Sponsored Links

Zaddison View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 6:24pm
Anybody? I can't seem to find anything on the web about this.
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 8:38pm
If WI50 was able to respond my guess is he could tell you exactly what you need to know. He has ported quite a few of these and has his own flow bench. Maybe someone has an email address so you could contact him directly.

Flow numbers are going to depend somewhat on valve and cylinder bore size. If your cylinder head guy is good, he will find what they Allis head will or won't flow as he works on it.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 04 Dec 2014 at 8:41pm
Zaddison View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 9:09pm
If some one has wi50 email that would be great a man of his knowledge could help a young fella like me out a lot. Thanks,Zeb.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 9:45pm
My phone is messed up, broken screen and I haven't had time to get on a computer for a few weeks. I'd gladly help you with any questions and information. Just call sometime.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic