This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1968 Allis Chalmers B110 flooding!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1968 Allis Chalmers B110 flooding!
    Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 5:45pm
My B110 is driving me nuts. It will run full throttle at governed rpm without flooding and good power. When throttle is cut back to below full governed speed it start loading up on fuel in the lower carb body and dripping out the weep hole to the point of eventually flooding out and stalling. Adjustments are "a ok" and no float issues. Anyone out there with similar issues?
Also note, it is a brand spanking new carb.
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 7:53pm
Sounds like a "float issue " to me. When the float  floats it isn't shutting off the fuel flow or the float won't float and shut off the fuel flow.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 30 Jul 2014 at 7:54pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 9:40pm
boil the float and see if it leaks also make sure the nozzle is seated inthe carb you you may have to dress the nozzle seat in the carb it can leak a tank of gas out fast i see this allthe time in the flo jets
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 7:00am
Just cause its brand spanking new doesn't mean its good. I'm wit' Tuck on this one. Sounds definitely like a float issue to me also whether its the float itself or some debris getting into the needle valve and hanging it up. Make sure your tank doesn't have junk in it. Maybe that's what took out the original carburetor. Also, if there isn't any fuel filter on it, put a gravity feed inline fuel filter on it from your local farm store for a little more insurance... HTH
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Emory View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 8:12am
I should add. It only does it while running. With engine off fuel on, carb stays dry.
Emory View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 11:06am
And also. It did the same thing with the original carb.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:57pm
check your valve lash lash makes big diff. in valve timing may have hard time making a vaccuum
Emory View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 8:21pm
Checked the valve lash tonight. Zero clearance. Thinking about it now my grandfather had the engine rebuilt over 20 years ago and I think this problem has plauged him for years since then I think (can't ask him now, he's no longer with us).
Stupid question, how do you guys recommend I grind the valve stem down to get correct clearance?
Thanks in advance.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 12:22am
I have used a vernier or dial calipers. Measure the overall length, grind a bit and measure again. If you have a lathe and some carbide tooling that would be easier.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 11:23am
we have grinder set up just for this with a toolrest for the valve stem before you get to your clearance lap your valves because this will change your claerance a little bit also if you do not have a good pattern it still will not seal good
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic