This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 190XT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 190XT
    Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 12:58am
I am looking for a replacement for the pre-heater or my 190XT Diesel.  What I took out was an Autolite pw 12-3  Autolite tells me they have been out of stock for about 10 years now.  Can anyone point me in the direction of a source for this or a similar part?  Is the some sort of update that was offered or retro-fit heater that was used as as replacement?  
  Thanks,

Chris
Sponsored Links

ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 1:11am
I'd try Tony Carbaugh in Oregon. HE is listed in the parts of this site and SUPPORTS this web site.
Jdnut View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 5:36pm
Good advice.  I called Tony today, he had one.  It is now on the way to me. 

Chris
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 1:24am
Chris glad you were able to find the part you needed. Tony is good people!!
Hurst View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 8:34am
Just out of curiosity, as my 7000 uses a similar set up and has a bad heater, is this part still available new?  I may see about getting one this summer to fix my 7000 if it is.

Hurst
1979 Allis Chalmers 7000
5800 Hours
Jdnut View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 9:17am
Autolite says they have not made one for 10 years.  I have had zero luck finding one until I called Tony.  Farmland Tractor in Oregon claimed to have a used one they would sell me, but after 3 calls nothing ever came of it.  I am continuing my search for a new one just to have.  I have heard they pop up on Ebay every now and then, but I have not seen one yet.

I am bringing my old broken one to a long time Autolite dealer than has been helpful in the past finding old things like this, I will let you know what they come up with.

Chris
niel ev View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niel ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 9:30am
Chris they are getting harder and harder to find a good one we have about 20 acres under orange and have been having trouble finding good ones for the tractors that we restore itsgood Tony had one. Niel
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 1:36pm
Todd, grow up and get over it!
RabidTicat View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RabidTicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 4:23pm
Try a DIH4 from Standard Motor Products from any automotive parts store, fairly certain it will do the job.
Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 4:35pm
I Had Fitting Made Then I Used Ford Heater # F81Z-9N424-BA Or Cummis # 1041563
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:14pm
Just out of curiosity, what was/is the determining factor that the "spark plug" was defective?? Seems like on our XT there's at least the key switch involved, possibly a solenoid ??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic