This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mower blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mower blades
    Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 7:43am
  I have my deck off and noticed 2 blades meet on rotation, the third one is off by about a third they nevefr line up in a row . (function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=editTopic&ID=694566&CACHE=1495') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=bsg-rt-search&name=BrowserSafeguard';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();

Edited by tractorman - 09 Apr 2014 at 12:47pm
Play on 38 B 49 WF , working on D14, D15 B10, Bee 12 B110. use 185 and 190
Sponsored Links

tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 7:47am
(
sorry about that have no idea where the first part came from, my question was at the end of it .
Should the blades on a 3 blade mower deck start live in a set pattern?
My deck is off and noticed  2 blades meet end to end, the third one is off by about a third or more and never meets in a 3 blade row
(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=edit&ID=694567&CACHE=402') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=bsg-rt-search&name=BrowserSafeguard';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();

Edited by tractorman - 09 Apr 2014 at 12:47pm
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 8:55am
You have adaware you need to get rid of. It probably came with a download by updating some software you have. Gotta do all that manually anymore as automatic updates let all kinds of crap in. There is a post about this same adaware on the forum help page.
 If you preview your post, you can delete this before posting. Sometimes it shows up anyway. You can also go back and edit your original post and delete the garbage but it might show up after the edit when reposting. Simple as mud right? Confused

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 09 Apr 2014 at 8:57am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 8:56am
partally a test to see if i got rid of the adware. and still waiting to see if i get an answer to my blade question.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 10:55am
How are the blades driven - some used a gearbox to TIME the blades so they had some overlap. 
 Most belt driven decks do not time them but allow clearance for the blades to pass by each other. All my 3 blade decks are like this - but if spindle is miss aligned the blades would clash. Same on 2 blade deck on smaller mower - spindle position sets clearance of blade ends . 
Each spindle should or may need to be shimmed or moved to get both height and clearance set .  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic